Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

10 games where teams struggled to suss us out pushed us to the top of the table. We've been on a downward spiral, that is rapidly speeding up ever since.
Newcastle had had far worse troubles than we have and could catch us. United have been dogshit and could catch us. Chelsea have been a laughing stock all season and will probably end up closer to us than we are to Villa.

Take those flukey 10 games out and we've been mid table mediocre level all season.
Take any teams 'flukey' results out and they'd be worse. Runs of form are part of a football season. I agree that what we're getting now is not good enough and the fact that we are declining is a big worry. But we've been better than those teams, no doubt. Table reflects that.

August 2023

Forster
Royal Dier Romero Sessegnon
Bissouma PEH
Porro Kulu Son
Richarlison

Bonza boys, go n play some attackin football right.

Get mullered,

Sacked by December.

The only way it works is for a proper, super scout to come in, clear all that shit out, spend the Kane money wisely if he goes and lock fucking Levy in an under ground bunker.

If this happens it's gonna cause another divide in the fanbase.

One half will be wrong. I hope it's my half, as I'd rather any coach comes and proves me wrong when I suspect they'll be a failure.

Me in May

Pretty prophetic really. Only delayed because we did sign some decent players who started the season happy and confident. Now look at them.

I can see that happening and we will end up shopping around in the bargain basement for managers

Then rinse and repeat

Let’s do it now!
I tend to agree with you. The very worst thing that can happen is this form continuing in to next season, sacking him in before Christmas, and yet another season gets written off by January.
I have zero faith I the Leech at the top, but making the move now would probably be the best option under the circumstances. Short of Levy himself fucking off.
Who should replace him? Fuck knows. Maybe the Bournemouth guy would fancy a spell in spotlight. Difficult to imagine a big name being interested again.

Ange is a fraud and a fucking charlatan. He needs to be driven from the club immediately. He cannot be sacked soon enough.
He's really not. But he is human, not a magician and this is a very tough club to manage. Huge expectations among fans but with no drive from the top to win.

Heavyweights like Mourinho and Conte failed too.

Assuming the form will turn around somewhat, I'd give him at least until Christmas.

You have no idea what Ange does in training and wouldn’t understand what you are watching if you could.
Agreed - not my job to understand - just going off what I’m seeing in matches particularly the last seven (not good obviously) and Dier’s comments.

If you think recent performances are all/mostly on the players and don’t think Ange-ball has been found out and our manager isn’t making the necessary adjustments. - We will just have to agree to disagree. Time will tell.

That implies you think Levy / ENIC will give him the tools and the backing to make us champions.
That just ain't happening. Mate.
Maybe success shouldn't be based around winning, it should be based around what we are building here as a club and if we can get that cheese room finished it will be a spectacular list of honours! :levyeyes:

Fair points but wages were much lower too tbf

As an apprentice travelling down from Northants every fortnight and the odd away game virtually cleaned me out for the rest of the week!

(I wasn’t a toolmaker btw!!!)

paddy spur paddy spur
Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

I remember talking to mates at the start of the season and I expected it to be a bumpy ride. 5th would actually be ok - better than I thought. We’ve got worse as the season's gone on though and I don't see clear answers to any of it.

Anyway have a great day y'all, checking out now. Peace.
The thing is has we started shit and finished strong people would be saying how excited they are for next season, as I have said before I'm all for giving him another season but its worrying that we aren't seeing any signs of improvements after nearly a full season !

5th is better than a lot of us thought before the season kicked off but a lot of that is down to Newcastle, Brighton & Man U that finished above us dropping off this season from the heights they achieved last season. I can see Newcastle, Man U (if they get a new manager) & Chelsea all improving next season & for Ange to come out & say that he expects to challenge for the title next season is just laughable.

I tend to agree with you. The very worst thing that can happen is this form continuing in to next season, sacking him in before Christmas, and yet another season gets written off by January.
I have zero faith I the Leech at the top, but making the move now would probably be the best option under the circumstances. Short of Levy himself fucking off.
Who should replace him? Fuck knows. Maybe the Bournemouth guy would fancy a spell in spotlight. Difficult to imagine a big name being interested again.
Don't think sacking a manager in October/November writes off a season personally. I said it another comment, but Villa hired Emery in November last season and look how that turned out. Hiring a new manager in summer is just as much of a gamble, and is harsh on Ange considering a 5th place finish

Last night was as bad as the 5-0 defeat to Liverpool that rightfully cost AVB his job.
What about the 4-1 defeat Klopp had against us at Wembley?
The thing is Klopp was given the tools he needed to be successful , Ange will be given the bare minimum , maybe the managers aren't the problem here?

Don't think sacking a manager in October/November writes off a season personally. I said it another comment, but Villa hired Emery in November last season and look how that turned out. Hiring a new manager in summer is just as much of a gamble, and is harsh on Ange considering a 5th place finish
If we'd had a bumpy start and improved to gain a 5th place finish I'd accept your point.
But the complete opposite has happened.

He definitely deserves another season, I still think fans have massively overrated the quality of this team. Can’t believe I’ve had to argue with people that players like Johnson are not good enough and never will be good enough to be a starting front 3 player for a team wanting to challenge for leagues.

I would like to see what his philosophy looks like with a front 3 with some technical ability and a proper holding mid. He obviously needs to have a rethink on his stance on set pieces though, it’s not just defensively either, that lot down the road and Man City are both in the top 3 for set piece goals scored, it’s a massive tool we’re missing out on.

We know how this board operates I’ve given up on hoping they will finally fully back a manager, so our scouts and recruitment team have to get it right this summer, we can’t afford to waste 100 mil on Richarlison/Johnson level players. Our big money purchases have to be players that dramatically improve on what we already have,not just be decent squad players that may or may not improve.

Massive summer ahead but I still believe with the right players Ange can be successful here, his philosophy is the way to go.

He's really not. But he is human, not a magician and this is a very tough club to manage. Huge expectations among fans but with no drive from the top to win.

Heavyweights like Mourinho and Conte failed too.

Assuming the form will turn around somewhat, I'd give him at least until Christmas.

I'd call a manager that refuses to do any tactical work or even attempt to fix our problems a fucking charlatan.

The worrying thing for me is that we're seeing him stand there on the sideline looking forlorn and a little bit clueless more and more often. The players, some of them, probably aren't doing exactly what he wants them to do. But to be a top coach in the Premier League you need a plan B and C to go along with a plan A when things aren't going smoothly and he just doesn't seem to have that.

Back
Top Bottom