And so,the F.A Cup!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agreed. But as we all know its all about the shekels. I think something like 500k people watched Sutton v Leeds followed by 1.5mn armchairs watching Man U vs Wigan (if i recall correctly!).
If it was Sky, I'd agree, but this is Auntie Beeb, funded by license fee not advertising, and supposedly a "public service broadcaster". If the BBC can televise spectacular global smash hits like Crown Bowls I'm sure they can give Manure a miss once in a while. One Man and His Dog Anyone?

If it was Sky, I'd agree, but this is Auntie Beeb, funded by license fee not advertising, and supposedly a "public service broadcaster". If the BBC can televise spectacular global smash hits like Crown Bowls I'm sure they can give Manure a miss once in a while. One Man and His Dog Anyone?
It's not just the Beeb. From 2005 (when Utd's run started) to 2008, FA Cup rights were shared between BBC and Sky; from 2008 to 2014 they were shared between ITV/Setanta/ESPN, and from 2014 to now they're shared between BBC and BT Sport. All of them have favoured Utd, and when one of them hasn't picked Utd in a particular round inevitably the other one then leapt on the opportunity to pick them.

It's not just the Beeb. From 2005 (when Utd's run started) to 2008, FA Cup rights were shared between BBC and Sky; from 2008 to 2014 they were shared between ITV/Setanta/ESPN, and from 2014 to now they're shared between BBC and BT Sport. All of them have favoured Utd, and when one of them hasn't picked Utd in a particular round inevitably the other one then leapt on the opportunity to pick them.
Doesn't it grate like sandpaper on the bell end? (Allegedly)
Completely unrealistic and deeply unpleasant for everyone else. Sack of cunts.

Whoever shows it, do they not get money for flogging on the overseas rights for the match? If so, I'd hazard a guess that a Utd match will be watched by a few more than a Lincoln match in Singapore and therefore be worth more to recoup some of the money they bid for it.

Fulham have stopped the sale of new memberships until after our game with them.

Don't really understand the point of a neutral section if only Fulham fans can buy there. Surely they should just be open to general sale or just make it a Fulham section, kind of defeats the purpose.

Fulham have stopped the sale of new memberships until after our game with them.

Don't really understand the point of a neutral section if only Fulham fans can buy there. Surely they should just be open to general sale or just make it a Fulham section, kind of defeats the purpose.
Although... I guess the idea is that Fulham fans can take their friends there who may support the other team or just be neutral altogether.

Although... I guess the idea is that Fulham fans can take their friends there who may support the other team or just be neutral altogether.

Yeah I guess that makes sense. I'm probably just being sour because I can't get my hands on a ticket. The random ballots this season has made it tough to build those precious loyalty points.

Yeah I guess that makes sense. I'm probably just being sour because I can't get my hands on a ticket. The random ballots this season has made it tough to build those precious loyalty points.
You could be a bronze member with 1000 loyalty points and it wouldn't get you near an away ticket this season though...

Just got 4, to my surprise, by calling up. Didn't dare ask whether it was because I'm a past member or whether they've gone on general sale.

So, look forward to a Feta and goat's cheese kische, drizzled in olive oil, wild rocket and sun-dried tomato salad, and washed down with a few glasses of a dry Sancerre.

Will make a change from Goat Curry and 14 pints of Chateau 1882.

Change of uniform too, of course. Wonder whether I still fit into those maroon cords that clash so trendily and horribly with the bacon and egg MCC tie.

Pip pip!!

Just got 4, to my surprise, by calling up. Didn't dare ask whether it was because I'm a past member or whether they've gone on general sale.

So, look forward to a Feta and goat's cheese kische, drizzled in olive oil, wild rocket and sun-dried tomato salad, and washed down with a few glasses of a dry Sancerre.

Will make a change from Goat Curry and 14 pints of Chateau 1882.

Change of uniform too, of course. Wonder whether I still fit into those maroon cords that clash so trendily and horribly with the bacon and egg MCC tie.

Pip pip!!
Well done. Never hurts to try the obvious and see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom