Alfie Devine

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Alfie Devine training with the first team today - now a fixture in first team training as he's now our 4th choice CM.

Still only 18 but one of the best in his England year group - currently E u19's.

Doesn't help with guys like Mundle sticking around when you see cloggers from the "leadership" group like Hoj playing every minute and a talented kid like this can't get 15mins here and there.

sarr can't even get a start because we are sticking by players that have started every game en route to the conference league (if we are lucky).

I've got a feeling we're gonna see him (and maybe a few other squad players) in some capacity tomorrow....

"Alfie Devine is all mine all mine...
Alfie Devine is all mine, c'mon!"

I've got a feeling the kid would've been better off staying at Wigan...
This being the Wigan that will be plying their trade in League One next season after scraping the bottom of the barrel...

Wouldn't mind him on a loan move to a competitive Champo side. Boro under Carrick would be a great place to earn his stripes and learn from a former PL pro.

This being the Wigan that will be plying their trade in League One next season after scraping the bottom of the barrel...

Wouldn't mind him on a loan move to a competitive Champo side. Boro under Carrick would be a great place to earn his stripes and learn from a former PL pro.
Oh yeah, I was definitely suggesting that Wigan as a club are bigger and better than Spurs...

:mourthumb:

Tottenham under Carrick would be better!

Herclueless - 100%.

Devine probably looking at Cirkin and Clarke, who went to League One Sunderland, and wondering whether staying/coming to our academy was the right move (unless he’s getting paid ridiculous wages and he’s happy with that). There’s also Mudueke. Maybe he would have been better off staying at Wigan given the much better chance at first team playing time.

I’m sure our facilities make things very comfortable (and it doesn’t work out for everyone i.e. Markanday) but if you have ambition as a top youngster, you have to push for first team football - even if it’s in the lower leagues.

Unlike Blue Scum, we also don’t seem to be very good at lining up loans. This is something we need to sort out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom