Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Howe has got the bar codes competitive in less time and got to a final. Seems to have them better organised in defence than our defensive coach whose it’s his speciality.
We have a defensive coach???
:andros:

Is it this guy:

Steve Harvey Wow GIF by NBC

The point I was replying to was that our owners weren't spending on players and therefore can't 'compete'.

We have spent - a lot.

So, either we have

1. Poor quality players
2. Poor quality coaching staff
3. Poor quality tactics

We have changed the players. We have changed the coaching staff. We have tried different tactics.

Same result. We are the nearly team - not quite good enough - which is Exactly where we are expected to be with the quality of players we have compared to the likes of City, Chelsea (gulp), United, Liverpool.

Fans crying about only getting top 4 - something other teams (including Woolwich) only dream about the last few seasons. How many teams get to a champions league final? Even PSG can't buy their way past the last 16.

Should we have won a few domestic cups along the way - sure, and its rotten luck that we didn't.

We are the 4th best, in the toughest league in the world. Enjoy it, or go support Man City.
Either???

Either???

Well, let's see.

1. Poor quality players

Kane and Son - best strike partnership in the prem for a number of seasons.
Richarlison, Kulusevski, Bentencaur, Holjberg, Romero - Top quality players
Emerson, Porro, Lenglet, Skipp, Dier, Peresic - I certainly wouldn't rate these as poor players.

I'd say its actually more that we don't have the right players. We have zero creativity in midfield.

2. Poor quality coaching staff

Conte and his staff come with a decent league pedigree - albeit poor in knockout comps.

3. Poor quality tactics

Well, we are 3rd in goals scored in the prem - but watching games it appears we have no clue going forward what to do with the ball.

Defensively we seem to be a mess, but we also seem to concede a fair chunk of 'worldies' from the other team - Rotten luck!

I was 'over the moon' (to use an old school cliche) when we got Conte, and other clubs' supporters were s****ing themselves, because they thought he would make us successful.
I could just about stomach turgid football if we were winning 1-0 every week, but we're playing a defensive formation and can't keep a clean sheet!
I know he's had a tough time of it lately from a personal point of view, but think he should have just taken a "sickie" until the end of the season and then cited that he was homesick /wanted to be with his family, which is fair enough. However, he should forfeit his salary and accept statutory sick pay, I'm sure his earnings to date will ensure he won't starve!
Just take the next plane to Italy and let us try to recover as best we can.
He won’t man has no moral compass. When he joined he must have decided with his family that they would stay in Italy. Up until the WC wasn’t an issue. No things have gone sour it’s all personal issues. We were playing crap from the start of the season.
Ok he has lost some people recently not sure how close he was to them however when my father passed away I had to get back to work after the usual amount of time off. We can’t let things go otherwise ne out of a job. Remember he is paid £15M yr to compensate for his family sacrifices. If his homesick or missing them now then bloody leave. But he won’t he wants to stay till June or be sacked. He can’t have it both ways. He doesn’t miss his family he misses the money!

That shouldn't even be an argument. Levy has definitely paid more to sack a manager than the 5-6 mil it would cost to sack Conte.
We might still get top 4 or europa league with new manager…. Not getting top 8 with wiggy.
There again if we stick with him and don’t get any European football levy can say no big name signing want to join because we are out of Europe and he can buy even cheaper signings to foister on the new manager.!
It’s all about the money!

We might still get top 4 or europa league with new manager…. Not getting top 8 with wiggy.
There again if we stick with him and don’t get any European football levy can say no big name signing want to join because we are out of Europe and he can buy even cheaper signings to foister on the new manager.!
It’s all about the money!
Honestly, with our track record when it comes to spending big money, does anyone even care about this anymore???

What do you want, 5 Richarlisons, 3 Ndombeles and a couple of Sanchezes next summer?

That'll make us compete...

I could take him leaving with a bit of chaos if we had actually won something but we seem to be in a complete mess from top to bottom with an huge job ahead over a few years for the next guy in .

Back
Top Bottom