A Proper Harry Kane Poll, with no silly options.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you support Kane going on strike ?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Made my mind up.

I voted yes, because I support the rights of workers to withdraw their labour. I assume that Kane held a ballot, voted and is abiding by the result.

If, eventually, he is unfairly forced to resume his labour, I hope he enforces an overtime ban, resulting in him sitting down on the grass at 45 & 90 minutes and not participating in any added time whatsoever.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Fook levy. People need to understand it aint personal from Kane to the club or the fans. This is just to put pressure on Levy and play him at his own games. Levys the biggest troll in the game.

enough bullshit. Sell the man and get some fucking players. This happens every time. Levy will edge this out until the last week of deadline day and then everyone we try to buy is going to want more money and then by the time deadline day is 11pm weve bought no one and levy will say “actually the head coach is happy with the squad”

personally id love Kane to spend the next few seasons in the reserves playing golf and enjoying his life just to derail his value and stick it to levy but those are my own selfish reasons.

Made my mind up.

I voted yes, because I support the rights of workers to withdraw their labour. I assume that Kane held a ballot, voted and is abiding by the result.

If, eventually, he is unfairly forced to resume his labour, I hope he enforces an overtime ban, resulting in him sitting down on the grass at 45 & 90 minutes and not participating in any added time whatsoever.

giphy.gif

did not
‘affect the substance of the points arising under the ECHR itself’ in the current appeal
(para 50). That decided, Lloyd LJ went on to address the question of the reasonableness or proportionality of the UK statutory provisions without further reference to external sources: to ECHR jurisprudence, or to ILO or ESC standards (101-113). He did not comment specifically on the
ESC Committee of Experts’ direct criticism of UK law, nor on the ILO opinion that notice
requirements could be justified only in so far as they were designed to encourage the parties to the dispute to engage in further negotiations before resorting to industrial action. Judging the matter of reasonableness instead in a rather abstract way, it did not take him long to find that the UK provisions
were
reasonable. It was reasonable that the law should seek to assist the
employers’ side in an industrial dispute by requiring the trade union to provide notice and
information to the employer: a balance was in any event necessary between the rights afforded to workers by Article 11 ECHR and the rights of the employer guaranteed under Article 1 of the First Protocol to the ECHR. It was reasonable to require a trade union to give notice of an intention to ballot as soon as was reasonably practicable, regardless of whether or not the union intended to take pursuant industrial action. And it was reasonable to require a trade union, when supplying information from its own sources, to say something about how the information had been arrived at. In reaching these conclusions, Lloyd LJ made specific reference to the legislative history of the provisions: to the fact that they had been introduced by a Conservative Government and amended twice by a Labour Government, and to the fact that the Labour Government had undertaken consultation before introducing the second set of amendments. If
these provisions had presented serious difficulties for trade unions, he reasoned, wouldn’t the
opportunity have been taken before now to amend them? He also referred to the guidance offered to trade unions in the Code of Practice: if the legislation was read together with the Code of Practice, its meaning was reasonably clear.
6. COMMENTARY

In
Metrobus v. Unite
, the argument was lead that on the authority of the European Court of Human Rights
’ decision in the case of
Enerji
, Article 11 must be understood to protect a right to
strike. It was further argued that, on the authority of the Court’s decision in
Demir
, the substance and nature of that right fell to be interpreted with reference to ESC and ILO jurisprudence. And it was argued, again on the authority of
Demir
, that any interference with that right had to be justified under Article 11(2) with reference to ESC and ILO standards. The Court of Appeal rejected these arguments.
Enerji
, it said, was not good authority. Though the European Court had stated clearly that an interference with the right to strike would have to be justified under Article 11, it had not explained its reasoning at any length. Neither was
Demir
good authority for the argument that the nature and substance of the right to strike must be decided with reference to ESC and ILO standards. In
Demir
, international labour standards had merely provided part of the context for the Court of Human Rights

decision. International labour standards were certainly interesting, Lloyd LJ admitted, but hardly relevant to the Court of
Appeal’s decision
in the instant case. The approach taken by the Court of Appeal suggests a reticence to engage with arguments based on international human rights and labour standards. Such reticence provides a sharp contrast with the attitude of the European Court of Human Rights, which has been increasingly insistent, in recent years, on the need to have reference to sources of international law other than the Convention when interpreting Convention rights. In
Demir
, the Court provided a particularly clear statement of this approach and then utilised it to rule contrary to decades of prior case law that Article 11
did
protect a right to collective bargaining. A few months later, it took the further step in
Enerji
of ruling that Article 11 protected a right to strike. In refusing to acknowledge the significance of these decisions, the Court of Appeal has added to a list of cases in which British courts have paid little heed to arguments based on Article 11 ECHR. And it has brought to mind the decisions of judges such as Lord Denning, who resisted decades ago the efforts of Parliament to grant workers a right to strike. Whether the
Demir
and
Enerji
judgments will be accorded greater weight by British courts in future decisions remains to be seen. In the meantime,
the Court of Appeal’s decision in
Metrobus v Unite
is authority for the following interpretations of the information and notice

