Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let’s just get him in the door before we end up with Rogers. Club has broken my ambition to get Naglesmann or Pochettino back. Now it’s whatever is least worst.

Sorry, but this is simply untrue.

Slippy G did NOT look in anyway "awesome" at Rangers.

He was a baw hair away from the sack until COVID struck. The mutants were calling for his head en masse. Because of consecutive collapses post Christmas.
A perfect storm of our own utter implosion, half a squad checked out, Lennon's inability to motivate them, no fans in stadiums and let's say ... A "compliant" refereeing network won him a title.
As has been iterated on here numerous times, the SPL is indeed a two horse race.
And Slippys record in that race is utterly abysmal.
A win rate of 64 percent as a Rangers manager is utter dung. As is his trophy haul of a single piece of silverware out of nine available in his Rangers tenure is equally crap.
Most people were utterly flabbergasted that he wormed his way into an EPL job with a record like that.
But, as is the way with English football, reputation precedes ability. Slippy was a famous name, just like Lampard. And neither of them is in any way shape or form a manager.

But, back to Ange, as I iterated a day or so ago, he simply will not get the time needed to work his magic at Spurs.
The players Spurs have, are not equipped for "Angeball", and Levy is highly unlikely to give him the necessary budget to attain them.

Is Ange a good manager? Not even debatable. He's an INCREDIBLE manager. Proof is there at every level he's managed at, as well as co signs from names like Guardiola, who is an ardent admirer.
He's just not a fit for this Spurs team.
Was kind of respecting your comments until “compliant refereeing network” when you start senior school you might realise how pathetic that statement is. Agree wholeheartedly Gerrard is shite - that’s the point winning the Scottish premier league is no real achievement when someone like Gerrard can win it

Celtic fan coming in peace.

Haven't read through all the pages but have seen the reaction online. Feels very similar to our own fanbase when Ange was announced two years ago after it seemed for all intents and purposes like we were getting Eddie Howe.

Let me tell you, you're in for a fucking wild ride. I've been supporting Celtic for near 30 years and I can't remember another manager having the connection with the fans Ange has/had. The football is sublime, like nothing we've seen at the club before. The way he united the fans, the players, he brought us back from an utter shitshow. When he took over we barely had a first-team squad. He took over with about a month before our first competitive game - brought no staff with him, faced ridicule from all quarters of the media. At Christmas we were playing youth team left backs at left wing. It was a mess. Despite all this, he won the double that year against a Rangers side who made the Europa League final.

It's his modus operandi that he goes into clubs when they're struggling. He loves the challenge, and he'll relish the reaction from you lot as he'll see it as a chance to win you over. His recruitment is second to none and the way he deals with the media is fucking brilliant.

I'll be following Spurs now if it's confirmed that he's away. Never followed a manager like that before but that's the magic of Ange. Enjoy.

EDIT: comparisons to Rodgers only go so far. Rodgers won everything up here at a time when there was zero challenge, when he was taking over the best side by some distance with the biggest resources. What Ange has done - taking over the club in the state it was in and implementing his ideas so quickly and bringing everyone onside - is far more impressive. You only need to look at how he's viewed among fans compared with Rodgers to get a full sense of how impressive Ange is.

This part is true. I am not really excited at the thought of Postguy but they've really put in an effort to tell us about him.

I'm just hoping it's not Levy using ChatGPT to create posts from fictitious Celtic fans that persuade Spurs fans that this is a great appointment by the club :levyeyes: :levywhoa:

Also, the improvement he gets out of players is insane. Watch a few squad players you thought were shite suddenly transform into key members of the squad. He had our academy RB who struggled on loan at St Johnstone standing out in an inverted full back role and our LB who most wanted out the door vying for player of the year.

Let’s just get him in the door before we end up with Rogers. Club has broken my ambition to get Naglesmann or Pochettino back. Now it’s whatever is least worst.

Levy to the fans…

fzO0.gif

Celtic fan coming in peace.

Haven't read through all the pages but have seen the reaction online. Feels very similar to our own fanbase when Ange was announced two years ago after it seemed for all intents and purposes like we were getting Eddie Howe.

Let me tell you, you're in for a fucking wild ride. I've been supporting Celtic for near 30 years and I can't remember another manager having the connection with the fans Ange has/had. The football is sublime, like nothing we've seen at the club before. The way he united the fans, the players, he brought us back from an utter shitshow. When he took over we barely had a first-team squad. He took over with about a month before our first competitive game - brought no staff with him, faced ridicule from all quarters of the media. At Christmas we were playing youth team left backs at left wing. It was a mess. Despite all this, he won the double that year against a Rangers side who made the Europa League final.

It's his modus operandi that he goes into clubs when they're struggling. He loves the challenge, and he'll relish the reaction from you lot as he'll see it as a chance to win you over. His recruitment is second to none and the way he deals with the media is fucking brilliant.

I'll be following Spurs now if it's confirmed that he's away. Never followed a manager like that before but that's the magic of Ange. Enjoy.

EDIT: comparisons to Rodgers only go so far. Rodgers won everything up here at a time when there was zero challenge, when he was taking over the best side by some distance with the biggest resources. What Ange has done - taking over the club in the state it was in and implementing his ideas so quickly and bringing everyone onside - is far more impressive. You only need to look at how he's viewed among fans compared with Rodgers to get a full sense of how impressive Ange is.
How much do you charge for your fake Amazon reviews?

All good with Postocoglou as a coach.

They still need to fucking get a structure at the club in terms of DOF and a direction, identity.

Unless the plan is that Ange becomes the DOF, direction, and Identity?
Then I'm not sure that's a great idea at all.
Me too to be honest. At Celtic though he got to sign the players he wanted and I think he will get that with us. I like everything about him though. He has a clear way in the way he wants the game played and is very tough on his players but it gets results.
If he does come the players will be much sharper and fitter and if they don’t get up to speed to how he wants to play he’ll bin them. My worry is do we have enough players capable of playing his way.
Guys like bentancur,bissouma,Porro and Udogie will be ideal in his style and system. Will be interesting to see though if it is him.

Back
Top Bottom