A Proper Harry Kane Poll, with no silly options.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you support Kane going on strike ?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
No need to strike. If he wants to move , hand in a transfer request but still be a pro and go to training. If City don't offer the right amount then he has to accept and carry on at Spurs.
What is the right amount - doubt you will get levy the lizard to write it down

What is the right amount - doubt you will get levy the lizard to write it down
Well you can take an educated guess.
Grealish £100m
Lukaku £130m, still not accepted.

So if the offer is £150m, or thereabouts, and Levy rejects it. Then you could have some sympathy with Kane. If not then there is no defence for him going on strike.
Having a hatred/dislike for Levy does not automatically mean that Kane is correct in his actions.

Not enough silly options.

Bin vote cast.

giphy.gif

A clear promise to me means a clause in the contract.

It does not mean that Kane is free to set his own price regardless of contract length remaining or Tottenham's valuation of him.

As I say to my team when they get excited about a sale being "verbally done" and "nearly over the line", if I can't stand up in court with the piece of paper and say "pay me my money" it's worth nothing.

And if we're putting value on "clear promises", how about Harry's "clear promise" to train as part of being a Spurs player?

It all boils down to having his clueless loser brother as his agent, if he had someone competent like Mendes or Raiola he would have never found himself in this situation

No world class talent is stupid enough to sign a 6 year contract at a 2nd/3rd tier club without any clause

A bit of a loaded question. Few will support Kane.

A more interesting question is whether you'd hold it against Kane. Personally I wouldn't. He is just trying to engineer a move that few would begrudge him. It is how he's gone about it, rather than him wishing to leave, which is regretable. But I think he'll knuckle down. Now might be the only chance for him to move this season, with city potentially choosing one of Grealish or Kane.

Difficult one, I have always believed in the individuals right to withdraw their labour if their position has become untenable and all negotiations have been exhausted. Not sure if H (or any pro footballer) actions by not turning in can be classed as 'strike' in the conventional sense but more a case of a frustration of contract and non cooperation.

Couldn't give a flying how it affects the Board I am much more concerned how it will harm the Club and indeed Harry himself.

A bit loaded question. Few will support Kane.

A more interesting question is whether you'd hold it against him. Personally I wouldn't. He is just trying to engineer a move that few would begrudge him. So it's how he's got about it, rather than him leaving.

You either support him going on strike to engineer his move as some have done
or
You don't agree with him going on strike to engineer his move as others have done.

The question has nothing to do with whether he stays or goes, Enic or Levy, only whether you support his actions or not.

No issue with Kane wanting to leave, or leaving for a fair price. But if he's on strike over Levy not accepting 100m then he just doesn't understand his value.

Eden Hazard had a year on his contract and Real Madrid are said to have paid up to €140m for him. Coutinho initial fee of £105m rising to £135m in bonus. Grealish is a lovely player valued at 100m, but goals are money and Kane only has a right to strike if we're turning down bids of 130m plus, imo.

Harry is playing the game he has to play because Levy is a useless and dishonest piece of shit. H has given incredible service to us and we’ve fucked up at least three times when we had a pretty easy opportunity to cement a place at the top table. Take the money and let him move on. We might get him back when he’s won something if we play it right.

Harry is playing the game he has to play because Levy is a useless and dishonest piece of shit. H has given incredible service to us and we’ve fucked up at least three times when we had a pretty easy opportunity to cement a place at the top table. Take the money and let him move on. We might get him back when he’s won something if we play it right.
What money?

Back
Top Bottom