Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think significant portion of the players are saving energy for the World Cup and trying to put in the bare minimum. Explains why we look so bad until we go behind.

As poor as we’ve looked for the last month we are still top 4 and in the last 16 of the Champions League. If we look this terrible after the break there’s a decision to be made but sacking Conte now would be a big mistake.
Ok, so that explains Bentancur, Kane, PEH, Bissouma, Perisic, Richarlison, Son.

What about the rest of them? Dier, Royal, Sess, Lenglet, Sanchez?

Fuck him off before he takes the piss at the end of the season and walks anyway

That's coming ......
Then I'm so glad you aren't in charge of anything Spurs related in that case... The squad is crying out for investment and our current manager is carrying that torch more than anyone. You asking for "anyone attacking" really doesn't help anything does it... You're just offering up Enic the option of carrying on this merry-go-round rather than actually investing in our squad.

117 messages in 8 years ...... You iz busy?

Puts Kane on there with a bunch of defensive lumps that can't create for him.

Puts on creators and takes off Kane.

Spence showed more attacking intent than either of our 2 failure RWBs.

Wtf is he doing.
exactly this. its like hes doing it on purpose. its complete fucking nonsense, hes killing us. chelsea fans must be fucking loving it

He'll be gone by the end of the year one way or another but it's not the manager's fault. We just genuinely having terrible players at almost every position.

How many managers do we have to go through before we realise the common denominator is these players?

I have been having conte doubts for a while.
1 sign a contract stop this dance show some love for the club. If you feel you been let down by levy you can always leave you won't want for offers or money.
2. We haven't beaten a top six side all season.
3. Stubbornness everyone knows I mean everyone knows that docerty is better than royal but royal will probably start Saturday.
4 poor starts to games if its a tactic to preserve players all it means we have to work twice as hard second halfvrecovering positions from lethargic starts
5. Player selection how Spencer has only got 30 minutes all season is ridiculous all because he was bought over his head.

Now it's not terminal but if the above are not addressed in the second half of the season I can see troubles ahead hopefully his world class mamagement skills can pull this back. And there only doubts I am not conte out. But the danger signs are there.

wait when we get simeone next
Season 2 Smh GIF by The Lonely Island

Ask yourself how'd you feel if Spurs announced a new year four year contract for Conte tomorrow. That will tell you where you are with him.

The thing that dissapoints me most is i thought he was a great tactical manager but theres nothing there as far as i can see. Its the same thing week in week out. His treatment of Spence and Gil is just petty point scoring. The style or lack thereof is AVB and Mourinho territory. Its not for me. I dont know what we do or when. I guess he has to have time after the world cup to see if things pick up but unless there is a dramatic improvement i'd like to see someone different next season. Just cant hack this football. Lets be honest its 2000's Stoke and 2010's Burnley.

Yep, the lack of anything positive that marks us out is a massive issue..

Nothing we can say we are best at

Howe has instilled more at Newcastle in less time.

The biggest clue as to what the players are up to is to look at Bentancur and see how he actually wants to do well consistently and puts a proper shift every week, whilst the rest of them are probably half eyeing the World Cup. Let’s see what 1/ investment in January will do (if we’ll get it) 2/ players returned from injuries 3/ a proper run of our best 11. Then we can say better if Conte is at fault for all of this.

He's making mistakes for sure in player selection

However we can't be asking for him to be sacked this fucking squad is a mumble fucking jumble mess from 4 managers in 5 years now.

If we want to stay he needs backing in Jan and the shit needs moving simple as because these same cunts got Poch the sack, threw Jose under the bus, Nuno fair enough fuck him, but now can't play footy for Conte

I’m gladly saying it’s great that his contract expires in the summer. Imagine watching this for 5 years, Mourinho, Nuno and now Conte. It’s not worth it👎🏻
Yeah that out of contract status is starting to look like a bit of a plus at this point. But the problem is where does that leave the January window... younger players to maybe suit the next manager but who Conte probably wont pick or Conte type players knowing he'll likely be off in 6 months?

Back
Top Bottom