Adebayor

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good thing Ade scored a minute later as he was furious at Dembele for not passing. Had it not been like that, it could have affected the harmony between the two.

Well I hope that each of them have seen the tape by this point and seen that Dembele had more than ample opportunity to put that one away. If he had no angle, Ade was well within his right to be angry. As it is, Dembele did no wrong.

Well I hope that each of them have seen the tape by this point and seen that Dembele had more than ample opportunity to put that one away. If he had no angle, Ade was well within his right to be angry. As it is, Dembele did no wrong.
Indeed. I am inclined to think that reaction was in the heat of the moment and nothing more. On the other hand, it's great to see Ade hungry for goals.

Indeed. I am inclined to think that reaction was in the heat of the moment and nothing more. On the other hand, it's great to see Ade hungry for goals.

Absolutely. Would much rather see him screaming at a player that didn't pass on an easy scoring chance vs him laughing after a defender takes the ball from him after he falls over from a lackadaisical touch.

Cardinal sin in my opinion. If you're going to get greedy in a 2 on 1 on the keeper, you'd better at least hit the target. The percentage game says you are going to score more by passing in that situation, especially when the pass is to a goal scorer.

Yes Ade went a bit nuts at Dembele but if you watch you can see him shout "MOUUUSSAAAA!!! " then when Ade did score his 2nd, Dembele went up to him and shared a joke as if to say "atleast you scored now"....it's all good :)

Cardinal sin in my opinion. If you're going to get greedy in a 2 on 1 on the keeper, you'd better at least hit the target. The percentage game says you are going to score more by passing in that situation, especially when the pass is to a goal scorer.

I agree, but we wouldn't even be discussing this if Dembele executed a basic skill. He had the angle and with his left foot no less. In a situation where we absolutely needed the goal I'd like to hope he'd have made the correct decision to pass, but all things considered it's more alarming to me that he missed that opportunity than the fact he chose to take it on himself.

If I were the coach I'd be having words explaining the 'team game' aspect really - that would have been a simple goal had he passed (you saw him glance a second or so before and acknowledge Ade).

Just my POV, but could have killed the game off then (maybe Ade would have got a hat trick, who knows?)

If I were the coach I'd be having words explaining the 'team game' aspect really - that would have been a simple goal had he passed (you saw him glance a second or so before and acknowledge Ade).

Just my POV, but could have killed the game off then (maybe Ade would have got a hat trick, who knows?)

Yes, you can understand forwards being selfish as they are judged purely on goals (rightly or wrongly) but a midfielder should be looking for the killer pass. Dembele's reputation would have been enhanced if he'd just knocked it sideways.

Yes, you can understand forwards being selfish as they are judged purely on goals (rightly or wrongly) but a midfielder should be looking for the killer pass. Dembele's reputation would have been enhanced if he'd just knocked it sideways.

Have to agree a little bit. Dembele's weakest point as a midfielder is his lack of vision, but then... had he had great vision like Eriksen, he'd be one of the absolute best. His other skills are fantastic to watch.

Oh god where is he going? I guess the players have a few days off with our next game over a week away, let's hope he comes back in a timely fashion!
WeL6iBf.png

Adebayor to me is like that best friend who shagged your wife in your own bed. I simply do not trust him to not do something stupid before this season is over. I will honestly happily eat my humble pie if he has trully turned a corner here and being serious about the job.

I agree, but we wouldn't even be discussing this if Dembele executed a basic skill. He had the angle and with his left foot no less. In a situation where we absolutely needed the goal I'd like to hope he'd have made the correct decision to pass, but all things considered it's more alarming to me that he missed that opportunity than the fact he chose to take it on himself.

Ah, but THAT would've created the very real scenario of Ade actually still being pissed off at him for not passing (and then NOT joining in with the goal celebration, we've seen it before!) ...which would no doubt have caused all sorts of speculation and meltdowns on here at how Ade just ISN'T a team player...
...as it was, at least Moussa was man enough to go up to Ade and congratulate him on his goal (with that weird hand-on-face gesture that David Walliams used to do in little Britain!!) ...which I'm sure Ade appreciated.
Personally, I reckon Moussa did it on purpose to get Ade riled enough to prove himself right a minute later!! ('cos Moussa's a thinker!)
It's all good... nothing to see here now, move along!

Adebayor to me is like that best friend who shagged your wife in your own bed. I simply do not trust him to not do something stupid before this season is over. I will honestly happily eat my humble pie if he has trully turned a corner here and being serious about the job.
I agree, he has to throw out his hooker pipe as well!!

lol Ade saying he would have to fight Moose , i think he would be in for a surprise. I know some people that used to play against moose when he was 15/16 , they all said that he is a beast. His upper body strenght and control is phenomenal, he just is a doubter when lots of pression is put on him. His biggest weakness is a lack of self belief

Love this clip..

The fact they appear to have just stopped in the middle of the road to throw down some moves - you'll need to click through and then play to witness the full wonder.

Can't see this enough...
adebayor_action-454811.jpg

...guy is definitely enjoying his football and long may it continue. Couldn't care less where he came from or where he goes, all the time he wears the shirt and gives it the beans he's ok in my book.

Couldn't care less where he came from or where he goes

Lol think you've just inspired an Ade song in my head now...
(cotton eye joe tune)

"If it hadn't been for Adebayo, Tim'd get sacked a long time 'go...
Where did you come from? Where did you go?
Where did you come from Adebayo"

Back
Top Bottom