Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Victim of his own success. 3 manager of the month in a row. Incredible accomplishment. That had to come to an end at some point.

The one thing most normal people agreed on in the summer was that he would need time and most weren’t expecting a top 4 finish.

Nothings changed IMO. Give him time.
Top 4 and CL qualification this season would be an unexpected bonus.

Personally I love what I’m seeing from the man.

200w.gif
200w.gif

I have one problem with Ange and it is the way he deals with Refs. We all know that it would be fine if the Refereeing of football was fair and unbiased but it is not. The referees in the English Premier League are way too swayed by the media and managers. They make decisions thinking what the pundits will say instead of refereeing the game in a fair and honest fashion.

So when we put no pressure on them to give our players no protection we end up with our players being kicked too shit. The fact is the Jota sending off has cost when it comes to the opposition and what they can do to us.

I have one problem with Ange and it is the way he deals with Refs. We all know that it would be fine if the Refereeing of football was fair and unbiased but it is not. The referees in the English Premier League are way too swayed by the media and managers. They make decisions thinking what the pundits will say instead of refereeing the game in a fair and honest fashion.

So when we put no pressure on them to give our players no protection we end up with our players being kicked too shit. The fact is the Jota sending off has cost when it comes to the opposition and what they can do to us.
Doesn’t have to be in public at first but I hope we’re going to the relevant bodies with some facts, figures and footage looking for an explanation. The percentage of bookings to fouls ratio for us compared to our opponents has been very suspect this season. Even going all the way back to Brentford, I thought that game we had a bad ref who got influenced by the crowd but it’s carried on from there.

Don’t know if it’s premeditated from the refs or not having a Kane type who’s always in the refs ear asking the right questions but the club need to voice it.

Doesn’t have to be in public at first but I hope we’re going to the relevant bodies with some facts, figures and footage looking for an explanation. The percentage of bookings to fouls ratio for us compared to our opponents has been very suspect this season. Even going all the way back to Brentford, I thought that game we had a bad ref who got influenced by the crowd but it’s carried on from there.

Don’t know if it’s premeditated from the refs or not having a Kane type who’s always in the refs ear asking the right questions but the club need to voice it.

I’ve made some very interesting observations re: cards since the Liverpool game.

Games played: 5

Spurs fouls: 55 (11 per game)
Opposition fouls: 89 (17,8 per game)

Spurs yellow cards: 13 (a yellow every 4,2 fouls)
Opposition yellow cards: 13 (a yellow every 6,8 fouls)

Spurs red cards: 2
Opposition red cards: 0

That’s damning evidence already.

Even worse, most (9 out of 13!) of the opposition bookings have been handed out in the dying minutes when it didn’t matter:

4 of the 13 opposition yellows were Wolves yesterday and they were all handed out in min. 90+4 and 90+7 of the game.

3 out of Chelsea’s 5 yellow cards were handed out in min. 85+ when we were 9 men and behind.

Crystal Palace committed a whopping 19 fouls against us but received their only yellow cards in min. 90+7 and 90+8.

Teams simply do not receive yellow cards against us during the game and when it matters, even though they commit a very high number of fouls. Apart from 4 bookings in 5 games, it’s been mercy-bookings in the dying minutes.

:ange-facepalm2:

I’ve made some very interesting observations re: cards since the Liverpool game.

Even worse, most (9 out of 13!) of the opposition bookings have been handed out in the dying minutes when it didn’t matter:

4 of the 13 opposition yellows were Wolves yesterday and they were all handed out in min. 90+4 and 90+7 of the game.

3 out of Chelsea’s 5 yellow cards were handed out in min. 85+ when we were 9 men and behind.

Crystal Palace committed a whopping 19 fouls against us but received their only yellow cards in min. 90+7 and 90+8.

Teams simply do not receive yellow cards against us during the game and when it matters, even though they commit a very high number of fouls. Apart from 4 bookings in 5 games, it’s been mercy-bookings in the dying minutes.

