Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So what would've happened had the gamble not pay off? Would they "do a Leeds"? Because I'm 100000% certain that wouldn't be the case. This whole gamble nonsense narrative is sickening. Top 6 clubs are too fucking rich to care about gambling regarding a philosophy...

"Top 6 clubs" (now 7) as a notion is too broad a term in this respect.

Clubs like us, Arse & maybe Liverpool are diff. to the other 4 in this respect; maybe not bankruptcy and relegation, but bad deals CAN hamper in one way or another.

So what would've happened had the gamble not pay off? Would they "do a Leeds"? Because I'm 100000% certain that wouldn't be the case. This whole gamble nonsense narrative is sickening. Top 6 clubs are too fucking rich to care about gambling regarding a philosophy...

They haven't "gambled" their future, but they've taken a risk with the funding and support. They've fully backed him in a way that Emery and our managers have not been. I suspect that if they failed this season that might have been it for Arteta perhaps, but with a young squad ready to be moulded by the next guy. They've binned almost all their shit. Ours still starts.

That's just wrong though. Emery signed Pepe, Torreira, Tierney, Saliba etc. over a year and a half, while offering stupid contracts to the likes of Aubameyang and Lacazette as well. They did back him.

Where are Pepe, Torreira, Aubameyang and Lacazette now? Surplus to requirements and the team is better for it. Tierney is barely even first choice now, and Saliba is only now getting his chance.

Where are Pepe, Torreira, Aubameyang and Lacazette now? Surplus to requirements and the team is better for it. Tierney is barely even first choice now, and Saliba is only now getting his chance.
Yes, which proves my point. They gambled with Emery, backed him and failed. It doesn't seem to have impacted them in the long run does it?

Yes, which proves my point. They gambled with Emery, backed him and failed. It doesn't seem to have impacted them in the long run does it?

No, because they fucked it all off.

Sessegnon, Dier, Davies, Lloris all still start games - I know everyone is currently anti-Hugo, but Woolwich have let two decent keepers go whilst we still rely on a 36 year old past his best.

Sanchez is still here, Lo Celso, NDombele, Winks, are still our players (albeit on loan). Woolwich flushed anyone not wanted for whatever price. To get them gone and start again.

That's the gamble. That's the bravery. That's what we need. Not going to happen.

Told you that’s what’s happened. It’s levy not wanting to renew and not Conte.

You said a couple of days ago that Conte had thrown in the towel cos he'd been lied too..... Then you said changed tact and said that it's all media hot air and mis-quotes....... You seem to be throwing rather a lot of shit at the wall to be claiming clairvoyance.

No, because they fucked it all off.

Sessegnon, Dier, Davies, Lloris all still start games - I know everyone is currently anti-Hugo, but Woolwich have let two decent keepers go whilst we still rely on a 36 year old past his best.

Sanchez is still here, Lo Celso, NDombele, Winks, are still our players (albeit on loan). Woolwich flushed anyone not wanted for whatever price. To get them gone and start again.

That's the gamble. That's the bravery. That's what we need. Not going to happen.
Which in this case means that they didn't gamble, because they could afford to do it again, so they didn't "bet the farm on it".

This goes against your first point.

Which begs the question (that you also answered to be frank), if Woolwich could do it, with less revenue than us, why the fuck doesn't this cunt of a chairman do it?

Which in this case means that they didn't gamble, because they could afford to do it again, so they didn't "bet the farm on it".

This goes against your first point.

Which begs the question (that you also answered to be frank), if Wollwich could do it, with less revenue than us, why the fuck doesn't this cunt of a chairman do it?

Because he's a cunt of a chairman!

I'm not sure that you can do it all again though. Writing off an entire squad at a loss of £128m is one thing, doing it again (whilst spending vast sums) would be the risk. It's not something anyone can afford to do. Except Chelsea it seems.

You said a couple of days ago that Conte had thrown in the towel cos he'd been lied too..... Then you said changed tact and said that it's all media hot air and mis-quotes....... You seem to be throwing rather a lot of shit at the wall to be claiming clairvoyance.

Doesn’t matter anyway as it seems di marzio has jumped the gun.

Back
Top Bottom