Amazon fly-on-the-wall documentary about Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's fucking cringeworthy.

Like a fucking drunk uncle at a wedding.

But at least the documentary proved Jose was in play long before Poch was sacked

I've just finished the first episode, I'm not a Mourinho fanboy, and I detest plenty of his bullshit and see it for what it is, a smart guy using his wit and blarney to get what he wants, often regardless of the collateral damage, but there is absolutely no denying that in terms of intelligence and charisma he was a level up on much of what we had seen in English football in terms of players and managers when he was in his prime.

The way he exudes self confidence whether talking to the chairman (his boss) his players or the media (who many managers really struggle with) is impressive - regardless of what I think of his football philosophy and tactics etc.

I was just a bit disappointed we didn't get to see more of the Pochettino phase and it all unravelling. Wanted to see behind the scenes as things were going bad just to see what it was genuinely like behind the scenes for all concerned - chairman, players, Poch and his staff etc. I guess the club/Levy wanted to spare them that maybe ?

EDIT APPENDIX

What also becomes clear as this unfolds is just howperspective alters quickly - kind of as it did when he arrived here with his smooth motherfucker persona and had us eating out of his hand, but quickly had me/some others detesting some of his narcissistic bollocks. His bullshit and blarney is slick and sophisticated by much of the standards we are used to in English football, but ultimately a lot of it is still bullshit and blarney, and you can see how this guy can't stay anywhere for long. Gradually it becomes less and less plausible, you can see how players start to cash out what they had previously bought into.

For all the smooth self confidence, there's a flaw in the integrity valve. I'm sure there are enough players in the dressing room that still buy it - the Sissoko's and Dier's and Winksey's and Toby's - footballer's often just need a "leader" to tell them everything will be good if they just do what their leader tells them, but his divisive methodology ("Dier shouldn't play but I need to keep him and the dressing room sweet") also has it's flaws that you can understand how it creates problems as well as solves them.

I found the public humiliating of Aurier, whilst contrasted against the mollycoddling Dier distasteful and typical - we see the same double standard with Ndombele and - insert Dier, Sissoko, Lo Celso etc here - of his divisive methodology.

Last edited:
I've just finished the first episode, I'm not a Mourinho fanboy, and I detest some of his bullshit and see it for exactly what it is, a very smart guy using his wit to get what he wants, often regardless of the collateral damage, but there is absolutely no denying IMO that in terms of intelligence and charisma he is superior specimen to so much of what we see in English football in terms of players and managers - you can understand how he is achieved what he has.

I've been watching this shit for 50 ish years, seen all sorts of characters, and the way he just exudes self confidence whether talking to the chairman (his boss) his players or the media (who many managers really struggle with) is impressive - regardless of what I think of his football philosophy and tactics etc.

I was just a bit disappointed we didn't get to see more of the Pochettino phase and it all unravelling. Wanted to see behind the scenes as things were going bad just to see what it was genuinely like behind the scenes for all concerned - chairman, players, Poch and his staff etc. I guess the club/Levy wanted to spare them that maybe ?

You can see how Jose has been successful though, he is a mentality coach. But also u can see how his hostility makes teams implode.

Also Harry has quite the potty mouth. lol.

EDIT: I didn't reads ur post fully were basically saying the same thing boss

We need to see if he can curve that venom. He is a modern day Clough.

It's 2.15 in the morning, and I've just finished watching all three episodes, once you start, it's very difficult to stop - totally addictive.
Instead of switching the screen off, I feel compelled to put my tuppence worth on here.
No spoilers, but got quite emotional at times, involving stuff with Jan, Poch, Toby, Sonny, Eric, Serge and Dele. But then I am a girl!! Eriksen is such a cold fish, glad he's gone.
Now I really need to get some shut eye. Night night.

Back
Top Bottom