Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I guess the lazy narrative is "His tactics lost us the game"

Not at all.

We all watched the game. Most of us who understand football know that there was nothing wrong with our tactics today. Lloris' individual error cost us the second goal after we ended the first half the much better team. Perisic, with all his experience, decided to have his worst game in a Spurs shirt and Son was back to pre-Leicetser hattrick performances by not being able to do anything on or off the ball.

Woolwich were always going to come out of the blocks in that game. They've done it all season and they always do it against us at home. Having three in midfield wouldn't have changed that. And it's laughable and lazy to think it would have done.

Arsenals attacks came from out wide and it's where they looked most dangerous. So why on earth would having a third man in midfield have made a difference?

Yes, we'd all have loved to have seen 352. It's what most of us wanted. But it didn't happen. What did happen is an atrocious refereeing performance that saw Woolwich get away with plenty of yellow card offences and one of our men getting sent off for just that, a yellow card offence. Perisic being passive defensively, Lloris making an error and Son not being able to link up with anything were bigger reasons why we failed to get something from todays game.

Not a lack of a third midfielder.

In fact, if Emerson didn't get sent off, it's more likely we end up getting a point from the game as opposed to losing.

It was after he faced Woolwich when he decided to switch from 4231 to 343 at Chelsea. Time to switch to 352 I think

That Chelsea team up to that point had just dropped 8 points in their previous 3 games by using a system that didn't suit it's players..

I doubt losing to a good Woolwich side 3-1 away from home, where we always tend to drop points, is going to change the mind of a man who has just lost his first league game in 6 months mate.

I dont think anyone else would have got us top 4 last season, including Klopp and Guardiola. Thought it was a much underrated achievement. Have to be totally honest though, this football isnt for me. Sure anyone can be a bit crap a game or two but its become a habit now and been pretty much everygame this season and then think back to Burnley x2, Brighton, Brentford last season. Not saying i want him out now as that would be daft but if he left at the end of the season i wont be shedding any tears. Its not about losing a game, or not competing for the league, its purely the stodgy, workmanlike football and his preference for some quite average jobbing footballers.

Dark Jonas GIF by NETFLIX

his favouritism for son and emerson has killed us all season, the footballs been shit and the results have been a struggle. its actually fucking strange at this point. he must have personal issues with some other players in the squad because the minutes son and emerson have racked up this season are not merited.

Back
Top Bottom