Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Formation error: Your lineup must contain exactly 11 players. Please check your formation. A 'Player' is considered to be 1 name without spaces.

If we do get Postecoglou, which now appears likely, and I just want to see a manager who optmises the players im our squad, I am unsure on what basis Rodgers is so disliked?

Human beings are often so wonderfully irrational.
They have been optimized, they are not good enough simple as that!

The If is a big If. Easier said than done. "hE iS gOiNg To UnItE tHe FaNs".

Even Conte had united the fans earlier on (except for the general haters) . End of last season when he got us top 4, almost everyone was backing Conte. Fans are only ever united when we win . And when we started losing , everyone who backed him earlier were united in wanting him gone.

I dont think he will succeed. But if he starts winning, I will change my tune and so will others. So He's going to have to hit the ground running and start winning right away. If he doesnt, people will be united against him. (except for the fanboys)
He’s not going to hit the ground running and start winning right away. All reports are that his teams start slowly when he arrives before they get used to his system - then the winning takes off big time.

Might as well buckle up. You’re going to need patience because he is not a get rich quick scheme manager who then burns out like Conte. This is a long haul play.

The If is a big If. Easier said than done. "hE iS gOiNg To UnItE tHe FaNs".

Even Conte had united the fans earlier on (except for the general haters) . End of last season when he got us top 4, almost everyone was backing Conte. Fans are only ever united when we win . And when we started losing , everyone who backed him earlier were united in wanting him gone.

I dont think he will succeed. But if he starts winning, I will change my tune and so will others. So He's going to have to hit the ground running and start winning right away. If he doesnt, people will be united against him. (except for the fanboys)

Ridiculous comment, and nobody with a brain expects that.

All change takes time. We're at the start of a new process/cycle now. So can shove your 'fanboy' comment right up your jacksie.

Anyone who doesn't give him time (and time = at least a full season) is a sub human gutter rat fink cunt with no brain (and probably is a closet gooner).

He’s not going to hit the ground running and start winning right away. All reports are that his teams start slowly when he arrives before they get used to his system - then the winning takes off big time.

Might as well buckle up. You’re going to need patience because he is not a get rich quick scheme manager who then burns out like Conte. This is a long haul play.

Exactly.

For those that can tolerate some sympathy for Levy, Simon Jordan's tidbit at 6:45 is interesting:

I'll be honest, I really don't understand why people don't like that guy with the glasses. He makes a lot of sense and doesn't seem to be bigoted or flappable. He's probably one of the few talking heads that has some credibility, at least in my eyes. Mainly because he usually argues the common-sense case of not just agreeing with the mainstream narrative. I think we need more of him, but I can see that that wouldn't be as interesting (their constant bickering is quite compelling).

My man in the know said that after missing out on Arne, Levy was desperate to appoint someone else with a four letter name beginning with A and ending with E.

It's believed this is because many refer to Levy with a four letter word beginning with A and ending in E.
He probably didn't want 'Arr'E

I'll be honest, I really don't understand why people don't like that guy with the glasses. He makes a lot of sense and doesn't seem to be bigoted or flappable. He's probably one of the few talking heads that has some credibility, at least in my eyes. Mainly because he usually argues the common-sense case of not just agreeing with the mainstream narrative. I think we need more of him, but I can see that that wouldn't be as interesting (their constant bickering is quite compelling).
I've got quite a lot of time for Simon Jordan to be honest. He's a bit gobby but he's not an idiot (coming from a business background rather than being a former player is probably a factor in that). Usually been fair towards us.

My man in the know said that after missing out on Arne, Levy was desperate to appoint someone else with a four letter name beginning with A and ending with E.

It's believed this is because many refer to Levy with a four letter word beginning with A and ending in E.
Finally a consistent joined up strategy from the club

I like it

Sometimes?

If you’re playing possession based football for 90 mins most of the time you have to go sideways/ backwards. That’s where the possession is.

Or if you just kick it forwards you run out of pitch in about 10-20 seconds.
We just had a counter attacking coach who preferred this and everyone hated it.

Get a possession based team and everyone will hate that.

It’s a lose lose scenario.
That's why we have a retractable pitch!

Think About It GIF by Identity

I just can't see this guy being the guy to win us our first trophy since '08, but perhaps he can be the guy to get us into a good enough position to challenge for the next manager.

When we play Chelsea and he's in our dugout and Poch is in theirs, I'm going to feel sick.

Poch would win a Treble at Celtic, probably do it with even more style as well.

I'll be glad when a deal is done but that's just so it is done and we get on with the rebuild. We'll be lucky to finish anywhere near the European places next season.

Good luck Ange. Wouldn't have been my choice and I think this is levy being levy. But I hope we can clear the decks.

Not sure what you mean” levy being levy”?
Isn’t he doing something different?
The easy thing to do would have been to go for Pochettino or give JN what he wanted or even go for a big name in LE but he hasn’t he has gone for a better fit for the club imo. Ok it a risk I suppose bar appointing pep it’s going to be but I believe he on the right track with this guy/slott type

Formation error: Your lineup must contain exactly 11 players. Please check your formation. A 'Player' is considered to be 1 name without spaces.

If we do get Postecoglou, which now appears likely, and I just want to see a manager who optmises the players im our squad, I am unsure on what basis Rodgers is so disliked?

Human beings are often so wonderfully irrational.
Rogers in a nutshell.. basic maths equation
He think: ward = or < than schmeichel

He was wrongs, so very wrongs. Leicester relegated over that alone.

I just can't see this guy being the guy to win us our first trophy since '08, but perhaps he can be the guy to get us into a good enough position to challenge for the next manager.

When we play Chelsea and he's in our dugout and Poch is in theirs, I'm going to feel sick.

Poch would win a Treble at Celtic, probably do it with even more style as well.

I'll be glad when a deal is done but that's just so it is done and we get on with the rebuild. We'll be lucky to finish anywhere near the European places next season.

Zzz Ok GIF by Jim Gaffigan

Back
Top Bottom