Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We were on the back end of Conte and the club was in a complete shambles and we were signing a manager with zero PL experience after sacking multiple managers in just a few years.

It was a hardly an extreme take at the time, I will allow you the quote though as I did say quote me lol. :ange-hands-head:
I didn't think he would last until Christmas :ange-lol:

Never doubted Ange although I definitely doubted the move to Tottenham as a whole (from an outsiders view - basket case club, bad rep owner etc).

We were on the back end of Conte and the club was in a complete shambles and we were signing a manager with zero PL experience after sacking multiple managers in just a few years.

It was a hardly an extreme take at the time, I will allow you the quote though as I did say quote me lol. :ange-hands-head:
To be fair, there were about 700 posts you'd select for a 'told ya so' ahead of yours, but none of those said quote me, so... 🤣

"You talk about the lads getting around the bench, part of that is because they have merited it and part of that is because of the injuries. There's always that factor there, but they've got to do it consistently. It doesn't just come because you've done it for a month, you have to do it consistently just for the next 20 odd years. That's the level."

Who knew that would be a sensible idea 🤣

If it was Jose or Conte ball, it wasn't a good idea at all.

It makes sense now because Ange ball fits the ethos of what this club is meant to be all about and also it's a style where every player has to really play football and be good technically. This os great for young players because they can stay position non-specific as long as possible and just develop as football players.

If it was Jose or Conte ball, it wasn't a good idea at all.

It makes sense now because Ange ball fits the ethos of what this club is meant to be all about and also it's a style where every player has to really play football and be good technically. This os great for young players because they can stay position non-specific as long as possible and just develop as football players.
Perhaps not, but whether we liked it or not, the academy being coached how the first team plays is better for their progression and possible integration to the first team. Even conte or Jose ball.

Perhaps not, but whether we liked it or not, the academy being coached how the first team plays is better for their progression and possible integration to the first team. Even conte or Jose ball.

I think definitely by the u21/ PL2 age but you'd never want Conte or Jose senior football to influence what you team U18, u16 and below IMO.

Managers have been trying to find Ange out wherever he goes, so it’s not like he has one immovable philosophy. He will tweak things as he anticipates that he needs to. What will be interesting is if he stays with Spurs for more than three years, how he adapts to a longer tenure as manager, as he’s not really done that before.
I feel that understanding Ange doesn't mean you can stop it. Bit like pep and klopp: we all know how they play but it's a whole different ball game trying to prevent it!

It still amazes me that this is probably the first time ever that there seems to be a clear idea from the ground level to the first team.
Didn't Poch do that as well though? I remember reading that he wanted the same thing coached from youth to the first team so it made transitioning up a level easier. Don't get me wrong, i'm happy with the direct of the on-field play, new executive team and the ethos through the club but parts have been in sync before

Really good to hear that our academy sides are being coached to play the same system as our first team.
It's exactly what Roar did when he joined. I was coaching Queensland Lions (Roar youth) when he joined, and the structure of the coaching, from top to bottom, changed almost overnight. Essentially, they looked at Ajax and adopted their approach, with a style that was heavily weighted towards 'Total Football.'

It was brilliant in all honesty. Everyone, from the kids, to the coaches absolutely loved the directive as it made concentration on the technical side a lot of fun for the kids. As a result, their skillsets took a quantum leap forward, compared to what we had before, not just for the kids but for the coaches too.

I seriously considered going for my coaching badges as a result of that but, alas, I ended up doing fly in-fly out works so had to quit.

Back
Top Bottom