Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

New starting rwb, lwb, two new cb's obviously badly needed. And another rotation cb.

Beyond that, rotate the damned team. Liverpool played Melkamu Frauendorf, Calvin Ramsey, Layton Stewart, Sedan Bazcejtic and Bobby Clark tonight. And won the game on pens. Spence, Gil, Sarr, Tanganga... these guys are training all year, the least you can do is give them a run out in the cup game along with 4/5 starters, they will reward you with effort and drive, you might even find that one or two of them are worth more minutes. Don't particularly care that we're out of the league cup, but the manner of it is extremely disappointing.
and goalkeeper.

the CB's and a wing back are needed in jan too. we aint going to get away with being riddled with donkeys at the back this year. its well and truly gone off

Keep switching between accounts you loser
You’re 14 years old. It’s the only explanation for your manic anger.

I log into here once a day, if that. And you’re always in here - shouting at everyone, swearing at anyone who will listen like an edge lord.

And if anyone disagrees with you or challenges your posts, you throw a hissy and put them on ignore.

You’re definitely a youngster.

Like mentioned before, the rebuild word in football drives me mad. Apart from Poch when has a manager at this club in recent years ever been given three years? We basically force managers out nowadays with crappy attitudes.

Also, Eddie Howe... I bet you any money when they lost to Cambridge United in the FA Cup last season all their fans wanted him out. Newcastle are a pathetic club to compare us to anyway, they've been run terribly over the years and struck lucky with a state taking them over in a corrupt deal.
We're heading for a rebuild with Conte or someone else, only difference Kane and maybe Son probably stay with Conte. We need to move on 8 or 9 players, Lloris is knackered , Son is fading Perisic is 34 and Doc, Emerson, Tanganga, Sanchez, Moura and Dier arent good enough. I'd rather have that longer term view for a rebuild not still holding it together with sticking plasters and giving Kane and Son another 3 years. I dont care about Newcastles history but the fact they have been a joke club shows how quickly they've turned it around with £200m in 2 windows. We're in a better position than them so why does it have to take years?

What about last season though?

Do you fail to see anything positive Conte has done for us? Or is it easier just to be negative?

Pochettino got to a CL final and then was sacked months later. That's how much last season matters.

This season the football has been abysmally bad and is only getting worse as the season goes on. We haven't scored in a first half for 8 games. We have one win in our last 7 games, and that was a last minute winner.

That's after 170 million was invested in players Conte wanted. Why have we gone backwards, where's this progression? I'd expect to see the patterns setting in a bit more now, the squad looking more likely, the signings improving us. None of this has happened.

We're heading for a rebuild with Conte or someone else, only difference Kane and maybe Son probably stay with Conte. We need to move on 8 or 9 players, Lloris is knackered , Son is fading Perisic is 34 and Doc, Emerson, Tanganga, Sanchez, Moura and Dier arent good enough. I'd rather have that longer term view for a rebuild not still holding it together with sticking plasters and giving Kane and Son another 3 years. I dont care about Newcastles history but the fact they have been a joke club shows how quickly they've turned it around with £200m in 2 windows. We're in a better position than them so why does it have to take years?
Yeah, so we have a good core of say 7/8 players, the others I agree do need upgrading in the first 11 but how can you blame Conte when he has only been here for 12 months? He's working with players you're saying aren't good enough yet you expect Conte to work miracles with them?

This is my point, you need to give a manager a chance. If we sack Conte, all that is gonna happen is the same players will get another chance and we'll be back to having these conversations again. Give Conte January, he's proved he can sign decent players and let the club get rid of a few more.

Not even going into the Newcastle debate when Spurs has been run 20 times better than Newcastle over the years. Them getting taken over by a corrupt regime will not change that imo.

This is my point, you need to give a manager a chance. If we sack Conte, all that is gonna happen is the same players will get another chance and we'll be back to having these conversations again. Give Conte January, he's proved he can sign decent players and let the club get rid of a few more.

Don't need to sack him. Give him till the end of the season. If it's anything like this or barely any improvement then let him go to Juventus or wherever, and appoint somebody more long term.

What we certainly, 100% shouldn't be doing is giving him a new contract anytime soon.

And if anyone disagrees with you or challenges your posts, you throw a hissy and put them on ignore.
No, only if the person is someone who has no fucking clue but acts like a fucking smart ass smug. I actually never avoided admitting when I was wrong.

