Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fully believe you mate.

We don’t see eye to eye on everything but I reckon we understand each other on most posts

You two guys!! Lovely to see!!

Matt1882

IYKYK

VNEm6Q.gif

Interested to see what he can de next season with an improved squad.

Really want to see more tactical flexibility and willingness to try new things (don't wait until 3 games before season end to play VDV at LB for example). Better use of the squad.

Still a red flag that he seemed to genuinely not get that fans wouldn't want to hand Woolwich the league. Hopefully he spends the summer listening back to old TFC podcasts.

Willing to bet that loads of the same dickheads commenting on twitter about Werner being a “no brainer” and great because “it allows us to spend money elsewhere”.

Will be the first to start singing for an unemployed Poch to come back when Ange is left short up front and the team struggles for exactly the same reason as last year.

Conte was a defensive coach with a system that relied on 3 high level CBs, Levy got him Lenglet on loan.

Ange is an attacking coach with a system that relies on 3 high level attacking players. Levy sold Kane and brought him Lenglet on loan.

Don’t forget Conte wanted Lenglet…

Same way Ange wants Werner.

Really want to see more tactical flexibility and willingness to try new things (don't wait until 3 games before season end to play VDV at LB for example). Better use of the squad.

Still a red flag that he seemed to genuinely not get that fans wouldn't want to hand Woolwich the league. Hopefully he spends the summer listening back to old TFC podcasts.
Improving the squad? Well we have just signed timo on loan for next season. That has really improved our forward line. Everyone says we need to improve the forward which basically means we need better than timo, kulu, Johnson and the rest.

Willing to bet that loads of the same dickheads commenting on twitter about Werner being a “no brainer” and great because “it allows us to spend money elsewhere”.

Will be the first to start singing for an unemployed Poch to come back when Ange is left short up front and the team struggles for exactly the same reason as last year.

Conte was a defensive coach with a system that relied on 3 high level CBs, Levy got him Lenglet on loan.

Ange is an attacking coach with a system that relies on 3 high level attacking players. Levy sold Kane and brought him Lenglet on loan.

But wouldn’t Ange have given the green light to sign timo? He obvs thinks he suits his system and approved the loan. He did say that all signings he has final say.

But wouldn’t Ange have given the green light to sign timo? He obvs thinks he suits his system and approved the loan. He did say that all signings he has final say.

Well the fact is we didn't sign him. And that was an option. So maybe the conversation was "yeah nah mate, I don't think he's the one long-term, so don't sign him... but probably handy to have him around for another 12 months, so just extend the loan. Keep the transfer option open at the end of that in case he comes good... but here's a good one mate: reduce the transfer fee by whatever we're paying in wages in that time"

Improving the squad? Well we have just signed timo on loan for next season. That has really improved our forward line. Everyone says we need to improve the forward which basically means we need better than timo, kulu, Johnson and the rest.

It's June and the window has barely opened.

Shut the fuck up.

has it been improved? right now as it stands i feel like we are literally pinning our hopes on some swedish kid being a prodigy. thats how it feels right now. to be honest im not sure what signing we could make that would change that either? maybe two heavy hitters for the forward line.

that front line will fuck us next year. not only does it lack quality, it lacks balance too. it will struggle against the better sides and it will struggle against the sides that sit deep and counter. i dont trust the manager to experiment and try new things, it will be the same old shit and we will be banging our heads against a wall watching son and johnson waste possession in the final third.

against the real stubborn sides id like to see maddison on the left, someone whos got the ability to hold the ball and assess things in tight areas and have the ability to time and play difficult passes that are needed. johnson and son are never gonna do this they will either run into brick walls or just fumble the ball and choke.

has it been improved? right now as it stands i feel like we are literally pinning our hopes on some swedish kid being a prodigy. thats how it feels right now. to be honest im not sure what signing we could make that would change that either? maybe two heavy hitters for the forward line.

that front line will fuck us next year. not only does it lack quality, it lacks balance too. it will struggle against the better sides and it will struggle against the sides that sit deep and counter. i dont trust the manager to experiment and try new things, it will be the same old shit and we will be banging our heads against a wall watching son and johnson waste possession in the final third.

against the real stubborn sides id like to see maddison on the left, someone whos got the ability to hold the ball and assess things in tight areas and have the ability to time and play difficult passes that are needed. johnson and son are never gonna do this they will either run into brick walls or just fumble the ball and choke.

And if we’re languishing towards the bottom of the table towards the end of October then Levy will strike

Hopefully not but the jury still out for me!

Lenglet gets you CL football! :D

I'd be happy if sign Eze and Olise and no-one else this window. We can afford it.

Someone would have to brief them...

Maybe someone from the club's PR department for example.

It's mad that we are in 2024 and people still believe that Ange Postecoglou told Ali Gold or Fab Romano personally.

I wouldn't even believe Tony or Ange if they told me to my face the players were their choices.
They all tow the company line, whether we live with it as fans or not.

Although Alex Scott seems like a nice person, I don't rate any of the female pundits. I know, my "unconscious bias" or some other assertion of a pseudo intellectual fashion.

Just to prove I am even-handed to the core, I don't rate a fair few of the male pundits either. The Monday night club are mostly good. Watching the Overlap episode when Rio Ferdinand was on, he came across very well.
The worst one with a grating voice….Melissa Reddy.

Back
Top Bottom