A Proper Harry Kane Poll, with no silly options.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you support Kane going on strike ?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ok,

1.45 x Ndombele.
1.45 x Lacazette
1 x Ozil + 4 years wages
1 x Sanchez + Gio + Bergwijn
1 x Zaha + wages

(You must remember though; loaded or not we don't have the pick to every player tin the world, so saying 60m for Haaland next years clause + Aguero at 2011 price is null. )

You have already said you'd accept it; albeit begrudgingly. (See Harry Kane thread)

Well I guess no-one's in the market for the worlds best CF this summer then..... Or maybe they can try their luck prizing Lewandowski or Lukaku out of their clubs instead and having a spend up with presumed difference in fees.

I'd rather accept 100 million than keep an unhappy player at the club. But that doesn't mean if City have already offered that amount, we can't squeeze more out of them, or perhaps even a player. So there's a big difference.

If they want Kane enough there's no reason they won't find another 10-20 million to push the deal through. But 150 million isn't happening ever. It's pricing him out of a move, simple as that.

I support Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, so no. Like Flav and Bille T said in the podcast, he could've said that he wanted to go. It would've sucked, A LOT, but we could try to cope with it. This though, this is throwing the fans and the club to the ground, not Levy. And the worst part is, it's Harry fucking Kane. You could expect this from everyone in the fucking world, even from Hojbjerg or Son or Vertonghen, but not from Kane. The only person I didn't think was capable of going this far is Harry Kane. And it's why it sucks so much.
I fucking hate Daniel Levy, I blame him as well for the shitshow that he's made in the past 3 years, but I can't blame him enough to make Kane miss training, even if I try.
Tomorrow is going to be a big day, if he doesn't show up again, there's no more "legacy", there's no more "one of our own". Didn't Bale tell him anything for fuck sake? How he's just going to be a spoke on the wheel at City, that 10 years after he's retired, he won't be remembered for his trophies, but he's just going to be remembered for throwing his boyhood club under a fucking train, not even a bus.

I find this whole saga to be totally mad. He's worth 150 million and would be sold if the right offer comes in. The notion that we are being mean by not selling him cheap is baffling. He has a price, it's not our problem that the one thing man city get sanctimonious about is not paying large transfer fees. Fuck right off

I'd rather accept 100 million than keep an unhappy player at the club.

Best revisit my previous post then.

Like I said, your justification for accepting 100m is "what if he sulks". Literally!!!!

But 150 million isn't happening ever. It's pricing him out of a move, simple as that.

LOL.... This simply isn't how things work.....

Some guy knocks on the door of your house and says "I want to buy it" and you replied "I never had any intention of selling, but market value is X; what can you offer me?" and they say "ah, but I only wanted to offer you Y".... You don't proceed to then barter downwards until such time that the you eventually accept Y anyway through fear that you might find woodworm in the foundations.

You just say "no thanks" and politely close the door.

Best revisit my previous post then.

Like I said, your justification for accepting 100m is "what if he sulks". Literally!!!!

LOL.... This simply isn't how things work.....

Some guy knocks on the door of your house and says "I want to buy it" and you replied "I never had any intention of selling, but market value is X; what can you offer me?" and they say "ah, but I only wanted to offer you Y".... You don't proceed to then barter downwards until such time that the you eventually accept Y anyway through fear that you might find woodworm in the foundations.

You just say "no thanks" and politely close the door.

Ultimately you want an unrealistic price for Kane because you're content to keep an unhappy player that no longer has the motivation to play for the club. I understand what damage keeping such a player can do to a side, so pricing him out of a move when there's hardly a bidding war going on for him is insanity.

I'll take stevee stevee

tenor.gif
I want Airfixx Airfixx

Animated GIF

I love harry, and want him with Spurs. But.......are we going to win trophies? If he is not going to be happy, will he play as hard? Players are assets, and long term views have to be considered. If Paratici can make us better using the money, might as well do it. $100 million and a player that could start for us would be tempting to me.

Ultimately you want an unrealistic price for Kane

No... I want market value IF he is must leave.

because you're content to keep an unhappy player that no longer has the motivation to play for the club.
I understand what damage keeping such a player can do to a side,

He'll re-find his motivation soon enough... He wants that EPL scoring record and has a WC to prepare for and an England captaincy and national halo to preserve.

so pricing him out of a move when there's hardly a bidding war going on for him is insanity.

Perhaps we can sell him abroad instead..... Uh oh.... Nope he doesn't want that..... Cos he wants the EPL scoring record? ........ Maybe he's obstructing his own exit by inserting such strict caveats then?

Rumour is Inter have just turned down 100m Chav pounds for Lukaku.... The plot thickens.

I support Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, so no. Like Flav and Bille T said in the podcast, he could've said that he wanted to go. It would've sucked, A LOT, but we could try to cope with it. This though, this is throwing the fans and the club to the ground, not Levy. And the worst part is, it's Harry fucking Kane. You could expect this from everyone in the fucking world, even from Hojbjerg or Son or Vertonghen, but not from Kane. The only person I didn't think was capable of going this far is Harry Kane. And it's why it sucks so much.
I fucking hate Daniel Levy, I blame him as well for the shitshow that he's made in the past 3 years, but I can't blame him enough to make Kane miss training, even if I try.
Tomorrow is going to be a big day, if he doesn't show up again, there's no more "legacy", there's no more "one of our own". Didn't Bale tell him anything for fuck sake? How he's just going to be a spoke on the wheel at City, that 10 years after he's retired, he won't be remembered for his trophies, but he's just going to be remembered for throwing his boyhood club under a fucking train, not even a bus.
You mean the Gareth Bale that basically admitted he used Tottenham Hotspur as a rehab facility for the Euros?

Being a little naive my friend, they're professional footballers. Judas wasn't an outlier, its a job to them. The clubs are merely the employers and we're merely the customers.

No, but I feel like this poll is worded to get a particular response. Obviously I would never support a player going on strike but if it’s true he made an agreement with Levy that he could go this year if we don’t qualify for CL/win something then I certainly understand his decision.

No, but I feel like this poll is worded to get a particular response. Obviously I would never support a player going on strike but if it’s true he made an agreement with Levy that he could go this year if we don’t qualify for CL/win something then I certainly understand his decision.

There would have been more to the story than that..... Pricetag would have been central to any exit.

That's just common sense.

There would have been more to the story than that..... Pricetag would have been central to any exit.

That's just common sense.
Of course, but as we don’t know that info I’m not going to write him off as a cunt just yet after all he has done for us. It’s Levy we’re dealing with, definitely wouldn’t shock me if he’s gone back on his word.

His agreement was subject to a market value offer (so we ware told) with no such offer Kane is breaking the agreement not the club ... if a >130m offer comes along then let him go.

I don’t think we have enough info. If levy made clear promises and is not meeting them, Kane deserves to be pissed.

Otherwise, it is a classless move and he should honor the contract.

Kanes generally been a classy player and person, so I’m more inclined to believe him over levy.
If you’re under contract, you show up to work, period.

Back
Top Bottom