Btw how is your man Poch doing? Heard he’s managing some big club atm. Oh wait

Yeah, so we have a good core of say 7/8 players, the others I agree do need upgrading in the first 11 but how can you blame Conte when he has only been here for 12 months? He's working with players you're saying aren't good enough yet you expect Conte to work miracles with them?

Not even going into the Newcastle debate when Spurs has been run 20 times better than Newcastle over the years. Them getting taken over by a corrupt regime will not change that imo.
I probably would give him January but its the terrible football and the stuborness. Yes he's been here 12 months, should we be playing like we have all season? He's precided over cup exits at Middlesborough and Forest since he's been here. We're regressing from what he showed last season, there have been no improvements despite 6 new players in the summer. We have a lot of shit defenders but that doesnt stop you scoring or even looking like scoring for 8 first halfs on the spin. You cant live on last season forever, Ranieri and Mourinho got sacked around this time after winning a title.

End of the day, I just struggle to see how anyone can seriously still be trying to blame the manager.

In my opinion, the entire situation we find ourselves in can be narrowed down to a woefully stale and just straight up finished squad at the tail end of Poch’s tenure still stuttering due to the largely cheap, half arsed efforts to freshen said squad up.

The transfers since the Summer of 2020 have largely been appalling.

Barring Romero, Bentancur and Kulu, you’re left with a combination of past it cast offs from former top clubs (Perisic, Lenglet), mid table premier league players, Doherty, Hojbjerg (don’t care how much passion he has, he’s a bang average midfielder) Bissouma (jury still very much out, hasn’t improved our midfield one iota) Richarlison (see PEH, don’t care how passionate and how much of a shithouse he is, he is never a 60 million pound player) and just overall terribly scouted players and cheap punts (Emerson, Spence, Rodon, Forster, Gil, Vinicius) etc etc etc.

It’s our recruitment that is and always will be the major downfall of this football club, and the crux of how bad the recruitment is will always fall back on our owners and their cost saving, “trying to be clever” (to quote Pochettino) tried and contantly failed techniques.

We have tried every single style and type of manager under these current owners and we still cannot seem to bridge the gap. At what point must the penny drop for some people?

I'm disappointed in Conte.

I don't expect miracles and am quite pragmatic but it's the lack of identity

We simply aren't anything and that's not good enough but it's also a big surprise.

In the round of course it looks okay but it had looked so much better a few short weeks ago.

So it appears it's built on nothing concrete, which is why Conte was supposedly brought to the club.

Tuchel or Pochettino loom on the horizon..
Tuchel would be idiotic and id probably stop following football.

Just like practically everyone on this forum I reaalllly wanted this to work out, I mean who didn't have stars in their eyes when we first heard news Antonio fucking Conte was going to be our new manager??!

But I can feel it in my loooins, there's been a change in the force field tonight, the fanbase is very quickly turning on him. At this point I wouldn't even be surprised if we woke up tomorrow morning and he's been sacked. If not tomorrow, then after the leeds game if we lose.

People saying they want Conte sacked lol

This is the only manager who isn't gonna stand for Levy's BS and will get some sort of backing, no one else is putting the kind of pressure on him.

Because if we sack him we are back to sq 1 you know that right.

And despite all the fuckery and annoying stuff that Conte does I will still maintain no one else would get as much out of the squad of players we have because we have large doses of shit that have no business playing for Tottenham.

So just chill

Either give him 300m to rebuild this squad or call it a day and get a project manager and do it all on the cheap as usual.

Its actually boring this now.

Fuck this guy. Sick of his shit now.

He doesn't rotate for a league cup game so the players he plays do so with the minimum amount of effort as they're tired and want to avoid injuries.

Games like this should at least see the likes of Gil and Sarr get significant minutes.

I posted this exactly a year ago and most of you slated me for it.

It’s because you turn up only when we lose or struggle. Most of us can criticise and question Conte just as we can appreciate it when he gets things right, like the run to the end of last season (or is that just a selective blank in your memory?).

Conte ball is what it is, and I agree with what some here have said that if he stops winning, the questions will grow and get louder. For me, I’m just tired of the manager revolving door. The way this club is set up, footballing-wise, I’ve little confidence that the next manager, whoever he is, will be our saviour.

Back
Top Bottom