Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I posted this earlier:

"I noticed this "Chillin with my G's" pic got a lot of hate:

10860056_600578970084678_31722400_n.jpg

The news papers grabbed onto this and did the usual baiting.

They don't post the charity work he did in the same spot:
11231206_1673856702843015_1500446131656524093_n.jpg

You also brought up the rumor about him consulting his pastor regarding the move. That is a Christian leader.

Ade converted to Islam.

Where do you get the idea that is anything to do with charity?

That is just some prayer group worshiping the bad juju out of his fucked up head.

Christ. Go wash the cum from your Spurs duvet set and sheets.

Perhaps Poch has actually cost us more than just Ade wages. After all, Poch playing Soldado and Townsend in attack instead of Ade was obviously not a good idea in retrospect. If Ade had played instead of Townsend and Soldado all season, we may have got 4th.

Poch started Ade for the first couple of months of last season (started 9 of the first 10 league games), but he was just awful and got dropped for Harry Kane.

If Poch had stuck with Adebayor it would have been Kane excluded, not Soldado, so unless you think Ade would have been significantly better than Harry you don't have much of a point there.

Poch started Ade for the first couple of months of last season (started 9 of the first 10 league games), but he was just awful and got dropped for Harry Kane.

Yep. He had malaria in preseason.

The funny thing about Ade's sluggish start is were were winning 1-0 against Sunderland, Poch brought on Kane for Ade and he scored an own goal. haha. Gutted for him.

Esp because at the time Joe Clash etc were getting me sin binned in the Harry Kane thread for suggesting Kane was a good player and not too slow like Joe etc were claiming.

Even though Ade did have a bad start to preseason with Malaria and even though he was not playing well: In retrospect he still would have been a better option long term than Soldado or Townsend who Poch went for.

Yes his form was terrible. But Kanes resurgence under Tim came when he was side by side with Ade. Eriksens best form was behind Ade.

He's not in the team now so it's all in the past, but Poch said Ade is OK, just not in his plans.

Last edited:
Indeed. What do the Ade fan club have to say about that?
One of;
A) It's not his fault, he wanted to play but Poch prevented him getting on the plane.
B) He is sick (mentally/physically/spiritually)
C) It is a media driven agenda, he is actually in Togo now.
D) It doesn't matter because he loves Tottenham, not money and lie-ins.

:pochfacepalm:

Where do you get the idea that is anything to do with charity?

That is just some prayer group worshiping the bad juju out of his fucked up head.

Christ. Go wash the cum from your Spurs duvet set and sheets.

Speaking of Joe clash. He said something similar about cum and Lamela.

Joe clash...What was that awsome song they put out? Should I stay or should I go now?

What was that attention seeking post you did asking should you leave the forum, waiting for a shower of people to ask you to stay/fishing for complements?

That thread was called "Should I stay or should I go right?"

Multi faceted posters on here...Creeping me out. I've not responded to Joe Clash's baits for months so I think it's time to do the same with you. You never actually talk about football and I'm not interested in your public emotional meltdowns. Joe Clash was all about the ju ju this and ju ju that too. That got old real quick and turned into thick headed mocking of other cultures.

Last edited:
He really should've been in the Europa squad as backup.

Yep. When Eriksen was getting the man of the match awards in top form, he was saying how much Ade helped him. He does offer a target and holds up the ball and draws defenders more than Lamela, Townsend, Lennon, Soldado etc etc.

Then again, Poch did a clear out of the emotional baggage like Lennon, Capoue, Holtby etc so I can see why he would want to distance the mavericks from his team.

He could still be off to the middle East? Would appeal to him, not very competitive and the chance to earn loads

He does need to leave. IMO he's like Keano and Hudd. If you play Keano sporadically he drinks and fucks around and looks terrible when he comes back. If you play them every sat, they get fit and sharp by default and actually play well. If a manager just played Ade constantly, they would get their moneys worth IMO.

Unless you have Lennon, Naughton, Paulinho, Townsend and Defoe alongside you then you don't stand a chance.

Even though Ade did have a bad start to preseason with Malaria...

It doesn't take four months to recover from Malaria, more like four weeks. Quote from late July:

"I came home to London two weeks ago and then found out I had malaria. I was ill for a week or so, but now I am back training and feeling good now. I knew it would take a few days and knock me down and take everything out of me. I also knew I would have to work hard to get my body back again. But I’m okay, fit and ready to play football again. That’s the main thing."

That was well before the start of the season, he had plenty of prep time and certainly by the time he was dropped (11 games in to the season) this was a long since expired excuse.

In retrospect he still would have been a better option long term than Soldado or Townsend who Poch went for.

Again, Poch didn't go for Soldado and Townsend, after playing Ade for 9 of the first 10 league games he went for Kane and stuck with him. If he'd stuck with Ade instead, like you would have preferred (even in hindsight), we would not have had that remarkable Kane season.

I'm going to stick my neck out and suggest that for Ade to have gotten anywhere near Kane's return would have been miraculous. For you to say we'd have done better with Ade than Kane is somewhat moronic.

It doesn't take four months to recover from Malaria, more like four weeks. Quote from late July:

"I came home to London two weeks ago and then found out I had malaria. I was ill for a week or so, but now I am back training and feeling good now. I knew it would take a few days and knock me down and take everything out of me. I also knew I would have to work hard to get my body back again. But I’m okay, fit and ready to play football again. That’s the main thing."

That was well before the start of the season, he had plenty of prep time and certainly by the time he was dropped (11 games in to the season) this was a long since expired excuse.

Again, Poch didn't go for Soldado and Townsend, after playing Ade for 9 of the first 10 league games he went for Kane and stuck with him. If he'd stuck with Ade instead, like you would have preferred (even in hindsight), we would not have had that remarkable Kane season.

I'm going to stick my neck out and suggest that for Ade to have gotten anywhere near Kane's return would have been miraculous. For you to say we'd have done better with Ade than Kane is somewhat moronic.

Malaria ruined two of our other players for way longer. Zokora and who was the other? Palacios?

What did Soldado score in the prem? 3 goals in open play during his entire Spurs career? How many goals did Townsend score in open prem play? 1 a season?

I think it's safe to say that claiming Ade would get a better goal return from those two players is not a moronic statement.

It's not just that. Ade has a better all round game suited for the prem. Everything from holding up play to defending corners etc. He is better suited for the prem.

He got 11 assists in one prem season for us when motivated. That is starting to look like Townsends entire career past and present on paper.

Poch and Lev failed getting the best out of him. So he needs to leave. You need to look at the teams playing behind Ade when he had is form issues. Townsend and Lennon, Holtby, Dembele as a DM, Paulinho, Capoue, Soldado...It's like a creative vacuum. Our manager is not blameless for Ade's form.

Back
Top Bottom