Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Formation error: Your lineup must contain exactly 11 players. Please check your formation. A 'Player' is considered to be 1 name without spaces.

If we do get Postecoglou, which now appears likely, and I just want to see a manager who optmises the players im our squad, I am unsure on what basis Rodgers is so disliked?

Human beings are often so wonderfully irrational.

Err, he'd won the League and Cup in France, got to one European final and Semi's of the Champs League working with players like Klinsmann, Weah and Hoddle.

It's not like he had been managing Montpellier to successive mid-table finishes.

Sure, everyone was sceptical because he'd come from a Japanese club but it's not like he hadn't dined at the top table before.
Hasn't Ange just won the Treble?? Albeit in 'little Scawtlund'!

Some might say the French league is at best a 3 horse race.... (It certainly was in the early '90s with only Marseille, Monaco and maybe Nantes to speak of...) not a hint of PSG at the time... Monaco were the 'money men' back then....

Ange has won wherever he's been... that's the hallmark of a winner, not of the competition.

Conte & Jose won wherever they have been... they were winners on THEIR terms...

Levy just has to realise that the winners he employs have only been winners because of the clubs they have been at have given them what they wanted.... which is why Jose and Conte came across as petulant kids at Spurs when they didn't get what they wanted.... They HAD been spoilt!

Ange doesn't strike me as that type!

whats hes drilling into them should be basic shit but it clearly isnt.

the likes of dier wont last 5 mins with this sort of demand on the play, quick clean and crisp...blokes going to be drowning

So much here for the “hate passing it backwards and sideways” crowd.

40 seconds of football to move the ball from the GL to inside the opposing half. Mainly kicking it backwards and sideways to do it.
All the while him encouraging this play.

Possession football includes moving it backwards and sideways shocker.

Who knew eh???

Formation error: Your lineup must contain exactly 11 players. Please check your formation. A 'Player' is considered to be 1 name without spaces.

If we do get Postecoglou, which now appears likely, and I just want to see a manager who optmises the players im our squad, I am unsure on what basis Rodgers is so disliked?

Human beings are often so wonderfully irrational.
He didn't have a nickname like "Big Rog".

So much here for the “hate passing it backwards and sideways” crowd.

40 seconds of football to move the ball from the GL to inside the opposing half. Mainly kicking it backwards and sideways to do it.
All the while him encouraging this play.

Possession football includes moving it backwards and sideways shocker.

Who knew eh???
of course sometimes you have to go backwards, but it all has to be done at speed and be clean, we have sooo many incompetent footballers who just wont be able to live with this demand.

he needs to get in and filter out the shit that cant live with it, get a few in that he wants and get us tuned in for the start of the season.

of course sometimes you have to go backwards, but it all has to be done at speed and be clean, we have sooo many incompetent footballers who just wont be able to live with this demand.

he needs to get in and filter out the shit that cant live with it, get a few in that he wants and get us tuned in for the start of the season.

Sometimes?

If you’re playing possession based football for 90 mins most of the time you have to go sideways/ backwards. That’s where the possession is.

Or if you just kick it forwards you run out of pitch in about 10-20 seconds.
We just had a counter attacking coach who preferred this and everyone hated it.

Get a possession based team and everyone will hate that.

It’s a lose lose scenario.

Sometimes?

If you’re playing possession based football for 90 mins most of the time you have to go sideways/ backwards. That’s where the possession is.

Or if you just kick it forwards you run out of pitch in about 10-20 seconds.
We just had a counter attacking coach who preferred this and everyone hated it.

Get a possession based team and everyone will hate that.

It’s a lose lose scenario.
you go backwards when you dont have any good options going forward. youre trying to score a goal not just keep the ball, if you cant score a goal of course youll want to keep the ball, very simple game.

its why winks was so disliked because he wanted to go backwards when he had clear options to go forward. nothing fucking worse

as someone else said you cant play good football without good players, which is why he needs to get in and gut some of the shit weve suffered for far too long who have been robbing a living. gigs up

It's what I imagine dogs piss tastes like! 😜
So you have drunk a lot of dogs piss in your days i take it???

date GIF

I’m happy with the appointment, but I am realistic that it’s going to take two years for results. Our current squad is too slow to play his preferred style and guys like Son have to prove they can press much better than they’ve shown or the system will break down.

Clearly for this to work we need another CB who can be left on an island, some technical MFs (I suspect Bissouma thrives in this system), and maybe another winger with pace and press ability.

There will be growing pains, but I can’t wait to see us play front-foot possession football, and defend up the pitch instead of watching our subpar defenders struggle under pressure for 90 minutes.

My man in the know said that after missing out on Arne, Levy was desperate to appoint someone else with a four letter name beginning with A and ending with E.

It's believed this is because many refer to Levy with a four letter word beginning with A and ending in E.

Level headed attitude.

Putting my feelings on Enic aside for the purpose of this appt, Ange wasn't my 1st or 2nd option. However I will back him to deliver, but it will take time.

It's a full 180 from the past few managers.

Apparently it's a 2 year deal, with an additional 1 year option.

If he can unite Club and fans as he has done at Brisbane, Yokohama and Celtic that would be most welcome.

Strap in... will be wild ride.

a78a99e786d949419759f5c1cd66aebe352f4429
The If is a big If. Easier said than done. "hE iS gOiNg To UnItE tHe FaNs".

Even Conte had united the fans earlier on (except for the general haters) . End of last season when he got us top 4, almost everyone was backing Conte. Fans are only ever united when we win . And when we started losing , everyone who backed him earlier were united in wanting him gone.

I dont think he will succeed. But if he starts winning, I will change my tune and so will others. So He's going to have to hit the ground running and start winning right away. If he doesnt, people will be united against him. (except for the fanboys)

Back
Top Bottom