Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We aren't changing the manager, if we were 8th and then got knocked out Wednesday then maybe.
Conte is still more then capable to put a run of 4 or 5 wins together and achieve Daniels main target of 4th

Were as poch doesn't no a thing about
Sarr
Holjberg
Kulu
Romero
Lenglet
Porro
Emerson
Forster
Perisic
Richarlison

So would likely be heavily relying on mason, and needing a couple months to get his methods across and get those lot to walk through fire for him.

If conte is up for giving his all for just 3 months when he gets back before he goes back to Italy permanently then I think that's the best we can do right now

Give poch pre season and fresh start
care to rethink your stance? I said The Milan game would be telling from both a Manager and player POV. It's highly unlikely he will still be here after the weekend

Yeh... Not what your last post said tho is it.......?
My last post was saying that Conte wouldn't be at the club if it wasn't for the disastrous appointment of Nuno, which is true. Unless you think if they had made a successful appointment they still would have sacked the manager and brought in Conte.

My last post was saying that Conte wouldn't be at the club if it wasn't for the disastrous appointment of Nuno, which is true.

Not really...... What makes that true?

As I already said, we only ended up with Nuno in the first place cos Conte said no..... And you literally just acknowledged that.

Unless you think if they had made a successful appointment they still would have sacked the manager and brought in Conte.

See above........

Not really...... What makes that true?

As I already said, we only ended up with Nuno in the first place cos Conte said no..... And you literally just acknowledged that.

See above........
Not at all, I did not say that. You are saying that.

Not at all, I did not say that. You are saying that.

Your words (the 2nd time around): "We ended up with Nuno because ENIC couldn't find good candidates who wanted the job."

....Conte being that Prime candidate as early as June '21.

Your words (the 2nd time around): "We ended up with Nuno because ENIC couldn't find good candidates who wanted the job."

....Conte being that Prime candidate as early as June '21.
That's not me acknowledging that we ended with Nuno because Conte said no, it's ENIC's fault that they didn't find the right candidates. It's not Conte's fault that ENIC chose Nuno.

That's not me acknowledging that we ended with Nuno because Conte said no, it's ENIC's fault that they didn't find the right candidates.

If Conte would have said yes..... Would we have hired Nuno?

No......

It's not Conte's fault that ENIC chose Nuno.

Of course not - I'm not wagging a finger at AC - but the chain of events remain the same.

However your "If we hadn't hired Nuno then Conte wouldn't be here now" thing is just as weird as (if not weirder than) thinking that.

If Conte would have said yes..... Would we have hired Nuno?

No......
He didn't say yes and ENIC did hire Nuno out of all the other candidates.
Of course not - I'm not wagging a finger at AC - but the chain of events remain the same.

However your "If we hadn't hired Nuno then Conte wouldn't be here now" thing is just as weird as (if not weirder than) thinking that.
Not weird at all, it's the truth. They didn't realise that candidates could say no?

Can anyone think of 1 good reason as to why they might be keeping him? Levy and the board are 100% responsible for this, regardless of what you think of Conte, he’s not going to walk away from millions. The useless bald cunt at the top has the power to stop him but he’s sitting doing nothing.

If I had to guess it's because unlike us they aren't emotionally invested like us idiot fans.

Conte has saved them paying appearance bonuses to profitless domestic cup games, the team is sitting in 4th and on track to win the enic cup, and the entire fanbase is fuming at Conte not Levy.

The second Conte fucks off all the fans will turn their artillery towards Daniel. He'll need a shiny new manager to hold as a shield for when that takes place. We all know it will happen. It's just a matter of timing at this point.

Conte patronising and mocking of Tottenham was quite disrespectful. Talking about the history of Spurs and Milan.

Well we’ve already knocked AC Milan out of europe before. We’ve reached a CL final. We’ve won knockout games.

So lets talk about the history of the Antonio Conte. Hasnt won a knockout game in the CL since 2013, a decade ago. Atrocious statistic for a so called elite manager considering the clubs he has managed.

Maybe he needs to look internally as to why he is such an utter failure in european competitions.

Conte patronising and mocking of Tottenham was quite disrespectful. Talking about the history of Spurs and Milan.

Well we’ve already knocked AC Milan out of europe before. We’ve reached a CL final. We’ve won knockout games.

So lets talk about the history of the Antonio Conte. Hasnt won a knockout game in the CL since 2013, a decade ago. Atrocious statistic for a so called elite manager considering the clubs he has managed.

Maybe he needs to look internally as to why he is such an utter failure in european competitions.
What often gets conflated is the history of spurs not winning anything and the actual reality of it only applying to modern history. I.e. since ENIC took over.

Can anyone think of 1 good reason as to why they might be keeping him? Levy and the board are 100% responsible for this, regardless of what you think of Conte, he’s not going to walk away from millions. The useless bald cunt at the top has the power to stop him but he’s sitting doing nothing.

Are we still paying nunos wages? If we are then we have to pay off antonio and then if they want poch pay for him as well. Levy might not want to cough up 2-3 months wages for another manager and is thinking he will let conte see this out. But it could get toxic this weekend if we don't see the right result on saturday.

What I don't want though is another shambolic manager search that goes on a month after the season ends.

No not really, while we're still in the hunt for 4th he isn't leaving
Depressing to think that all we really care about is getting 4th place. We don't try to actually win the CL. It's only the revenue that seems to be important. However, as revenue is DL's main target, then we will always be the team struggling for 4th because there's no real need in his eyes for us to improve. Our new motto should be:
FOURTH IS GOOD ENOUGH

Are we still paying nunos wages? If we are then we have to pay off antonio and then if they want poch pay for him as well. Levy might not want to cough up 2-3 months wages for another manager and is thinking he will let conte see this out. But it could get toxic this weekend if we don't see the right result on saturday.

What I don't want though is another shambolic manager search that goes on a month after the season ends.
Annouce Mason

Perhaps our next manager is still in a job and we're waiting until the end of the seson?

Even so, limping along with this waste until then is a fucking disaster.

And fuck only knows what that other Italian fuckwit will bring in.
If we appoint anyone other than Gallardo or Poch, then we're fools. And both are available right now, so let's get it done!

Back
Top Bottom