Adama Traore

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't say I'm overly enthused by his 'imminent' signing either.

It's TalkSport so, y'know, hyperbole central is to be expected - but 'huge risk' is unfair here. We're signing him for about 20 million (not a lot today, alas) and he already knows the league. He can either disappoint in terms of either goal/assist output or making our first XI better, but there's only so much he could devalue and his wages won't be enormous.

In retrospect, it's someone like Ndombele that ended up being the huge risk.

I'll be honest, never really wanted him but at this point, I'd take him just to get another body in and freshen the squad up a bit.

What frustrates me is that we've obviously been linked with him since the summer, surely we could have been working on this in the background and have it wrapped up by now?

As usual, we're leaving ourselves with a lot of work to do in the last week of the window.

He hasn’t improved much since then, but he had nothing to offer a hopeless bottom dweller like that Villa side.

He makes a right nuisance of himself for Wolves even on his worst day.

If we need him to have passing range and sharp close control this is going to be ugly.
Teams don't enjoy playing against him, and even if he doesn't cause immediate problems hes a worry. For me, if people are scared shit of Traore running at them, who's watching Kane or Son? They can't watch them all - and if he can be coached to a final ball too...

The game is not all about goals and assists, Bergwijn has been a complete flop.

If you're playing as one of a front three you need to do something more than just getting your team up the pitch and picking up fouls. We're a team that doesn't score enough and doesn't create enough. Adama Traore sure isn't the answer to either problem.

Bits of him will start popping in all the wrong ways under Conte.
tMR8KKUH_400x400.jpg

The last minute. Sums Levy up. We're already 8 days into the transfer window. We never seem to do our business early and try to benefit from having any new player(s) with more time to work with. No, it's all last minute, bargain basement scrabbling.

Levy's talking to Lewis, apparently. Conte is still saying he needs to talk to the club about what's going to be available. Why aren't we prepared for these conversations before the window opens?

Still, 20+ days to go so I'll wait to see what happens.

Adama should have been done the second Son was confirmed out for a month.

A striker and CM should have been negotiated already and just to dot the i’s on January 1.

Now it’s “expected to make a bid this window”……He’ll think he’s a hero for signing Adama, but it’s just not enough, especially if he’s Royales replacement.

Wolves fan

Bobby Baggio

Senior Member​

“really surprised that he is going to spurs....is it really that a big a step up..other than wages ? i am guessing that they must be his only option but that just shows he just really wants to leave us or he would want to wait until the summer himself...where he will have more offers”

Funny GIF

Back
Top Bottom