Aaron Lennon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No matter what the circumstances, its just wrong to do that to a professional of 10 years standing, and the guy that did this

Was there for that. November the 5th IIRC. Fireworks going off in the sky over WHL, and it seemed like they were all for us. Keano taking the piss down the left, and a brilliant finish. Fucking scenes.

Hertyid (COYS) on Lennon:
It's not one single event, but a group of issues which have surrounded him for a while. Unlikely he will play for us again

Pinch of salt and so on, but there have been many accusations like this over the years. And in my view ITK is usually more accurate when it comes to our own players, as opposed to potential new signings.

Yeah, ranks right up there with ISIS, Boko Haram and the nazi party. Absolutely disgraceful.

godwin3yn.jpg
:adethumbup:

He seems pretty capable of sorting out the rotten eggs though. I hope Lennon hasn't been one of them...
It's not like we have a lot of info to go on.

But that doesn't mean anything to you, you already know.

No that's what it "sounds like" according to the article posted in this thread.... Now go train with the youth team!

Sounds like there isn't a place for an ageing aaron lennon in the squad and while he sorts out a transfer he's training with the reserves to keep his fitness.
Why would he train with the first team, in that example? Then he's just taking the place of someone younger.

Sounds like we have a(nother) manager who is incapable of managing his players.

Disgraceful treatment.

Although I agree that it's not a good way to treat someone who's been around and been a hero of ours for so long, maybe it's done for a good reason.

To me it seems as if Poch is trying to create a fantastic training culture, and building a very ambitious and professional squad of young players who work hard every day to improve. If that's the case, it can be detrimental for what he's trying to build to keep older, very influential players, who don't share the same ambitions.

With the way Lennon has regressed the last few years I suspect that he no longer gives to much of a fck about improving, about being the best footballer he can possibly be. If that's the case, it's natural that Spurs as a club, and the manager, wants him to move on.

(Prepares to get slayed again)

It's a miracle that Lennon is still at the club. he's been less than mediocre for the last 3 years. In fact Chadli set up and scored more goals last season than Lennon has in his last five combined.

Some great memories as with VDV but when the best thing you can praise a winger with Lennon's pace for is his "defensive contribution" then it's time for them to move on.

Even the most idealistic of us must admit that Lennon never quite fulfilled his potential. Flashes of brilliance, but caused regular exasperation with piss weak shots and terrible deliveries.

I will miss his jinking runs into the box, terrifying the opponent defender till they fell over.

I wont miss him standing completely stationary awaiting the ball to his feet, his heels scraping the touch line, hands slightly out to the sides, with a mildly aggravated look on his face.

God speed Azza Blud.

Last edited:
Great servant to the club. But clinging on to past memories if we retain him. Hasn't been anywhere close to his best recently and I don't think he ever truly reached what could have been his best.

Give me Lennon over Lamela any day. bit of pace, can beat a man, knows which colour we play in.
Problem is, and this will be more down to coaching, he stopped trying to beat his man about 3 seasons ago.
There was a time he'd scare the full back and get them booked early doors, then run them ragged for the rest of the game.
In recent times it's been the whole cutting inside just outside the box thing.

Problem is, and this will be more down to coaching, he stopped trying to beat his man about 3 seasons ago.....In recent times it's been the whole cutting inside just outside the box thing.

Surely that's tactics rather than a regression of ability. If the coach says. "Cut inside & shoot or I'll drop you" you will cut inside & shoot, even if your shit at doing what your being asked to do.

Lennon is a better player than AVB / Poch tactics allow.

He might well be a bit of a "Rude Boy" but he's not a shit footballer

Its amazing Lennon (one of the fastest players in the league) hasnt flourished under the under WHN and Pochettino what with their love for getting the ball forward as quickly as possible with the minimum of fuss.....

Back
Top Bottom