Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just can't see this guy being the guy to win us our first trophy since '08, but perhaps he can be the guy to get us into a good enough position to challenge for the next manager.

When we play Chelsea and he's in our dugout and Poch is in theirs, I'm going to feel sick.

Poch would win a Treble at Celtic, probably do it with even more style as well.

I'll be glad when a deal is done but that's just so it is done and we get on with the rebuild. We'll be lucky to finish anywhere near the European places next season.
I do like that we're going for an attacking manager

And he definitely comes across well and has glowing references from the Celtic fans

But it definitely is a huge risk , especially with the possibility of Kane leaving this summer becoming more likely

Ultimately , a competent manager barely scratches the surface of the problems that this club has right now

We have to fix our recruitment model or it really is all completely pointless

I've got quite a lot of time for Simon Jordan to be honest. He's a bit gobby but he's not an idiot (coming from a business background rather than being a former player is probably a factor in that). Usually been fair towards us.
Yeah, he co-owned a club or two, I think. He's certainly got his head screwed on more than most in the punditry area. I don't listen to the channel, but if I see him weighing in on something in a thumbnail, I usually hear what he has to say. That's the biggest compliment I can give any of those turgid, cookie-cutting drones these days.

My main reservation with Ange is how crap Celtic were in Europe. We need to be patient here. I wouldn't be shocked if in the first 10 games we took a few batterings whilst he figured his system out against the very best players in the world - not the SPL dross.

Fully onboard the Ange train. Just bracing myself for some very difficult moments.
You won't have to worry about this aspect with us this year

So, it looks like it's done. I have a lingering concern (probably not a valid one): the Aussie connection with Munn and the trip down under this summer. Highly coincidental... Feels like Paratici's playbook. We'll be signing good-looking players from the Australian Justice League (I have no idea what it's called) for their fan-base. Who are the front runners, Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman ?

My guess is we'll get some Aussies and and Japanese players in the next couple of seasons (assuming he's not sacked before then). No more than 2 or 3 total.

Zzz Ok GIF by Jim Gaffigan

Sleep Yawn GIF

So, it looks like it's done. I have a lingering concern (probably not a valid one): the Aussie connection with Munn and the trip down under this summer. Highly coincidental... Feels like Paratici's playbook. We'll be signing good-looking players from the Australian Justice League (I have no idea what it's called) for their fan-base. Who are the front runners, Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman ?

My guess is we'll get some Aussies and and Japanese players in the next couple of seasons (assuming he's not sacked before then). No more than 2 or 3 total
your point i think all depends if we hire a technical director if we don't i think your point unfortunately is valid ten times over.

Spurs agree terms in principle for Postecoglou​

Tottenham have agreed terms in principle for Celtic boss Ange Postecoglou to take over as their new head coach.
Sky Sports News reported last week that he had emerged as the new leading candidate and that Spurs had been given permission to hold formal talks with him on Monday.
Celtic have already begun working on Postecoglou's potential successor, with Brendan Rodgers and Jesse Marsch two names in the frame.

Agreed....IN PRINCIPLE!

Postecoglou

For those that can tolerate some sympathy for Levy, Simon Jordan's tidbit at 6:45 is interesting:

One thing I have heard Simon Jordan say a few times and I agree with is getting someone in like 'Klopp' in the sense that he bought the fans and the club with him and got them all pulling in one direction together. I do think that Ange can do this as he has the personality to do it.

Good question.. I guess it depends on who Ange brings with him, rumour is only one of his management team so i'd imagine Mason will still be a part of the team.

I hope a championship club comes in and offers him a managers job. Get him started properly, learn his trade, and maybe come back to the club one day on merit.

Was in Australia in 1999......and all the blokes were drinking Victoria Bitter VB for short...... Fosters is only popular in the UK while nobody gives a s*** about XXXX
Melbourne Bitter is a good one. Was in Australia earlier this year and there was a bit of a rejection of VB going on.

Back
Top Bottom