Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looking forward to him getting back playing, brilliant on his day and definitely adds to the squad.

tumblr_mrenzj6ugn1rw6cjbo1_500.gif

Ade's going to Fenebache if they get past arse in the cL apparently. Failing that maybe we can sell him back to arse on deadline day.

So what for Ade? Doesn't look like he's off, I think he can be a real asset on his day. Naive maybe, just remember his season when he smashed it

I think he will be needed. I can see Soldado and Defoe having plenty of games where they really struggle to get into the match.

Ade offers something completely different than Defoe or soldado. I really want to keep Ade and think he could be absolutely fantastic for us. Soldado, Ade, and a young striker who is okay being third choice is my ideal situation. I think we are only losing value on Defoe the longer we keep him.

I want to keep Ade too, I think a lot of the time he was asked to do a job for the team last season and AVB actually said he was asked to 'do something different' to what he usually does - makes me think it was a reason behind his struggles.
I think he gets too much stick too - if he has a poor game its because he's lazy, a cunt, shit blah blah blah, but if someone like Defoe has a poor game (or when Pav was around) people defended them. Its like Ade isnt allowed to do anything wrong because people have a chip on their shoulder about him.

Ade offers something completely different than Defoe or soldado. I really want to keep Ade and think he could be absolutely fantastic for us. Soldado, Ade, and a young striker who is okay being third choice is my ideal situation. I think we are only losing value on Defoe the longer we keep him.

A while back I thought we'd get a new striker in and end up selling one of the current two. At that time I thought keep Defoe, sell Ade. Defoe's the one I'd bring off the bench to bag a goal in a game we just can't get through. Also couldn't see Adebayor's motivation whereas Defoe is just born hungry for scoring.

Now we've brought in Soldado though I'd be gutted to see Adebayor leave because he's the only striker we've got who does completely different things.

I still don't want Defoe to leave though. I'd happily keep the three of them now.

A while back I thought we'd get a new striker in and end up selling one of the current two. At that time I thought keep Defoe, sell Ade. Defoe's the one I'd bring off the bench to bag a goal in a game we just can't get through. Also couldn't see Adebayor's motivation whereas Defoe is just born hungry for scoring.

Now we've brought in Soldado though I'd be gutted to see Adebayor leave because he's the only striker we've got who does completely different things.

I still don't want Defoe to leave though. I'd happily keep the three of them now.

There is no doubt, imo, that Defoe is a much better pure goal scorer. There is no doubt, imo, that Ade offers a fuck load more to the team than Defoe. Saying Ade isn't hungry for a goal is totally nonsense. The man runs his ass off everygame, one thing he gets slates for is being lazy, but those same people slate him for putting extra effort in to get out wide along with playing in the middle. Ade isn't the out and out striker that Defoe is. Ade had insanely bad luck, along with many injuries and breaks. I think Ade will start slowly because of a lack of preseason but by midseason he will be at top gear and will prove his worth

Back
Top Bottom