Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What did Soldado score in the prem? 3 goals in open play during his entire Spurs career? How many goals did Townsend score in open prem play? 1 a season?

I think it's safe to say that claiming Ade would get a better goal return from those two players is not a moronic statement.

Once again. Soldado's and Townsend's returns are irrelevant because Adebayor was not dropped for them, he was dropped for Kane. Your statement that Poch sticking with Ade could have given us 4th is moronic because that would have meant no Kane, not no Soldado. Ade would not have done better than Kane, more likely worse, therefore finishing 4th would have been further from our reach, not closer.

I mean, am I saying it wrong? It sounds pretty straightforward to me, do you need me to draw you a picture or something?

Once again. Soldado's and Townsend's returns are irrelevant because Adebayor was not dropped for them, he was dropped for Kane. Your statement that Poch sticking with Ade could have given us 4th is moronic because that would have meant no Kane, not no Soldado. Ade would not have done better than Kane, more likely worse, therefore finishing 4th would have been further from our reach, not closer.

I mean, am I saying it wrong? It sounds pretty straightforward to me, do you need me to draw you a picture or something?

Strange argument. Kane plays every game regardless who is fit. My point was Ade would have done better than Soldado and other attackers like Townsend last season. Nothing to do with Kane.

Even then if you want to use your arbitrary random rules: Kane was recently subbed for Lamela.

Do you think Ade would have done worse than Lamela did? Since you have turned it into Ade vs Kane? What do you want me to say? Kane is better than Ade? Yes he is.

My point is Ade is better than Soldado and Townsend in the prem who were used
Lamela played 33 prem games last season.
Soldado scored 1 goal in open play last season.
Townsend made 25 appearances

How can you claim I'm "moronic" for thinking Ade would do worse than them long term if he played a whole season?

You say why doesn't he knuckle down and train hard?

Brad stated he trains as hard as everyone else and is a good egg.
You conveniently cropped my sentence and omitted 'go out there and be professional, do the job you are told and to the best of your ability?'
He doesn't do that. If he did then there would be no problems would there.
He walks around disinterested in games and doesn't work hard enough. Something he has done in all the clubs he has played for. He occasionally shows signs of brilliance, but then looks as though he couldn't hit a barn door. Over rated and has been for ages. He cannot walk around and do nothing with his record of goals.
He reached his peak at Woolwich averaging 15 a season. Giroud has played 3 games less and scored just 4 goals less than Adebayor did at Woolwich. Giroud must be World class then.
Compare Adebayor to the other walk about do nothing Ibrahimovic and you can see why Zlatan is tolerated.
Or is it just because he only likes English Managers?

EDIT: remember that game away to Man U when Adebayor was running around like a maniac, closing down, tracking back giving 100% commitment ? Even my Gooner cousin txt me and as he was astounded at his work rate. That was when Tim re introduced him.
Why couldn't he keep that up? He obviously is capable. After all he trains as hard as everybody else. Would have been a big hit under this manager if he would have shown that willingness every game.
Yet he didn't. It even trailed off under Tim.

Last edited:
Or is it just because he only likes English Managers?

Poch said he has so issues with Ade. He's just not in his plans. AVB was an idiot IMO.

Anyway, I'm out. I don't think I am alone in wanting Ade to have played instead of Soldado. And I don't think I'm alone thinking Ade in his last season before getting a new contract is good backup for the cups etc.

He needs to go. Just so this thread dies.

We would not have made Europa if Sherwood did not bring him back after AVB.

He was also our striker in a season where we got our record points total in the prem.
I salute your loyalty Gibbsy, but wasn't it Kabul, Lennon and Ade that were rumored to have given Poch a hard time in the dressing room.?
Big spring clean with him not in the squad they are all gone good riddance!

I salute your loyalty Gibbsy, but wasn't it Kabul, Lennon and Ade that were rumored to have given Poch a hard time in the dressing room.?
Big spring clean with him not in the squad they are all gone good riddance!

Cheers. Brad was asked about that on talksport and he said that wasnt true about the bustup and Ade is a good egg and trains hard as the rest (for Spurs).