Madders was the most fouled player on Monday. In our last few matches players are having the shit literally kicked out of them without reprimand.

Where's the protection?

Madders was done on the ankle against palace which could have been a red and didn't even get a yellow. How much has that been the catalyst for his current injury?

Fucking hell, I should never have done the same with Liverpools games.

Now I’m a full blown conspiracy theorist:

Games played: 4

Liverpool fouls: 51 (12.75 per game)
Opposition fouls: 41 (10,25 per game)

Liverpool yellow: 7 (7,3 fouls for every yellow card!!!!)
Opposition yellow: 11 (3,7 fouls for every yellow card)

Liverpool red: 0
Opposition red: 1

Liverpool make DOUBLE the fouls per yellow compared to their opposition, and it’s reversed compared to us…

FUCKING HELL!:angeshock:

Two bad results, one of which was determined by poor decisions from two players and injuries beyond our control, the other of which was determined by a terrible officiating performance and awful quality of depth in our squad and ALREADY people are turning on the manager.

It's a fucking embarrassment quite frankly, I think some people on here are just genuine trolls looking for a rise out of people.

This man has given us such an incredible start in his first season off the back of that absolute shitshow under Conte, playing football that even rivals and neutrals love and some of you lot sound worse than the most BITTER scum fans.

NONE of us expected top six this season, let alone where we are now, so why don't you either get behind him or shut the fuck up?
He has allowed us fans to dream again!
He never said it would be easy and even said himself there will
Be bumps along the road . People are moaning yet we are missing 3 of our back 4 and Maddison - City struggled with Rodri out !
The ball really is in Levys court to improve the depth And then the fun can begin

Victim of his own success. 3 manager of the month in a row. Incredible accomplishment. That had to come to an end at some point.

The one thing most normal people agreed on in the summer was that he would need time and most weren’t expecting a top 4 finish.

Nothings changed IMO. Give him time.
Top 4 and CL qualification this season would be an unexpected bonus.

Personally I love what I’m seeing from the man.
I always laugh at other fan bases for being so fickle yet we have some of the worst as well!
Straight on his back as we lost 2 games back to back and jumping on the manager!

Absolutely. This is the premier league. As David Moyes said, he’s swimming with the sharks now. Integrity gets you nothing.

There was a moment first half where the camera panned to him after they got away with a blatant yellow card push on Hojberg. We’d been pressing and PEH won the ball back high and was just pushed in the back. Ref decided no contact and gave nothing even though we’d have had a great chance without the foul. Ange’s face was pure disbelief.

If he doesn’t find a way to get some pressure on officials, he’s going to be making that face a lot because we will be getting fucked by them all season now.

Couldn’t disagree more - he is 100% correct - the reason var is ruining football is because wankers like klopp and arteta put so much pressure on the officials they don’t want criticism they are leaving more and more decisions to var and likewise var are taking longer and longer to reach the right decision - it’s 100% ruining football

Absolutely. This is the premier league. As David Moyes said, he’s swimming with the sharks now. Integrity gets you nothing.

There was a moment first half where the camera panned to him after they got away with a blatant yellow card push on Hojberg. We’d been pressing and PEH won the ball back high and was just pushed in the back. Ref decided no contact and gave nothing even though we’d have had a great chance without the foul. Ange’s face was pure disbelief.

If he doesn’t find a way to get some pressure on officials, he’s going to be making that face a lot because we will be getting fucked by them all season now.
As the man says himself you take the rough with the smooth - as long as you accept the ref is making honest decisions and officiating with integrity (are you listening you whining scouse wankers) you accept some decisions will be wrong

Couldn’t disagree more - he is 100% correct - the reason var is ruining football is because wankers like klopp and arteta put so much pressure on the officials they don’t want criticism they are leaving more and more decisions to var and likewise var are taking longer and longer to reach the right decision - it’s 100% ruining football

I agree but do you want to take a stand and lose because they only respond to the pressure?
Is it Ange’s job to fix that? He’s just arrived. This is the premier league and guys like Klopp, Pep and Arteta set the culture. If that’s how they win, that’s what you have to do. It’s up to the premier league to fix it if they want to…

Notice how Arteta’s rants and threats have gone completely unpunished? The premier league is obviously happy with that culture because they allow it.

