Amazon fly-on-the-wall documentary about Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I assume this was taken right at the beginning of his reign.

We have continued to be silly cunts.

We are starting to look more like intelligent cunts in recent weeks to be fair. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Jose really give them a Rocket after that Sheffield United game, the niggly fouls, artful side is slowly seeping through which, is expected to take time as it’s a change in their nature.

Some can clearly do it better than others (Davies, Lo Celso etc)

We are starting to look more like intelligent cunts in recent weeks to be fair. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Jose really give them a Rocket after that Sheffield United game, the niggly fouls, artful side is slowly seeping through which, is expected to take time as it’s a change in their nature.

Some can clearly do it better than others (Davies, Lo Celso etc)

But we were doing all that under Pochettino.

It sort of stopped the more the players stopped playing for him. And if anything, I've only seen it from us again recently so the advice he gave clearly didn't work for 5 months.

But we were doing all that under Pochettino.

It sort of stopped the more the players stopped playing for him. And if anything, I've only seen it from us again recently so the advice he gave clearly didn't work for 5 months.

I don’t disagree with that, we were very silly and at 6s and 7s towards the latter time of Poch. It became a little flabby and clearly his words were either not getting through or that side of his management that once existed had become lost. Either way we needed to add it back into our makeup and that wasn’t happening in the final days of Mauricio.

We were far too nice off the ball and fucked about on the ball too much because of Poch's philosophy IMO, I always wanted us to be more competitive/ruthless during 90 mins and be more direct at the right times (even posted about it).

Jose is the man to change us from also rans to competitors IMHO.

Everything you feared? You were the cry baby who doesn't like Jose because he poked someone in the eye in a game that had nothing to do with Spurs. Big deal.

zero chance of that. All Or Nothing is a series, not a one off commissioned by Levy.

That kind of shit didn’t happen in the other 9 that Amazon have made, so why would Levy get special treatment? Amazon don’t pay millions to make propaganda for owners of sports teams
In fairness it was a claim based on hearsay. It's the kind of thing Levy would normally try to insist on, as a hatchet job documentary could ruin years of careful global branding. I guess we will see once it is released - if you are right, and Amazon have complete editorial control over the finished documentary, then I have a feeling this is going to be marketed by Amazon as a comedy.

In fairness it was a claim based on hearsay. It's the kind of thing Levy would normally try to insist on, as a hatchet job documentary could ruin years of careful global branding. I guess we will see once it is released - if you are right, and Amazon have complete editorial control over the finished documentary, then I have a feeling this is going to be marketed by Amazon as a comedy.
I mean they are obviously not going to portray a club in a comedic manner, because then no other club would ever participate. It is in their interest to give the viewer a good impression of the club.

I mean they are obviously not going to portray a club in a comedic manner, because then no other club would ever participate. It is in their interest to give the viewer a good impression of the club.
I hope you are right. My concern is media people are known to go for the jugular, and Amazon are ultimately interested in promoting Amazon Prime - if the documentary ends up as a cultural phenomena, like An Impossible Job ("Do I not like that"), then the media execs I fear will be thinking along the lines of a hatchet job. You have to wonder about the leak, for instance, whether that was coordinated to build up interest.

Imagine being a player in that dressing room, going from listening to a bloke talking about lemons and the energy in the universe to then someone telling you to stop being so nice and to not be a bunch of stupid cunts

LMAO, no wonder Eriksen looked the way he did, he's one of the bed wetters Jose was talking about.

Neutrals think we must have been upset as fans because the title went that night.

But really, we know it was gone the game before when we fucked up against West Brom. I fucking loved watching us hate Chelsea that much.

Yeah the title was gone, and we basically acted out everything I would personally want to inflict on their players.

It was cathartic.

Imagine being a player in that dressing room, going from listening to a bloke talking about lemons and the energy in the universe to then someone telling you to stop being so nice and to not be a bunch of stupid cunts

LMAO, no wonder Eriksen looked the way he did, he's one of the bed wetters Jose was talking about.
Eriksen didn't feel Jose was being fair because he was being a cunt on the pitch.

zero chance of that. All Or Nothing is a series, not a one off commissioned by Levy.

That kind of shit didn’t happen in the other 9 that Amazon have made, so why would Levy get special treatment? Amazon don’t pay millions to make propaganda for owners of sports teams

Did you not watch the Man City one?

Let me share a piece from a review of it:

“Amazingly, City claim they didn’t have editorial control over the final cut. A seal of authenticity for the show, if ever there was.” Yet it then goes on to point out that “potentially slanderous scenes, or footage containing commercially sensitive information, was censored.”

How a de facto veto over any footage that might seem insulting or unflattering or damaging doesn’t amount to editorial control is left unexplored.

This, then, is not journalism. And, as such, it’s not really a documentary. It’s marketing material. A very elaborate exercise in old-fashioned PR.

It’s a sanitized version of the truth, polished to a shine. “All or Nothing” may add significantly to our understanding of City during this transcendent Guardiola era, but it’s also a carefully curated version of events.

“All or Nothing” is compelling television, but it isn’t entirely real.

And as such, it speaks to the erosion of authenticity in soccer. As an industry, it is now almost entirely controlled by its major clubs. While the traditional media has ever less opportunity for meaningful time and interaction with players and managers, especially at City’s rarefied atmosphere, the clubs have begun to seize the content game. And, as such, the narrative."

Make no mistake, ENIC and Levy will have editorial control over it and whilst we might get snippets here and there of what's going on, I guarantee the majority of the documentary will be about the "world class stadium and infrastructure" and how "ambitious" ENIC are.

Last edited:
This mentality can mark the difference between being great or being very good. This mentality will make it more likely that you will win a CL final against a more talented club. Etc. It’s that extra 2% that can make a big difference at the highest levels of football.

Did you not watch the Man City one?

Let me share a piece from a review of it:

“Amazingly, City claim they didn’t have editorial control over the final cut. A seal of authenticity for the show, if ever there was.” Yet it then goes on to point out that “potentially slanderous scenes, or footage containing commercially sensitive information, was censored.”

How a de facto veto over any footage that might seem insulting or unflattering or damaging doesn’t amount to editorial control is left unexplored.

This, then, is not journalism. And, as such, it’s not really a documentary. It’s marketing material. A very elaborate exercise in old-fashioned PR.

It’s a sanitized version of the truth, polished to a shine. “All or Nothing” may add significantly to our understanding of City during this transcendent Guardiola era, but it’s also a carefully curated version of events.

“All or Nothing” is compelling television, but it isn’t entirely real.

And as such, it speaks to the erosion of authenticity in soccer. As an industry, it is now almost entirely controlled by its major clubs. While the traditional media has ever less opportunity for meaningful time and interaction with players and managers, especially at City’s rarefied atmosphere, the clubs have begun to seize the content game. And, as such, the narrative."

Make no mistake, ENIC and Levy will have editorial control over it and whilst we might get snippets herw and there of what's going on, I guarantee the majority of the documentary will be about the "world class stadium and infrastructure" and how "ambitious" ENIC are.

No club would ever agree to let an outsider portray the club as it sees fit.

Back
Top Bottom