Andros Townsend

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Andros Townsend..would you to keep him?

• Total voters
N'Jie and Son have been brought in and they're both far better players. Lamela is improving every game and looks to have a far better attitude. Townsend clearly threw his toys out the pram after not getting on the pitch and thought he'd take it out on the fitness coach. I've never liked him, got slated a while back on here for calling him a twat but I've not seen anything from him that says otherwise.

Let Villa have him.

N'Jie and Son have been brought in and they're both far better players. Lamela is improving every game and looks to have a far better attitude. Townsend clearly threw his toys out the pram after not getting on the pitch and thought he'd take it out on the fitness coach. I've never liked him, got slated a while back on here for calling him a twat but I've not seen anything from him that says otherwise.

Let Villa have him.

You have no idea if that is true. What if the fitness coach whispered delicately in his ear 'I just fucked your missus'.

I've said before but too much venom for the lad. Strange how over 3/4 of people want him to stay according to the poll above, but all I hear is 'get him the fuck out'. Actually feel a bit sorry for the lad. Clearly wants first team football, wasn't allowed to leave in the summer, although there were, allegedly, numerous offers for him. He's slipping further down the order, what is he now onomah is probably ahead, 6/7/8th in the queue?!

I'd be happy for him to stay as cover, and for early cup/European games. Not in the slightest saying I want a team built around him, and in fact, I think it's obviously he'd be more suited in a team with a different style of play than what we are adopting.

Just get the impression the clubs conversation with andros goes something like;

'Andros, you're not the player we're really looking for to play at the moment'

'Can I get a transfer and leave then?'

'No'

Still the Most likely player to leave in January, and we might get a decent wedge for him. (Homegrown, reputation still good at other clubs)...You never know that cash could be used to subsidise cover for Kane. Then we'd all be a bit happy, I think?

You have no idea if that is true. What if the fitness coach whispered delicately in his ear 'I just fucked your missus'.

I've said before but too much venom for the lad. Strange how over 3/4 of people want him to stay according to the poll above, but all I hear is 'get him the fuck out'. Actually feel a bit sorry for the lad. Clearly wants first team football, wasn't allowed to leave in the summer, although there were, allegedly, numerous offers for him. He's slipping further down the order, what is he now onomah is probably ahead, 6/7/8th in the queue?!

I'd be happy for him to stay as cover, and for early cup/European games. Not in the slightest saying I want a team built around him, and in fact, I think it's obviously he'd be more suited in a team with a different style of play than what we are adopting.

Just get the impression the clubs conversation with andros goes something like;

'Andros, you're not the player we're really looking for to play at the moment'

'Can I get a transfer and leave then?'

'No'

Still the Most likely player to leave in January, and we might get a decent wedge for him. (Homegrown, reputation still good at other clubs)...You never know that cash could be used to subsidise cover for Kane. Then we'd all be a bit happy, I think?

Regarding the poll, there were a lot of votes cast for him when he scored in the 2 England games. I know that's when I voted. I think if the poll was to be done now it would be swung the other way.

If he hadn't been an academy product he would have been shipped out by now I think. We all saw what Poch does with players who don't tow the line....

If we were to loan/transfer him in January and buy a striker I think we'd all be happy.

I'm on the fence with Townsend. On one-hand, I think he makes for a decent impact sub, but on the other-hand I'd never have him in the starting eleven if everyone was fit.

I may be slightly leaning towards letting him go. He's probably a mid-table team player and I (like I assume most) want us as top 4 regulars.

I've said before but too much venom for the lad. Strange how over 3/4 of people want him to stay according to the poll above, but all I hear is 'get him the fuck out'. Actually feel a bit sorry for the lad.

Totally agree: whether he's good enough for us long-term or not, I don't think he's let us down. If he leaves, it's with best wishes.

It's cos he's Tottenham 'Fru an' 'fru!
If he was a Gooner, he would've already declared his love publicly for the club, disowned his own Dad, 'cos Wenger is like a "True Fazzer to me" and agreed to sign a 25 year contract regardless of whether he plays or not... 'cos he just loves being around the place.
As it is, he's had a row with the fitness coach, his attitude is getting worse by the day, and he probably can't wait to leave... "He's one of our own!"

Poch doesn't rate him - that's as obvious as a hard-on in a pair of speedos. he's been told he can leave but he chose to stay and fight for his place under a manager who doesn't rate him. That's fine if when you get a chance off the bench you come on and smash it. when was the last time townsend smashed anything? the fact he's in the england squad says more about the dire state of english football than anything else and the on-going problem of absenteeism and injuries.

Sell him in the next transfer window, he has had plenty of opportunities and he just doesn't have the quality for this new look spurs side. Arguing with coaching staff just goes to show hes not happy so im sorry mate but your time is up at spurs.

Well played Poch.

Evening Standard
Andros Townsend has been fined and banished from the Tottenham squad for tomorrow’s game with Anderlecht after his clash with a club fitness coach.

Townsend was seen grappling with Nathan Gardiner during the warm down after Monday’s 3-1 win over Aston Villa and head coach Mauricio Pochettino confirmed he would not be considered for the Europa League tie at White Hart Lane.

Pochettino did not say whether Townsend would be brought back for the derby at Woolwich on Sunday and was clearly unimpressed with the winger’s behaviour, although Pochettino said Townsend recognised his mistake.

He said: “Because of [the incident on] Monday, he is not available for selection. When you behave in the wrong way, you always need to pay. Discipline is very important to me.
“We have a young squad who can make mistakes but when you cross the limit it’s important to stop that. Sometimes when you don’t play as much as you expect, I can understand it, but it’s not the way to impress the manager.
“He needs to learn about football, which isn’t just playing the game. He needs to learn about behaviour, discipline. You need to have the responsibility of a professional.”

“If Andros Townsend is in the squad, it means we believe in him and that he can give us good things. After that, it is up to the player to show me I am wrong.”

I'm almost worried for Townsend. I wonder if he's suffering from some sort of depression, isn't he big on gambling too? - He just looks like a beaten man. His hair is all messy and picky, his beard is all scraggly, he can't seem to beat a man when playing football, he's having confrontations with fitness coaches and he can't even seem to get ahead of Joshua Onomah in the pecking order.

Could be the case of being hailed far too early. He had a few good games under AVB, was thrust upon the England scene, scored on his debut and continued to do well. Got injured, couldn't quite gain his place in the team and it's been like that ever since. Sporadic appearances for both Tottenham and England over that period of time all leading to present day.

I'm almost worried for Townsend. I wonder if he's suffering from some sort of depression, isn't he big on gambling too? - He just looks like a beaten man. His hair is all messy and picky, his beard is all scraggly, he can't seem to beat a man when playing football, he's having confrontations with fitness coaches and he can't even seem to get ahead of Joshua Onomah in the pecking order.

Could be the case of being hailed far too early. He had a few good games under AVB, was thrust upon the England scene, scored on his debut and continued to do well. Got injured, couldn't quite gain his place in the team and it's been like that ever since. Sporadic appearances for both Tottenham and England over that period of time all leading to present day.

You forgot...
Got compared to Arjen Robben.

:harrylol:

Back
Top Bottom