Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I KNOW he won't be Wenger... But you have to admit, back in 1996 it was "Arsene who?" BECAUSE he'd 'only' come from lower league French & Japanese football....

Err, he'd won the League and Cup in France, got to one European final and Semi's of the Champs League working with players like Klinsmann, Weah and Hoddle.

It's not like he had been managing Montpellier to successive mid-table finishes.

Sure, everyone was sceptical because he'd come from a Japanese club but it's not like he hadn't dined at the top table before.

Welcome Ange hopefully you will once again prove the doubters wrong as you like to do, looking forward to getting a Spurs team who actually play good attacking football its been a while

Clear bad vibe, yes. Agreed.
But our league form was infinitely worse after Conte went.
I was in the out camp as he was clearly pushing for it. Even I was surprised at just how bad we got in the aftermath though.
And I'm genuinely worried now that it'll get even worse with an inexperienced coach trying to sort it out.
the league form got worse but what do you expect? we got ryan mason in using conte's system lol. a complete rookie who looks scared of his own shadow using someone elses ideas? doesnt sound like a recipe for success to me.

would have been better off with harry redknapp and 442 ffs lol

Last edited:
We are right to have these concerns. For a long time now the business side has been run immaculately while the football side hasn't and moreover fixing the football side still requires those on the business side, to initiate the fix for the football side.

BUT

If you look for positives, it's my default to do so, then here is what I can see:

There is a coherent pattern immerging on the football side. Look at the names that we've been linked to for the Head Coach role: The names that kept coming to the top of the list were: Slot, Ange & Kompany - These names fit exactly the profile we've been told we are looking for and perhaps more importantly they are very, very tactically similar to each other! (Even Nagelsmann & Enrique fit the profile to a degree as whilst both are very well known I would say that they are still up-and-coming managers - both have a lot to prove as managers, but they do sit outside the profile of those previously mentioned).

I take this as someone on the football side is doing good football things by profiling, this is NOT a scattergun approach. I assume this comes from the team that's already in place, so Steinsson or Gabbanini.

Obviously, there's still a ton of stuff to be filled in, I don't even know if we are going for a DoF or a more specific Technical role (maybe even more than one????). But someone somewhere who knows ball is making recommendations, or maybe even leading this. That much is clear.
Whilst I agree in the main, I still think it's a little early to make that call.

I'd say it's fair to say that the first 'indications' are that there appears to be the beginning of a coherent plan, but we don't have enough evidence, at this point in time, you say that with real confidence.

Last edited:
Just thought I would leave a completely unbiased opinion regarding Ange coming in as your new manager. This coming from Hearts fan up in Scotland so I absolutely despise Celtic in every way and not a huge fan of you guys after you pumped us in our own stadium a few years ago haha. But as much as it pains me to say it you have a good manager in Postecoglou. Yes it's Scotland and Celtic are by far the best team up here but the way he's got celtic playing just now is nothing short of frightening at times. They press you for 90 minutes and are just completely relentless in attack, alot like city but obviously no were near the same level. What I will say is when he first arrived at Celtic it did take time to get going with what he wanted to do and for the players to get upto speed with the fitness levels required so for maybe the first half season they were relentless for the first 60/70mins and you knew if you held on till then, they would tire and you'd have a chance. But if he's given time I've no doubts you are going to have some good times ahead. Cheers

"What's that Skippy, Eric Divers stuck down a well? I know, I fucking put him there!"

Whilst I agree in the main, I still think it's a little early to make that call.

I'd say it's fair to say that the first 'indications' are that there appears to be the beginning of a coherent plan, but we don't have enough evidence, at this point in time, you say that with real confidence.
Yeah, that's where I'm at. Not sticking my neck out and committing to anything on that front yet, just that based solely on the coaches we have been heavily linked to there absolutely is similar profiling going on due to their similarities.

whats hes drilling into them should be basic shit but it clearly isnt.

the likes of dier wont last 5 mins with this sort of demand on the play, quick clean and crisp...blokes going to be drowning

"What's that Skippy, Eric Divers stuck down a well? I know, I fucking put him there!"

Since when did this place need evidence?!

Usually only takes one tweet from an account with loads of numbers in it's username to make this place explode!

I suppose they'll all have Aussie-style names now. Skippy's easy and so are Sonny, Harry Kulusevski and Cuti, but then you've got Hojbjergy, Richarlisony, Emersony, Perisicy, Lenglety, Forstery and Fucking Dier.

You mean someone prepared to be Levy's lap dog?
Happy to bend over the table and take whatever he's given?

Yeah. Sounds like a plan
I do not think Naglesmann was ever that interested in the job and we would have to really sell the job to him and still were unlikely to get him. The fact is the hiring of Jose and Conte and the turmoil it has brought has damaged Tottenham and especially the poisonous gnome at the top.

The fact is we just recruited off the list of the manager the City Football Group are keeping their eye on. Hence we tried and failed to recruit Slot.

Back
Top Bottom