Alfie Devine

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just realised he may be named after the Jude Law remake in 2004!

I took a Brazilian bird from work to that film never got anywhere, probably because we went to watch Million Dollar Baby next time, poor girl was crying, terrific!!!

Great goal today

Haha, I also took a young lady on a date to see Alfie in 2004.

If memory serves I didn’t do any better than you did!

Behave...... does she play for Spurs?
A few Spurs fans seem to be playing with her image in their heads and groins, as a dad of girls I just think how upset I'll be if mine dress so provocatively as young women, bit much IMO. No doubt a lovely young woman.

Alfie though, he's just a specimen, at 16 he could grow significantly yet, he doesn't have that 'full man' look Rooney had (shaving at 12 types).

Him n Scarlett are a lovely couple of wonderkids (hopefully).

A few Spurs fans seem to be playing with her image in their heads and groins, as a dad of girls I just think how upset I'll be if mine dress so provocatively as young women, bit much IMO. No doubt a lovely young woman.

Alfie though, he's just a specimen, at 16 he could grow significantly yet, he doesn't have that 'full man' look Rooney had (shaving at 12 types).

Reminds me of Zaniolo who we were linked with for a while. A fairly skillful player but pretty damn tall.

These two and Donley especially.

Jose has confirmed that Devine has now been moved up to the first team squad full time for training. He'll still play games with the U18/U23 sides but all his training is being done with the first team.

Jose seems to be really high on this kid and Scarlett.

Why did he not put Devine in the EL squad?
It was a free spot.
Jose's quote about Devine and Scarlett was a bit ambiguous to me:

"In spite of working with us, he and Dane Scarlett now they work with us every day, now they go back to the academy to play, in this case Devine will not be involved because Serge will occupy his place in the squad."

Why did he not put Devine in the EL squad?
It was a free spot.
Jose's quote about Devine and Scarlett was a bit ambiguous to me:

"In spite of working with us, he and Dane Scarlett now they work with us every day, now they go back to the academy to play, in this case Devine will not be involved because Serge will occupy his place in the squad."

I had expected Devine could be included but on closer examination of the definitions, I realise he doesn't fit within the definition of either List B/u21 or the 'Association Trained Player' !

Definitions below - for the association trained the time served starts when he is 15 (so as he is 16 he can never get the years in as he is only 16. The list B has no age starting limit for 16 year olds in the last sentence of the definition allowing Scarlett to play (if registered as a List B) but not Devine

List B (u21's)
A player may be registered on List B if he is born on or after 1 January 1999 and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted period of two years since his 15th birthday by the time he is registered with UEFA. Players aged 16 may be registered on List B if they have been registered with the participating club for the previous two years without interruption.

Association Trained Player

An "association-trained player" is a player who, between the age of 15 (or the start of the season during which the player turns 15) and 21 (or the end of the season during which the player turns 21), and irrespective of his nationality and age, has been registered with a club or with other clubs affiliated to the same association as that of his current club for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons (i.e. a period starting with the first official match of the relevant national championship and ending with the last official match of that relevant national championship) or of 36 months. In the context of this paragraph, the season immediately preceding a player’s 15th birthday may be counted if his birthday is after the last match of the relevant national championship but before or on 30 June (winter championships) or 31 December (summer championships), and the season immediately following his 21st birthday may be counted if his birthday is on or after 1 July (winter championships) or 1 January (summer championships) but before the first match of the relevant national championship.

Article 42 Player lists • Regulations of the UEFA Europa League • Reader • UEFA Documents

Back
Top Bottom