Amazon fly-on-the-wall documentary about Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did you not watch the Man City one?

Let me share a piece from a review of it:

“Amazingly, City claim they didn’t have editorial control over the final cut. A seal of authenticity for the show, if ever there was.” Yet it then goes on to point out that “potentially slanderous scenes, or footage containing commercially sensitive information, was censored.”

How a de facto veto over any footage that might seem insulting or unflattering or damaging doesn’t amount to editorial control is left unexplored.

This, then, is not journalism. And, as such, it’s not really a documentary. It’s marketing material. A very elaborate exercise in old-fashioned PR.

It’s a sanitized version of the truth, polished to a shine. “All or Nothing” may add significantly to our understanding of City during this transcendent Guardiola era, but it’s also a carefully curated version of events.

“All or Nothing” is compelling television, but it isn’t entirely real.

And as such, it speaks to the erosion of authenticity in soccer. As an industry, it is now almost entirely controlled by its major clubs. While the traditional media has ever less opportunity for meaningful time and interaction with players and managers, especially at City’s rarefied atmosphere, the clubs have begun to seize the content game. And, as such, the narrative."

Make no mistake, ENIC and Levy will have editorial control over it and whilst we might get snippets herw and there of what's going on, I guarantee the majority of the documentary will be about the "world class stadium and infrastructure" and how "ambitious" ENIC are.

It’s already been confirmed that ENIC have editorial control. I’d imagine that there will be a bit about Pochettino going and Mourinho coming in, and the rest will be about showcasing the stadium, the training ground, and the new hotel for players.

It’s already been confirmed that ENIC have editorial control. I’d imagine that there will be a bit about Pochettino going and Mourinho coming in, and the rest will be about showcasing the stadium, the training ground, and the new hotel for players.

Exactly, people thinking Levy and ENIC would just let Amazon come in and show them up for what they really are must be living on a different planet.

It's gonna be a puff PR piece with a bit of controlled drama thrown in to get people talking.

Genuinely one of my favourite spurs games. Is that bad?

Yes - why would us completely losing our heads and blowing a 2 nil lead be anyone’s favourites game.

The reaction of our supporter base was just as embarrassing. Battle of the bridge - Jesus wept.

Jose summed it up in that leaked video yesterday - we definitely fell into the ‘stupid’ category.

I remember many telling me how great this was and that this was a new side of Spurs - how’s that working out? How many trophies did we go onto to win.

Genuinely pathetic reaction all around

Yes - why would us completely losing our heads and blowing a 2 nil lead be anyone’s favourites game.

The reaction of our supporter base was just as embarrassing. Battle of the bridge - Jesus wept.

Jose summed it up in that leaked video yesterday - we definitely fell into the ‘stupid’ category.

I remember many telling me how great this was and that this was a new side of Spurs - how’s that working out? How many trophies did we go onto to win.

Genuinely pathetic reaction all around
At the time I was annoyed with the result of the game and the way we lost it, although I took secret satisfaction in watching us batter a hateful team. However now looking back at the game out of context, and just as a spectacle, I find it enjoyable to watch.

At the time I was annoyed with the result of the game and the way we lost it, although I took secret satisfaction in watching us batter a hateful team. However now looking back at the game out of context, and just as a spectacle, I find it enjoyable to watch.

Which team won the title the following season and which finished 2nd?

I take zero satisfaction from watching us getting played. It’s just another sign of the mental weakness of that team.

No club would ever agree to let an outsider portray the club as it sees fit.
Agreed, the media people are now some of the most important people in the boardroom, life is now all about perception management.
Such a shame as media people are generally cunts and it makes documentaries fucking boring.

Th Sunderland owners surely would have not let themselves be portrayed as they were if they had editing rights.
I think Sunderland are probably not as sophisticated in terms of media management, plus they were desperate for the dosh. It will be interesting to see with Spurs, I just think Levy is far too cynical and suspicious a person to agree to the documentary without the final say on editing. There is also the fact Amazon may want to form a longer association with Tottenham such as the naming rights for the stadium.
The leaks are probably going to suggest it is more comical than it really is, just to build up interest. I think it will be less a fly on the wall and more a puff piece for ENIC's brilliant corporate vision to rescue a sleeping giant and return it to the global stage. I couldn't watch the Man City one after the first episode as it was so boring and had obviously been heavily edited for a corporate agenda. The best one is on the New Zealand All Blacks IMO.

My concern is media people are known to go for the jugular, and Amazon are ultimately interested in promoting Amazon Prime - if the documentary ends up as a cultural phenomena, then the media execs I fear will be thinking along the lines of a hatchet job. You have to wonder about the leak, for instance, whether that was coordinated to build up interest.
Do you think?
there's no way that was leaked without Amazon's knowledge, 'cos if it was, then the editor giggling over the footage she's filming on her phone would be immediately dismissed!

You're not allowed to take you phone on SET on some of the stuff I've worked on, let alone sit there filming the footage as you edit it!

It's totally set up, from start to finish... any leaked footage will be pre planned, and timed for maximum effect!

Back
Top Bottom