Exclusive - Adebayor is no bad egg! Tottenham star backed by teammate

I'll bow out with that one. haha

Strange argument. Kane plays every game regardless who is fit. My point was Ade would have done better than Soldado and other attackers like Townsend last season. Nothing to do with Kane.

Even then if you want to use your arbitrary random rules: Kane was recently subbed for Lamela.

Do you think Ade would have done worse than Lamela did? Since you have turned it into Ade vs Kane? What do you want me to say? Kane is better than Ade? Yes he is.

My point is Ade is better than Soldado and Townsend in the prem who were used
Lamela played 33 prem games last season.
Soldado scored 1 goal in open play last season.
Townsend made 25 appearances

How can you claim I'm "moronic" for thinking Ade would do worse than them long term if he played a whole season?

What on earth does Soldado have to do with it? Why do you keep bringing it back to him? Poch didn't play him, he played Adebayor for the first quarter of the season then Kane for the rest.

You keep saying that Poch should have played Adebayor instead of Soldado... but Soldado didn't play. Adebayor played quarter of the games, Kane the other three quarters.

In other words, he DID pick Adebayor over Soldado.

What on earth does Soldado have to do with it? Why do you keep bringing it back to him? Poch didn't play him, he played Adebayor for the first quarter of the season then Kane for the rest.

You keep saying that Poch should have played Adebayor instead of Soldado... but Soldado didn't play. Adebayor played quarter of the games, Kane the other three quarters.

In other words, he DID pick Adebayor over Soldado.
I have no part in this pissing contest, but he didn't pick Ade over Soldado last season. Ade featured a total of 10 times, with 8 of those in the league. Soldado appeared 40 times with 28 in the league.

Speaking of Joe clash. He said something similar about cum and Lamela.

Joe clash...What was that awsome song they put out? Should I stay or should I go now?

What was that attention seeking post you did asking should you leave the forum, waiting for a shower of people to ask you to stay/fishing for complements?

That thread was called "Should I stay or should I go right?"

Multi faceted posters on here...Creeping me out. I've not responded to Joe Clash's baits for months so I think it's time to do the same with you. You never actually talk about football and I'm not interested in your public emotional meltdowns. Joe Clash was all about the ju ju this and ju ju that too. That got old real quick and turned into thick headed mocking of other cultures.

Tbf thiat was possibly the first post I can remember replying to you directly.

No wonder your plums tightened in excitement.

I have no part in this pissing contest, but he didn't pick Ade over Soldado last season. Ade featured a total of 10 times, with 8 of those in the league. Soldado appeared 40 times with 28 in the league.

I'm 99% sure that Adebayor started 9 of the first 10 league games - where are you getting your stats from?

Also there's a significant difference between starting and "appearing". I'm talking about starts in the league (as that was the point - the assertion was that we could have finished 4th if Poch had stuck with Adebayor through the season)

I posted this earlier:

"I noticed this "Chillin with my G's" pic got a lot of hate:

10860056_600578970084678_31722400_n.jpg

The news papers grabbed onto this and did the usual baiting.

They don't post the charity work he did in the same spot:
11231206_1673856702843015_1500446131656524093_n.jpg

You also brought up the rumor about him consulting his pastor regarding the move. That is a Christian leader.

Ade converted to Islam.
Jesus led him to Islam because, like a Muslim, Jesus washed before praying, like a muslim didn't eat pork and like a muslim fasted etc..
No doubt he doesn't know that Jesus was a Jew with a radical new way of Judaism. Christianity was a derivative of Judaism and so was Islam. Mohammed the merchant was born 500 odd years after Jesus died so Jesus could not have been a Muslim. Mohammed was banished by his own & traded and lived with Jews. He Cherry picked Judaism and founded Islam. Judaism also took from Babylonian myth.
Jesus also warned there would be false prophets after him. Mohammed went one better claiming he is the final prophet. So why believe mohammed if you believe Jesus.
Adebayor has done a lot for charity and is obviously a religious bloke. Each to their own. He probably has PTSD and has got some dodgy family and hangers on. He is flawed as a professional footballer though,
A lot of African footballers donate to charity at home. You don't hear much about that in the UK press either:
Home, where charity begins for the rich African footballer - Goal.com
The UK press, for the most part, are despicable

I'm 99% sure that Adebayor started 9 of the first 10 league games - where are you getting your stats from?