requirements contained in TULRCA 1992. First, that the obligation to inform the employer of
the result of a ballot under s. 231A exists independently of the union’s decision whether or not to
take industrial action. Second, that in a ballot of around 800 workers, the term
‘as soon as reasonably practical’
contained in s. 231A can usually
be understood to mean ‘on the same day as the result of the ballot becomes known’
. Third, that in respect of industrial action which will involve check-off and non check-off union members, the choice offered in ss. 226(2)(c)(ii) and 234A(3)(a)(ii) as to the type of information which needs to be given by the union arises only in respect of the check-off employees. Fourth, that inaccuracies or errors in figures supplied by a trade union do not constitute a breach of s 234A(3D) provided that the inaccuracies or errors relate to figures which the trade union was
not
required to provide
TLDR:
Is it a yes or a no ?

Fook levy. People need to understand it aint personal from Kane to the club or the fans. This is just to put pressure on Levy and play him at his own games. Levys the biggest troll in the game.

enough bullshit. Sell the man and get some fucking players. This happens every time. Levy will edge this out until the last week of deadline day and then everyone we try to buy is going to want more money and then by the time deadline day is 11pm weve bought no one and levy will say “actually the head coach is happy with the squad”

personally id love Kane to spend the next few seasons in the reserves playing golf and enjoying his life just to derail his value and stick it to levy but those are my own selfish reasons.
Sell the man to who ? and for how much ?

Do you support Harry Kane going on strike to get a move, even though no one has made a market value bid for him ?
I’m among the minority voting [support] but I’m quite happy being there. I believe that the working man should strive to better himself when and wherever he is being exploited or held back by the employer!

People cry about how agents are sleazy etc etc, but players need smart agents or their client can get stuck in a contract they dont want like kane is. In the end all parties are doing whats best for them. Levy tricked them with the gentlemans agreement. Theyve made their move and hes going on strike. Interesting to see how this will all end.
What are you on about with him being "tricked?"

For all we know the gentleman's agreement was "you can leave Harry if we don't win anything this year AND a reasonable offer comes in." I'm sure the agreement wasn't, "sure Harry, you can fuck off to whichever club you want next year at whatever price if we don't win a trophy."

At the end of the day he signed a 6 year contract to make him millions upon millions of pounds every single year. If he wanted an out clause, his brother should have negotiated one for him.

The only person who "tricked" Harry was his brother tricking him into thinking having him as his agent was a good idea.

Anyone who voted "yes" here doesn't support Tottenham Hotspur FC.
I would say anyone voting yes supports Tottenham Hotspur to their core but doesn't want to be going over the same old arguments for the next 21 years as our trophy cabinet gathers more dust while our best players leave.

Gone about it in the wrong way, but nobody here knows exactly what goes on behind the scenes. People like to pretend that they do but they haven't got a clue. Just what they might read in the papers.

We all know that Levy is an absolute wanker of the highest order. That much is for certain. I think people are now simply seeing that Kane doesn't love the club half as much as they have always liked to believe.

Judas
Michael Carrick
Dimitar Berbatov
Gareth Bale
Luka Modric

How would anyone think this is going to be any different?

Money talks

Money plays a part, as always in any walk of life, but what world-class footballer in their right mind would want to play for us right now, knowing we're miles away from winning one of the major trophies? Not a single one. Why should Kane continue to be an exception to that?

Gone about it in the wrong way, but nobody here knows exactly what goes on behind the scenes. People like to pretend that they do but they haven't got a clue. Just what they might read in the papers.

We all know that Levy is an absolute wanker of the highest order. That much is for certain. I think people are now simply seeing that Kane doesn't love the club half as much as they have always liked to believe.
What the fuck are your point? Transparency? Never going to happen.

If I was Kane id be willing to sit in the reserves until January, use that time to recover from 8 years of non stop hard work and loyal service giving my body rest. Just to watch as Levy squirms as my value depreciates each week.

Back
Top Bottom