Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Although Alex Scott seems like a nice person, I don't rate any of the female pundits. I know, my "unconscious bias" or some other assertion of a pseudo intellectual fashion.

Just to prove I am even-handed to the core, I don't rate a fair few of the male pundits either. The Monday night club are mostly good. Watching the Overlap episode when Rio Ferdinand was on, he came across very well.
My problem is that they're forcing the mens and womens games together whether fans want it or not, and it gets worse all the time.
I don't much like the fact that women's teams are just subsidiaries of mens teams either tbh. Why not start their own teams with their own identity and build their own fanbase?
I feel as compelled to cheer for "tottenham women" as I would a bunch of strangers playing 5-a-side in Spurs kits tbh.

My problem is that they're forcing the mens and womens games together whether fans want it or not, and it gets worse all the time.
I don't much like the fact that women's teams are just subsidiaries of mens teams either tbh. Why not start their own teams with their own identity and build their own fanbase?
I feel as compelled to cheer for "tottenham women" as I would a bunch of strangers playing 5-a-side in Spurs kits tbh.
The whole thing is a woke project. BBC don't hide it - it's explicitly part of their agenda. They draft and position their website content to drive clicks made in error.

I think what you refer to is the huge subsidy from men's football to women's football. Though strangely we never hear of that. Only that women were "banned" from playing football. Whatever that means.

For the record, female presenters and reporters don't bother me. not even fussed about commentators.
It's the ex-players who obviously have no experience of mens football, opining on mens football that bothers me.

We must be talking about two different creatures. It's actually very awkward, as she is so obviously there because she's a woman ... Overlap is a show that almost entirely consists of anecdotes/reminiscences about men's pro football, but male ex pro footballers. Really awkward and absurd tbh
Melissa Reddy. The South African reporter that often talks on Sky Sports about transfers.

We must be talking about two different creatures. It's actually very awkward, as she is so obviously there because she's a woman ... Overlap is a show that almost entirely consists of anecdotes/reminiscences about men's pro football, but male ex pro footballers. Really awkward and absurd tbh
She came where and became a senior employee out of the blue"

Male ex players are annoying as well.

I like Nedum Onuha but he never gets work .
Yes, how Merson gets employed is mind boggling. It feels like Sky just put him on air to represent Woolwich. Even though he's apparently a Chelsea fanboi. So it feels more like he's just there to take pot shots at us.

I don't watch anything pre or post match anymore. It's only the in match pundits I have to suffer, and only for the games I'm not at.

Back
Top Bottom