Amazingly yes, it can be worse

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not sure what all the angst is about - to be perfectly honest.

What we have been doing is watching a mismanaged and haphazardly constructed collection of footballers, coalesce into something resembling a good standard premiership football team.

- under the leadership of (yet another) manager, who has taken over from an (uneducated and completely) inexperienced premiership manager, employed as a temporary stand-in until the incumbent arrived.

The naivete's predecessor (the Golden child) took over from, arguably, the closest manager we have had to (adhering to) the ethos of Bill Nick, who was sacked for being too big for his boots, by having the entire British press corps declare him the best "next" England manager.

The Golden child managed to transform one of the most exciting and entertaining football teams in Britain - into a form of sporting narcolepsy - instantly transforming the resurrected "spirit of 61" into a footballing variation of "The Walking Dead."

The incumbent has somehow managed to take the aforementioned rag-tag army to the vinegar strokes of nirvana (CL qualification) and has now had the effrontery to not consummate the promise, despite (in footballing terms -) being hung like a hamster.

So now – to take a medical view of things - we have the dispiriting and, to be perfectly honest, fucking embarrassing shit storm of an autopsy - where multiple personalities with no relevant medical qualifications, attempt to deduce the reason for death, without ever considering that the child hasn't actually died yet.

The self-appointed coroner had been predicting death for a while, and whilst protesting that he wasn't blaming the incumbent child minder, has now come out and declared "him" as the murderer, without seeking to concern himself with the lack of a (totally) dead body.

Several other self-qualified practitioners have decided to work their way through a variety of previous suspects, and we now have a major medical dilemma.

A massive argument over the diagnosis of death, of a still live body, by unqualified physicians, who have not only attempted to declare the reason for death - but also the culprit...............the Coroner taking the simplest, easiest and least intelligent path of resistance - by declaring the current baby sitter as the murderer of the still live corpse of baby “Spurs.”

It seems such a shame to ignore the fact that the child was sick when he was given the job, and yet despite the limitations, got the child to sing and dance before it fell back into the semi comatose state it was in before he was employed.

Nobody has missed that the child is ill, and doesn't sing as well, or dance as divinely, but we all seem to be missing that we all want the child to get better, stronger and go on to better things, and that fundamentally we all have the same set of desires for the childs future.

And that we should recognise the skill that the current baby sitter has ably demonstrated, with nothing but a sickly child to work with.

Personally, I'd like to reserve judgement on his terms of employment, until he has shown what he can teach a fit and healthy child to do.

Have you been drinking Mick? :pochwtf:

sammyspurs sammyspurs has absolutely no pro-Sherwood agenda. He very rarely mentions him

The abuse is ott, but lets not get that confused with critique.

And the hand he's been given was the same one Sherwood was given but I didnt see any sympathy last year.
Since Poch came we signed Davies, Fazio, Stambouli, Vorm, Dier and Yedlin.

He plays only plays Dier...who's fault is that?

Personally sick to death of this line...I didnt hear anyone defending Sherwood with this crap when he dropped Holtby, Sandro and Capoue....

If we dont know what goes on in training, and they are not injured, then the only thing to assume is that the manager prefers other players instead of implying they lack fitness or have an attitude problem based on absolutely nothing.
Funny how qualified everyone was to tell Tim Sherwood he was was shit, and that Redknapp failed us by not getting 3rd though isnt it
Tim Sherwood beat them up there

I was glad when Tim said it and Im glad Poch is saying it.

Not sure why people want our managers to cuddle the players in public. Id be embarrassed if he defended that shitfest, so good on him.

People seem to want to be lied to for some bizarre reason and hear how tired and unlucky we were

We also talk about a lack of leadership in the team.

I wonder what people would have said if Tim named a captain, and a third captain, then within a month dropped both from the matchday squad for the next 5 months.

What kind of influence can they possibly be having, and why havent their captaincies been revoked and passsed on to someone else.

Personally, Id prefer to see Jan, Bentaleb and Lloris as the three captains. At least they are on the pitch, and they should have some responsibilities to help them mature and grow (lloris obviously doesnt need that. hes just a pillar already).

Its actually inexplicable

It annoys me that some managers get slated for talking shit, but some are lauded for it

So....anyone want to break down the performance?

Whats the excuse today? A caretaker just tactically outwitted us at home.
:walker:

I'm pretty furious right now, that was an embarrassment. We've played 2 of the worst teams in the league and have barely created a chance. Dembélé needs to start, mason out. Chadli out, Lamela in, chriches out, yedlin in. Fuck we're playing like we did under AVB. Shit at the back, shit up top.

Who's your daddy, Mauricio?

Tottenham-Hotspur-v-Aston-Villa-Premier-League.jpg

Can someone sum up the match for me, i fell asleep 10 minutes in. Who were the tops/flops
It was 85 minutes of Sherwood close-ups, and the rest just a montage of Spurs players giving the ball away. But at least Dembele didn't play, so we weren't being defensive and boring, so that's good...

After a period of quiet reflection, and after reading some of the posts today, I have decided that yes, I will be definitely be supporting Tottenham next season.

Last edited:
I must admit that the amount of Spurs fans who don't understand the requirements for European competition is odd. A cynic might question their level of their commitment, but I am not a cynic - far from it. Of course this is a purely subjective viewpoint, and does not infringe on anyone's right to consult google. Anglo-Italian anyone?

I'm not sure what all the angst is about - to be perfectly honest.

What we have been doing is watching a mismanaged and haphazardly constructed collection of footballers, coalesce into something resembling a good standard premiership football team.

What the amazing Dr Fuckballs are you watching? I've seen a couple of great performances in massive games (with Kane being the big difference), about two or three matches where we've really outplayed middling opposition and otherwise the season has been a mess.

I don't care if a manager starts off badly, but I do care if they aren't making progress. Even if they aren't all 'your players' (and no manager has that luxury apart from Wenger) a good manager works with what he has and either makes them his players or adapts.

Oh, and the dead baby argument is comical.

Back
Top Bottom