Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The simple truth is keeping Conte no longer makes any sense. His appointment as was Jose Mourinho an attempt to wring a trophy and ECL out of the current aged squad. This has failed. We all know we are looking at the now unavoidably break up of this aged squad. Kane,Loris, Doherty, Winks, Dier, Son, Perisic, Royal. None of these players have a long term future at the club.

I dont think a sale is imminent. The plan under Enic reverts to what it was prior to Pochettino's last 18 months. If they sell anything above a 25% peice of the club then this changes, but as it stands its about buying young players with a high ceiling and the odd player of slight older profile at the end of their contract.

Conte did not sign to turn Djed Spence into an international footballer, or Dane Scarlett or anyone else. So now we need a coach who accepts this is his job and is happy to get results whilst doing so. The sooner we terminate the contract of Parasiti and release Conte and Kane the sooner the future begins.

Are you confident with the way we are playing and this style of play that we will do it this time?

We still have to play five of the "big six" and our record against them this year makes for grim reading. One solitary point. So that's at least 14 of those points fucked. To rivals, so we'd be further away.

Brentford and Fulham are right on our tails too. Within weeks we could be down in the bottom half of the table, with 10-12 points to make up.

Nothing in my post suggests I was confident we could achieve it. I simply said we were within reach. That's a simple fact.

Why keep Conte on, when he isn't committed to the club when we are still WITHIN REACH of top four when we could try something new, actually plan ahead and try get some positivity around the club and push on?

It's like saying why sack a manager fighting relegation and try something new? "We're fucked as it is so might aswell stay how we are and put up no fight. Oh well."

It's not some new concept.

Nothing in my post suggests I was confident we could achieve it. I simply said we were within reach. That's a simple fact.

Why keep Conte on, when he isn't committed to the club when we are still WITHIN REACH of top four when we could try something new, actually plan ahead and try get some positivity around the club and push on?
Oh, I totally agree with that. I misunderstood your reply then - I think it's unlikely WITH Conte, totally achievable if things change. This approach is not working. If he's off anyway then off him now.

I think it's the right decision, I cant really say I'll miss him but I'm glad he was here. Gave us some hope after the dreadful start to last season where I genuinely thought we would finish midtable.

Hopefully he can win us the fa cup before he goes.

Oh, I totally agree with that. I misunderstood your reply then - I think it's unlikely WITH Conte, totally achievable if things change. This approach is not working. If he's off anyway then off him now.

I agree.

I don't think the players have given up, by any stretch of the imagination, but they clearly know he isn't committed and probably hear talks that he isn't going to be staying on.

That doesn't help anyone. We might go on a run, we did last year, but it's hard to see where that's coming from. Because we can all see how the Fulham game pans out can't we?

Great opportunity to go within 3 points off fourth place, create a bit of a gap between us and those below, but we'll start slowly, Fulham will take it to us, an individual error will cost us and we'll spend the rest of the game chasing.

Something new and fresh is needed. If it doesn't get us what we want by end of the season? We'll atleast we tried.

I agree.

I don't think the players have given up, by any stretch of the imagination, but they clearly know he isn't committed and probably hear talks that he isn't going to be staying on.

That doesn't help anyone. We might go on a run, we did last year, but it's hard to see where that's coming from. Because we can all see how the Fulham game pans out can't we?

Great opportunity to go within 3 points off fourth place, create a bit of a gap between us and those below, but we'll start slowly, Fulham will take it to us, an individual error will cost us and we'll spend the rest of the game chasing.

Something new and fresh is needed. If it doesn't get us what we want by end of the season? We'll atleast we tried.

Fergie's team went to shit when he said he was retiring. He then u-turned. The season he actually retired he didn't reveal it until the very end.

We all know Conte has a certain way of playing, we all know he lacks the players to execute it. Add in uncertainty, continual mistakes AND players he won't drop and it all adds up to the mother of all fuck ups.

I wonder if Sonny's new contract has it in that he has to play; people speculated that was in Kane's.

Nobody should be undroppable. Who gives a fuck if Korean fans paid to see Son and he isn't playing? 62,000 people paid to not watch a load of dog shit.

It needs to change. If he's too stubborn to, then Levy needs to sack him.

Back
Top Bottom