A few questions

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why can’t we trap a ball?
Always spins off us and every other team we play are concise in their ball control and passing.

Which brings me to my next question/
Why can’t we pass? Did you see Leeds? Everton? Watch any game and teams can pass to each other.

Is our “tactic” counter attack football?
Because we aren’t very good at that.....still 17 nothing passes to get to the edge of the box while the oppo are bish bash bosh, get a shot off.

Why is our team so slow?
When will this hell end?

I must ask....what is the fucking point in a billion pound new super stadium (which it is) but not spending money on creating a team worthy of playing in the fucking thing.

Fuck you Daniel you lizard faced, pound shop voldemort looking cunt.

Always spins off us and every other team we play are concise in their ball control and passing.

Why can’t we pass? Did you see Leeds? Everton? Watch any game and teams can pass to each other.

Because we aren’t very good at that.....still 17 nothing passes to get to the edge of the box while the oppo are bish bash bosh, get a shot off.

Why is our team so slow?
When will this hell end?
These are all questions our management team should answer

Worrying thing is that in the doc, he’s always telling them press high, don’t get your head down, nothing can affect you in the game, you don’t have time to regret, no regrets, enjoy, play, the most important thing in life and football is friendship, win the second ball......

In ten months, has one cunt listened to him?

One of the first things Sissoko did when he came on was kick a throw in we won in their half straight out of play instead of passing it back to his man

5 yard throw to his feet. A man who cost us £30million. And it’s not viewed as an anomaly- it is just the type of thing he does.

Meanwhile they have Ham-es on their right side of midfield looking like a footballer.

Says it all really.

None of the players yesterday could trap a ball or pass.

Now. We know from experience that half of them cannot carry out these simple tasks adequately: Sissoko, Lucas, Dier, PEH, Son (much of the time but he has other highly valued qualities). This is the fault of the person/people that bought them. You don’t coach these skills at their level/age - it should be a given and if it’s not, then that’s why you have scouts?

The other half do have these skills but failed to use them properly yesterday. Winks, Toby, Dele, Davies, Belly. Why did these attributes disappear from their game yesterday? Preparation? Tactics? Personal application?

On two players in particular who seem to embody all that is wrong with THFC:

Sissoko - the poor sod has been lambasted on here over and over again. Even his supporters support in an ironic kind of way. I’m sure he is a lovely fella and all that BUT his purchase and the subsequent importance placed in him by management is a fucking joke that sent a message out to the squad and to opponents. All this ‘Tottenham Way’ stuff is fans indulge in is Rose-tinted bollocks. We paid £30m for a body builder.

Dele - once blessed with real talent and promise he has been allowed to think and act as if he has made it - won trophies left right and centre, accomplished things at international level, personal awards etc. A combination of the club and the people around him have allowed this to happen. Again, like Sissoko but for very different reasons, what message does this send to teammates and opponents alike?

Perhaps we’ve reached our level and the quicker some of our fanbase accept that and lose the idea of grandeur that quite a few think we have or should have the better.

So our level is playing shite and losing to a bang average, mid table Everton team is it?

Nice one, cunto. Off to wet spam you fuck.

Comes down to how the players are coached and how theyre being set up in my opinion.

Theres no passages of play. No exciting one touch stuff. Because that's risky.

We are being negatively risk free in the hope that we can keep it tight, nick a goal and either then aim to beat a team on the counter or keep a clean sheet.

Just look at City at home. They absolutely battered us and really should have won and they even missed a penalty. There were no real exciting plays from Spurs, no excitement in our play, but we kept it at 0-0 for long enough that when City got down to 10 men and we went 1-0 up, we only then had one aim.

Its a shame really.

Because we have good players. But they are players that aren't suited to a system that's now been bestowed upon them. They genuinely need to get back to basics, the same way Redknapp came in and just told the players to play some fucking football.

But...

We knew all this coming in. We called it. Mourinho hasn't played good football in years. He was never going to transform a team that wasn't playing good football before into a team playing good football. He isn't that kind of manager.

We were told he was a serial winner and that he'd win stuff here so ultimately that's how he should be judged. He needed two fucking replays in the FA Cup before getting knocked out by the worst team in the Premier League and then got hammered at the first hurdle of the knockouts by Leipzig.

Let's see what he can do this year. Its not going to be pretty, but hey, we expected it.

The margin for error with Mourinho's tactics is so small - if Kane gets his studs to that Son cross first half we get to play the rest of the game on the counter and probably win 2-0.......

issue is that if the opposition score first we are absolutely fucked

Can I start off by saying I'm not a spurs fan. I always kept a eye on them as my best make growing up loved spurs. I'm a United fan.
When Jose came to united I was OK with it as I thought we need to win the league again and he would do it. Nice football would come later i thought. Well as you all know it ended in a shit show with half the team hating mourinho and wanting to leave. It all started falling apart when his number 2 left.
After watching the amazon documentary the one thing I noticed was the pressure Jose puts on mistakes. You can see it in the players v Everton no one wanted to take a risk they all play safe. The biggest thing to change at United with ole is he let's the players play. Might not always work but he tries to take the pressure off the forwards.
I will end this long post by saying I hope spurs have a good season , I can't stand Woolwich and hate lfc evan more. Good luck.

Ancelotti doesn’t do much coaching these days, but he has a beautiful eye for putting together a balanced team. Get a guy who tackles and recycles the ball, Allan. Get a guy who runs box to box all day, Doucoure. Get a guy who sees a picture in his head and has the touch to buy time, James. Instantly they looked like the sort of balanced midfield that we haven’t seen since 2017.

Why is our team so slow?
When will this hell end?

We didn't look well prepared for the season, our players looked shocked that it wasn't still pre season and that the opposition might actually try.

We need to make more use of set pieces, we are still getting loads of corners and scoring from them occasionally would completely change games.

The thing about Mourinho's football is its always shite, which makes the results even more polarising.....there's nothing else to take positives from other than nicking a win

Last edited:
Rodriguez destroyed our shit-cunt midfield

And we could have signed him out of course. Instead we got a Saints reject and people expect us to play like Barca 2011

I can’t deny Allen, Rodriquez are just class in what they do, Everton have a seriously good midfield. The shame is in Kane, Bergwijn and Son we have potentially an outstanding attack but no midfield (Lo Celso aside) able to support them properly.

So our level is playing shite and losing to a bang average, mid table Everton team is it?

Nice one, cunto. Off to wet spam you fuck.
Annnnd here we go.......
CDF3-D822-694-D-46-D4-BB2-F-F38-F132-DB628.gif

It's because of Poch, Sammy. That chubby fucker took us from CL finalists to relegation fodder. Am I getting warm?

You didn't say you were seeking genuine answers so I figured this was a 'Sammy-question' leading somewhere. I hope I got the right answer. I gotta be close.
The regression is over 18 months in the making.
People can try and rewrite history all they like, but every single player that went to shit, did so under Poch.
The question now is, why is the damage so ingrained?

Back
Top Bottom