Alejo Veliz

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was thinking Edin Dzeko. Or a more rough around the edges Luis Suarez.

Neither are bad players to base your game off of.
Can see the Suarez comparisons for sure due to their scrappy and competetive nature. I see Mitrovic in terms of his Heading and strength.

But yeah not bad players to base your game off, if he doesn't go on loan hopefully him and other young players get enough game time unlike years gone by.

Alejo Veliz:

•Most goals scored by a teenager in all South America.
•Most head goals scored by a teenager in all South America.
•Highest % of shots on target in South America.

He's an incredibly powerful finisher, his ball striking abilities are so good, and his heading ability is something else.

He reminds me of a Cavani type of striker, absolutely ruthless in front of goal.

He's not the quickest but his decision making and his runs in behind make makes him a very effective player.

He's not someone that will get involved too much in the buildup, he wants to be in the final third.

He's an animal in the box, his aggressiveness and the way he can attack the ball reminds me of Suarez.

Everything makes me believe he's gonna become the next Argentina's striker.

Extremely exciting player 🇦🇷

Great dancer, ladies will love him!

animal-my-animal-muppet.gif

If Kane is staying surely he’s going on loan right? Another thing is there any chance he could be used on the wing? I know he is a physical striker who’s great in the air, but a lot of his highlights had him beating players one on one down the wing. One of the highlight videos stated he could play either wing (not that I’m going to take that as gospel).

There are footballing reasons to keep Veliz at Spurs at least until Xmas, to enable Ange & our coaches to school him in their expectations for the CF role.

There are also personal / professional reasons. He's a young lad coming to a new continent. I'm sure he watched Romero & GLC play for Argentina & dreamt of playing alongside them. Six months with teammates helping him adjust to life in England could be invaluable.

What we have to avoid is the Foyth situation where he spent too long training with the first team & was then thrust into the first team without having played any competitive football in England.

So six months to get used to England and, if he's not getting regular time off the bench, get a good loan for the second half of the season. Veliz is a physical CF, outstanding in the air, so there should be takers.

There are footballing reasons to keep Veliz at Spurs at least until Xmas, to enable Ange & our coaches to school him in their expectations for the CF role.

There are also personal / professional reasons. He's a young lad coming to a new continent. I'm sure he watched Romero & GLC play for Argentina & dreamt of playing alongside them. Six months with teammates helping him adjust to life in England could be invaluable.

What we have to avoid is the Foyth situation where he spent too long training with the first team & was then thrust into the first team without having played any competitive football in England.

So six months to get used to England and, if he's not getting regular time off the bench, get a good loan for the second half of the season. Veliz is a physical CF, outstanding in the air, so there should be takers.

Solid plan.

The initial reports of him going back to Rosario until January is certainly a non-starter. The Argentinian league just ended and doesn't start up again until 2024 (as does the South American continental cups). They only have a less prestigious version of league turning to knockout before January.

Back
Top Bottom