I agree but do you want to take a stand and lose because they only respond to the pressure?
Absofuckinglutely - let’s have a bit of pride and decency and try to do things properly- is that not the true legacy of rowe, bill nic and Burkinshaw etc?

We’ve not won the league in my lifetime (60 next year) much as I’d love us to win a league as much as anyone its not the reason I love this club

I literally got home from the game yesterday to see an ambulance 3 doors down from me - apparently a young father of 2 boys is currently on life support in itu not expected to survive after an internal bleed of some description - kind of brings it home that at the end of the day it’s a game of football !!

i hear what youre saying, but that only makes sense if he came into a successful team and wanted to change things to how he wants. he came into a club that was a mess, largely down to having players that have been here for far too long that are not good enough. they didnt get a whiff in the first 10 games and look how that worked out!

you cant just chuck seasons away in football, you only get so many years in your lifetime.
I don’t think we are throwing this season away though. We’ve had a great start and injuries/suspensions have forced him to shuffle the deck. How does Ange know what areas he must improve the squad in if he doesn’t have a look at how certain players cope with his tactics?

You can say “oh it’s obvious that Dier/Davies/Hojbjerg can’t cope!”, I agree certainly on Dier and think the other two should be fringe squad player for now. I also think that we clearly need a 3rd CB, ideally a LCB/FB hybrid to upgrade on Davies.

On the flip side, very few of us saw Porro and Udogie as being able to cope in a back 4, before Ange played them there.

Absofuckinglutely - let’s have a bit of pride and decency and try to do things properly- is that not the true legacy of rowe, bill nic and Burkinshaw etc?

We’ve not won the league in my lifetime (60 next year) much as I’d love us to win a league as much as anyone its not the reason I love this club

I literally got home from the game yesterday to see an ambulance 3 doors down from me - apparently a young father of 2 boys is currently on life support in itu not expected to survive after an internal bleed of some description - kind of brings it home that at the end of the day it’s a game of football !!

Hope the guy is ok.

Not sure I agree with you. But I live abroad and don’t go to games very often. Going to a game is about more than just the football, I fully agree and in that respect.

For me as a fan just watching the game, VAR and now an official have made me lose interest in two games in a row. I’m expecting one or the other against Villa as they are the new darlings so I doubt I’ll bother watching next week.

I always laugh at other fan bases for being so fickle yet we have some of the worst as well!
Straight on his back as we lost 2 games back to back and jumping on the manager!

I think some were just waiting for it. The support in supporters doesn’t exist for a certain type of person.

Ange has been in the job for a few months. That’s the issue with modern football. Managers need time to instil ideas and get the players they need. And they often don’t get it. I think supporters play a big part in that process too

Calls for Phillips to start as well. He’s 18 I think? A kid. Crazy it’s even been discussed as an option. That buy for me just shouted one for the future. Not one to be playing against Man City in December.
Imagine if he’s up against Haaland. Be eaten alive. So to speak.

But that’s where our squad is. That’s what the manager has at his disposal.

Why do so many FC forum members get so attached and obsessed with our managers?

I remember the Conte love-in. He could sleep with your wife and you’d still not accept anything negative said about him.

Same now with Flange. He’s never good enough for a big club like Spurs. It will end in tears.

Poch needs to come back home.

Just read through your recent posts. You’re obviously either a Chelsea or Woolwich fan.

Why don’t you just fuck off and get a life, rather than being a WUM on Spurs forums. Pathetic little prick.

Back
Top Bottom