Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Make him turn up for every game and sit on the bench with no intentions to pick him. Once he gets the message, he then fails to turn up. Then we can fine him two weeks wages every time he fails to turn up. At the end of the season we will get back 5 mill.

A highly motivated and focused Adebayor is absolute class. I wouldn't go as far to call him World Class, but on his day he can be absolutely unplayable. The trouble is, he picks when those days are.

Usually, when he is in his first season honeymoon, on loan or has a point to prove. Now Kane is first (and only, really) choice, and deservedly so. Adebayor is not going to retire when his contract runs out. And arguably is going to want a move somewhere that can pay him a handsome wage, which means he needs to be enticing to someone.

Does nobody else think that an Adebayor that needs to perform is something worth exploring? Just me?

Yes, the guy comes across as a massive prick, but he has also got some good attributes. And I just think this could work out for all of us really.

A highly motivated and focused Adebayor is absolute class. I wouldn't go as far to call him World Class, but on his day he can be absolutely unplayable. The trouble is, he picks when those days are.

Usually, when he is in his first season honeymoon, on loan or has a point to prove. Now Kane is first (and only, really) choice, and deservedly so. Adebayor is not going to retire when his contract runs out. And arguably is going to want a move somewhere that can pay him a handsome wage, which means he needs to be enticing to someone.

Does nobody else think that an Adebayor that needs to perform is something worth exploring? Just me?

Yes, the guy comes across as a massive prick, but he has also got some good attributes. And I just think this could work out for all of us really.
Fuck him and fuck the rest of his career.
If he cared about it he would have moved on anyway.
Rot away sir

He's past it now. Too much partying, and age is a big factor. He's not the player he was, even when he was trying.

I think the guy is an enigma. I think he has a peculiar way that certain people don't like. How is it he can get on with Harry and not AVB, then get on with Sherweasel and not Poch? On one hand you can't ignore his consistent run of trouble. On the other hand you have to wonder how it is that he seems okay if a manager likes him and Levy is watching the whole time.

I think it would be sensible to try and get something out of him, but Poch, like AVB, clearly doesn't have what it takes to both keep him in line and get something out of him. I suspect therefore that we will see him sitting around doing nothing until January.

I know I have been thinking the same I literally have no idea how Ades brain works. It's worse than the enigma it's unsolvable.

Wonder whether we could get QPR to pay half his wages?
Loan window still open for Championship clubs, they're London based, he actually seemed to get on with Ramsey.
Could loan till Jan with a view to him banging in some goals and having one or two more suitors in the Jan window.

Was he included in the squad lists?

Had to submit by the 1st how hard is it to publish?

This will give us any idea if there's any more discussion worth talking about.

Leave him to his own mind, he deserves it.
Let him fade away. Hes no enigma just ill advised and a lazy greedy twat?

We mustn't cut him any favour, of any kind. He needs to make his own choices.

How is it he can get on with Harry and not AVB, then get on with Sherweasel and not Poch?

Its pretty obvious surely? You have named two managers who motivate and manage players and two projects managers who have no motivational skills whatsoever it seems.

Its pretty obvious surely? You have named two managers who motivate and manage players and two projects managers who have no motivational skills whatsoever it seems.
Harry managed to motivate the QPR players into relegation. Tim seems to be doing the same for Villa. Hugo is reported to have said that Sherwood ran Tottenham like a holiday camp, 'Arry probably told him to run about a bit, and that he was terrific. Different people are motivated by different things. I see a failure to motivate Ade as being the trait of a great manager myself, if you motivate him you are doing something wrong.
And really it wasnt necessarily Harry that motivated him, but the fact that he was on loan and playing for a contract. And Sherwood is on record as saying that he didn't need to motivate Ade, he just needed to play him. So you have to credit AVB for the motivation there.

Last edited:
You've only got to look at the past few days to realise the bloke couldn't give a flying fuck whether he plays or not-which for a player who can terrorise other teams is pretty sad. If he had no future at WHL then he would have released himself from his contract instead of holding out for his full contract to be paid or waiting for a sign from God...I'm not saying he should have gone without some compensation, but surely he could have negotiated a situation where whatever he negotiated with a new club could have been topped up by Spurs- say a couple of million- to make up his wages . But no...he wanted £5 million to then go & sign for someone else for another few million. When that didn't happen, he sat his lazy arse down & decided he'd just take the £5 million. That suggests he doesn't want to play or at least isn't bothered if he plays. When he does retire he will be a very rich man but will have failed to fulfil his potential through his short career. I find that slightly ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom