Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When the 'deadwood' tag sticks... it REALLY sticks!
Jenas, Bentley, and to a lesser extend THudd, are all following in Sherwood's/Redknapp's (the pretty one, not the saggy one) Doherty's/Freund's (sorry) and Chris Armstrong's footsteps!

Freund was not labeled Dead Wood by the many, but by the few.

Remember people, he wasn't always our loveable, eccentric, comedy assistant manager who turned up in the away end at OT!

There was once a time where he couldn't score for shit (and indeed never did score for shit... unless you count a pre-season friendly agains Stevenage!)

and all the 'Cult status' nonsense doesn't wash with me either... after all, CULT is only an 'N' away from being summit else entirely!!

I don't think you can put Ade and Dempsey in the same boat. The former's clearly a more talented footballer but what infuriates Spurs fans is his inconsistency, both in form and apparent attitude. Dempsey doesn't inspire as a technical footballer, by any stretch of the imagination, but he works hard and gets himself into positions that gives him a chance to score and make a difference. Personally, I don't have any issue with either player remaining with us but wouldn't shed a tear if we brought in more capable replacements.

I don't think you can put Ade and Dempsey in the same boat. The former's clearly a more talented footballer but what infuriates Spurs fans is his inconsistency, both in form and apparent attitude. Dempsey doesn't inspire as a technical footballer, by any stretch of the imagination, but he works hard and gets himself into positions that gives him a chance to score and make a difference. Personally, I don't have any issue with either player remaining with us but wouldn't shed a tear if we brought in more capable replacements.

err. Dempsey's already gone dude

Steffen Freund was laughably bad at football, but worked hard.

The reason he was a hero to a lot of fans is because they genuinely believed that they had as much footballing talent as him.

Hence the phrase "Cult hero" and not just plain "Hero"

Steffen Freund was laughably bad at football, but worked hard.

The reason he was a hero to a lot of fans is because they genuinely believed that they had as much footballing talent as him.

Hence the phrase "Cult hero" and not just plain "Hero"

and Steffan Freund won 21 caps for Germany and the Euros with them in '96

not bad for a shit footballer lol :freundgoal:

Ade has never been and never will be average. His Talent is way, way above average. Most of 11/12 performances were way, way above average. Most of his performances in this past year were way, way below average. With Soldado, Paulinho, Holtby for a full season plus such a good group of returning players it will spark him to play better. I think it is very likely that he has a season like 11/12 than 12/13. With a squad that can compete for the title, in my opinion, and not being fourth choice, this will urge him to do better. I'm very excited about this coming season with Ade in the squad.

is he still on the compassionate leave for his brothers funeral?

I reckon he'll be off closer to deadline day personally, the Besiktas chairman said he'll be back in for him

guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks

and Steffan Freund won 21 caps for Germany and the Euros with them in '96

not bad for a shit footballer lol :freundgoal:
Well Said. I think some people around here have short memories. The spurs team he was part of was for the most part totally hopeless. His job was firefighting. Ok, he was past his best when he joined us but he was one of the few stand out players in that team. The others being: David Ginola, Les Ferdinand pre-injury, Darren Anderton when not injured, Judas, Stephen Carr. Every other player was relegation-fodder.

Back
Top Bottom