Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ade, I've some really bad news for you fella ;

images

r5GknMG.png

This chart says it all really. Pretty much a vertical climb and fall after he thought he had made it in 07/08. A couple of blips when he was playing for a new contract and when he was desperate to prove AVB wrong.

r5GknMG.png

This chart says it all really. Pretty much a vertical climb and fall after he thought he had made it in 07/08. A couple of blips when he was playing for a new contract and when he was desperate to prove AVB wrong.

Funny thing is during Sherwood's brief tenure he managed a microcosm of his own stereotype.

When he first got put back in under Sherwood in late December he scored 8 in 10 over a 7 week period (to 12th Feb). From that point to the end of the season, over 13 games (starting every one) he only scored in two - the 5-1 rout of Sunderland and a penalty vs Villa on the last day.

Went in considered "lazy", played well just long enough to get people back onside, then lived off that effort for the rest of the season.

Tottenham Hotspur have refused to name Emmanuel Adebayor in their squad for the Europa League and are also expected to exclude him in the Premier League, as he remains in limbo at the club.

The north London club have submitted their list to Uefa and Adebayor’s name is not on it, and he is unlikely either to be on the 25-man senior squad list that Spurs will submit to the Premier League later on Thursday.

Adebayor is persona non grata at Tottenham, having been removed from first-team contention by the manager, Mauricio Pochettino, since the beginning of pre-season. The club were desperate to get his £100,000 weekly wage off the books before Tuesday’s transfer deadline but no agreement could be reached.

West Ham United showed an interest in him but, when they filled their quota of domestic loans with the deal for Chelsea’s Victor Moses, any move for Adebayor became dependent on him reaching a settlement with Tottenham and signing as a free agent.

Adebayor wanted the final year of his deal to be paid up in full – a sum of around £5m – and Tottenham refused. They did not want to give him all of the money and then see him go to a rival club and, potentially, score against them.

Adebayor has been training with Tottenham’s development squad and he has been stripped of his No10 shirt, which has gone to Harry Kane. The one remaining chance of Tottenham getting rid of him would appear to be a sale to a club in Qatar. The transfer window there does not close until 30 September.

At least we aren't the only ones being messed about...

Emmanuel Adebayor failed to report for camp ahead of Togo's 2017 African Cup of Nations qualifier against Djibouti and will as a result miss the clash.

The Sparrowhawks face lowly Djibouti on Friday, having edged Liberia 2-1 in their opening Group A encounter.

Adebayor has suffered with on and off the field problems over the past year and was unable to secure a move away from Tottenham Hotspur despite desperate attempts to leave the North London club.

It is not the first time that the Togo skipper failed to honour his call-up, with the 31-year-old arriving late only to score the winning goal in the country's win over Liberia in Lomé a few months ago.

The one remaining chance of Tottenham offloading him would appear to be a sale to a club in Qatar. The transfer window there does not close until 30 September.

:levystare::adegrin: :avbpray:

#SignFromGod

It's strange that the club thinks he is a threat to us but yet we don't use him to be a threat to other teams. :unsure:
Sorry, but I think that this is a gross oversimplification of the Ade situation. He's no longer part of the team, for good reason, and I don't think that the club is that worried about him being a threat to us.

I think with all of the understandable vitriol against Ade on here we should remember that he is mentally ill and bad things have happened to him.

He is entitled to be paid up on his contract and it was the financial wizard Levy who gave him it so that isn't his fault.

I feel as frustrated as any of you on this but I think all of this hate is out of order.
(Save that for the wannabe London Mayor Judas, now that is fully deserved!)

I hope Poch can make an accommodation with him and he plays some part in the EL.

I feel very sorry for him and life is too short for this crap!

:adethumbup:

I expect to get slated for this but there are more pressing things to worry about.......

I think with all of the understandable vitriol against Ade on here we should remember that he is mentally ill and bad things have happened to him.

He is entitled to be paid up on his contract and it was the financial wizard Levy who gave him it so that isn't his fault.

I feel as frustrated as any of you on this but I think all of this hate is out of order.
(Save that for the wannabe London Mayor Judas, now that is fully deserved!)

I hope Poch can make an accommodation with him and he plays some part in the EL.

I feel very sorry for him and life is too short for this crap!

:adethumbup:

I expect to get slated for this but there are more pressing things to worry about.......
He does not deserve to get paid up at all: Mental illness can be treated and managed for a lot less that 5mill pounds: Its not hate its his rank selfish opportunism that is at issue and the damage it would do to our younger players if he was reinstated to the squad. Top call Poch all the way!

If we released him now he wouldnt be able to join a club til jan as you need to be a free agent before the transfer window closes.

Back
Top Bottom