Also there's a significant difference between starting and "appearing". I'm talking about starts in the league (as that was the point - the assertion was that we could have finished 4th if Poch had stuck with Adebayor through the season)
I pulled the #'s from Wikipedia because it's easy and generally accurate for those types of questions. I looked at the OS, and you were very close but Ade started 8 out of the first 10 league games and scored twice. Soldado started the other two.

For the next 10 games, Soldado started in 4 of them and Kane in 7 (one game they both started). Three of the first five of those were starts by Soldado.

The guys off the Guardian Podcast were all pissing themselves laughing at how much of a liberty Adebayor has taken with Spurs, and football in general. I can understand non-Spurs fans finding it funny. Have no idea why Spurs fans would support him though. I would suspect them of being gooners, but even gooners hate Adebayor. Worst player since Judas

I pulled the #'s from Wikipedia because it's easy and generally accurate for those types of questions. I looked at the OS, and you were very close but Ade started 8 out of the first 10 league games and scored twice. Soldado started the other two.

For the next 10 games, Soldado started in 4 of them and Kane in 7 (one game they both started). Three of the first five of those were starts by Soldado.

Which two did Ade not start then? Man City I'm sure was one as we started with just Soldado up top, which was the other? I'm also pretty sure that was the only game Soldado started alone, his other six starts were five with Kane and one with Ade

Here's some serious Bored At Work for you. All taken from the BBC match reports. Starts and (sub appearances).

1: West Ham: Adebayor (Kane)
2: QPR: Adebayor (Soldado)
3: Liverpool: Adebayor
4: Sunderland: Adebayor (Kane)
5: WBA: Adebayor (Soldado)
6: Woolwich: Adebayor
7: Southampton: Adebayor (Kane)
8: Man City: Soldado
9: Newcastle: Adebayor (Soldado, Kane)
10: Villa: Adebayor & Soldado (Kane)
11: Stoke: Kane (Adebayor)
12: Hull: Kane & Soldado
13: Everton: Kane & Soldado
14: Chelsea: Kane (Soldado)
15: Palace: Kane & Soldado
16: Swansea: Kane & Soldado
17: Burnley: Kane (Soldado)
18: Leicester: Kane (Soldado)
19: Man Utd: Kane
20: Chelsea: Kane
21: Palace: Kane (Soldado)
22: Sunderland: Kane & Soldado (Adebayor)
23: WBA: Kane (Soldado)
24: Woolwich: Kane
25: Liverpool: Kane (Soldado)
26: West Ham: Kane (Soldado)
27: Swansea: Kane (Soldado)
28: QPR: Kane
29: Man Utd: Kane (Adebayor)
30: Leicester: Kane
31: Burnley: Kane
32: Aston Villa: Kane (Soldado)
33: Newcastle: Kane
34: Southampton: Kane (Soldado)
35: Man City: Kane (Adebayor, Soldado)
36: Stoke: Kane (Soldado)
37: Hull: Kane (Soldado)
38: Everton: Kane (Soldado)

Kane: 28 (5)
Adebayor: 9 (4)
Soldado: 7 (17)

Which two did Ade not start then? Man City I'm sure was one as we started with just Soldado up top, which was the other? I'm also pretty sure that was the only game Soldado started alone, his other six starts were five with Kane and one with Ade
Ade didn't start against City and Villa in the first 10 games. He did start other games alone, at least for the league. After the Villa game, which was the 10th game of the season, there was only one league game where Soldado and Kane started together from what I saw. You can look it all up on the OS.

Again, I have no position in this, I just thought it was interesting to look back at.

Edit: Sorry, apparently I can't read. Well, more like I rushed through looking at it and didn't see Kane listed a few times as he was shown in the middle of the lineups, not where the strikers are generally listed at.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom