Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Conte really doesn't deserve the absolute slagging off he's getting from some people (that not he gives a damm) as he has definitely improved us over the year.

I don't want to see him sacked, nothing will change. Chopping and changing managers has never got us anywhere. I think after the World Cup will be the time to judge, also to get a few more players in January as clearly there are certain positions that need upgrading. It would help if this contract situation got sorted.

Who would people like to see as a manager? There isn't anyone any better out there. Managers need time, you can't expect Conte to change everything in 12 months and on a fucked up season like this one.

He’s only getting a slagging from the witless wonders who would change our manager at the drop of a hat.

Nobody, and I do mean nobody, who thinks Conte should go, is worth listening to. Their opinions are about as relevant as a bar of chocolate is to the sun.

Should do a poll (open one so people can see who voted) on whether Conte should stay or go. Then I’ll know who to never speak to again.

:adethumbup:

He’s only getting a slagging from the witless wonders who would change our manager at the drop of a hat.

Nobody, and I do mean nobody, who thinks Conte should go, is worth listening to. Their opinions are about as relevant as a bar of chocolate is to the sun.

Should do a poll (open one so people can see who voted) on whether Conte should stay or go. Then I’ll know who to never speak to again.

:adethumbup:
:avbfu:

:mourfinger:

doesn't look like a man who isn't bothered to me.

Its more logical that he isn't bothered about the League cup in regards to the league and CL. we'll see how he treats the FA Cup in the very burdensome season

you can question he's tactics and his methods definitely, but talk of him not caring i disagree with completely

You know his record in the CL?

I'd imagine he was actually delighted at getting through the group since his last CL was a complete embarrassment.

He's making mistakes for sure in player selection

However we can't be asking for him to be sacked this fucking squad is a mumble fucking jumble mess from 4 managers in 5 years now.

If we want to stay he needs backing in Jan and the shit needs moving simple as because these same cunts got Poch the sack, threw Jose under the bus, Nuno fair enough fuck him, but now can't play footy for Conte
This squad?

Which includes 1st team contenders Bentancur, Kulusevski, Bissouma, Richarlison and Perisic all bought since Conte arrived (omitted Lenglet, Spence, Forster for obvious reasons).

And Romero, who was bought 3 months or so before Conte arrived (omitted Emerson, who was bought around the same time, for obvious reasons).

And Lloris, Son and Kane, who I think we can all agree (notwithstanding current form) would make most 1st 11s in the PL.

Are we really saying the main problem is the players?

People are quite unbelievable tbh.

Wtf could he actually rotate yesterday (bar Spence). Kulu and Richi couldn't start, our defenders are all fucking shit, he started Skipp and Bissouma, Gil is fucking weak as fuck and not good enough and Lucas was injured.

Until we replace the mistake riddled jokers (Lloris, Davies, Dier, Sanchez, Doherty, Royal) nothing is going to change regardless of who is managing us.
But it’s not just the players though. It’s the style of play. If you play a system that relies on wingbacks you had better get some excellent wingbacks which he has failed to do. In the modern game you have to be adaptable and Conte has show that he isn’t. We are trying to play a style of football that our players seem unhappy with and unable to adapt to. We just lost to Nottingham Forest reserves without laying a glove on them. Our players have shown that if we play on the front foot that they can be effective such as in the 2nd half against Liverpool where the match situation forced Conte to allow the players off the leash and in the end we were very unlucky. We are too pragmatic and that must be down to Conte

But it’s not just the players though. It’s the style of play. If you play a system that relies on wingbacks you had better get some excellent wingbacks which he has failed to do. In the modern game you have to be adaptable and Conte has show that he isn’t. We are trying to play a style of football that our players seem unhappy with and unable to adapt to. We just lost to Nottingham Forest reserves without laying a glove on them. Our players have shown that if we play on the front foot that they can be effective such as in the 2nd half against Liverpool where the match situation forced Conte to allow the players off the leash and in the end we were very unlucky. We are too pragmatic and that must be down to Conte
As of right now we don't have the personnel available to play anything but a back 5.

The system got us champions league football last year so was successful. Why would Conte just completely change what he's been doing his whole managerial career (especially when he doesn't have the players to do so)?

I'm not going to judge any of our managers now until some of these deadwood players have fucked off. The problem is the players not the manager.

As of right now we don't have the personnel available to play anything but a back 5.

The system got us champions league football last year so was successful. Why would Conte just completely change what he's been doing his whole managerial career (especially when he doesn't have the players to do so)?

I'm not going to judge any of our managers now until some of these deadwood players have fucked off. The problem is the players not the manager.
A bit of both I reckon

I’m still for keeping Conte. Inside there is a manager who is a great fit for Spurs, passionate, clever, tough and incisive with a winner’s mentality.
However, that manager has to come out, he has to see it within himself, he has to work on himself and know he has the skill and the knowledge to make this team - and himself - successful again.

Lenglet,bissouma and sess have played enough to be considered a starting player. He should of played a back 4 started sarr,gil,richarlison,spence atleast. 0 goals in the first half of 8 games running is criminal. He's too defensive with a team that is shit at defending. Conte is not showing he is an elite manager right now he's showing like Jose that he can only do well when you sign him 40m players left right and centre. He's being found out right now in this league and he needs to do something to change that and last night was the perfect opportunity to do that but he stuck to the same old shit.
Gill and Sarr, you kidding me???? Richarlison just comes from injury if you not get it. No manager will change his style/formation, just because it isn't working at the moment. And if we play with 2 at the back we will concede 5 goala per match. You can't play attacking football with players that are technical incapable.
Also neither Sess neither Biss can be said to be the first choice.

I’m still for keeping Conte. Inside there is a manager who is a great fit for Spurs, passionate, clever, tough and incisive with a winner’s mentality.
However, that manager has to come out, he has to see it within himself, he has to work on himself and know he has the skill and the knowledge to make this team - and himself - successful again.
He is, and if it doesn't turn around at Spurs then I'd back him to go elsewhere and be successful.

Unfortunately the current Spurs side isn't showing any single one of these characteristics, and that's strange because at the end of last season I think we were. Which suggests to me that something isn't quite right in the camp.

It is very possible that the current malaise is linked to the passing of Ventrone.

I think it's pretty clear that we can't maintain and sort of pressing, front foot football at the moment for 90 mins, we could do it last season because we had a lot of rest between matches, this season the squad looked fucked, that was the 12th match since the start of October.

Gill and Sarr, you kidding me???? Richarlison just comes from injury if you not get it. No manager will change his style/formation, just because it isn't working at the moment. And if we play with 2 at the back we will concede 5 goala per match. You can't play attacking football with players that are technical incapable.

Of course Gil & Sarr. It was a LEAGUE CUP game. Go look at the teams other sides played! Liverpool played an entire youth team!

We played a rotated Forest team. Their first team is rock bottom of the league. It was pointless playing players like Kane, Hojbjerg etc because they have one eye on the world cup and weren't going to play with full intensity (or close to it) for a league cup game a few days before a league match.

Of course Gil & Sarr. It was a LEAGUE CUP game. Go look at the teams other sides played! Liverpool played an entire youth team!

We played a rotated Forest team. Their first team is rock bottom of the league. It was pointless playing players like Kane, Hojbjerg etc because they have one eye on the world cup and weren't going to play with full intensity (or close to it) for a league cup game a few days before a league match.
They made 9 changes last night so the Forest reserves

Richarlison,kane,kulusevski,son,bentancur,bissouma are not technically incapable. What these average defenders that can't play out need is a solid base in front of them to help protect and keep the ball and attack more which coincidentally takes the pressure of of shit defenders that are constantly defending. 4231 would suit this team so much better. You have 2 decent dogged mids that can defend and attack and good creative technical players up top that can make things happen when they are not sitting on their own 18 yard box.

I told you in the summer this squad is sh****, but people on here loves to overrate certain players and choose 1 or 2 to hate on every single time.
We should be happy we are in top 4 still.
Strange how the squad isn't shit when going well, but suddenly become shit after some poor results.

I mean what is it? Are we poor, is everyone else poorer.

Or could it be we have an inflexible manager who has one formation, one tactic and after that plays the blame game.

And if the players are so poor, why did we get rid of Poch when it was all the players fault? And why is the greasy prick Paratici still in a job when he signs so many players who are shit?

So many questions.

Spend big to appease a manager who looks like he's eyeing up his next job already?

Here's an idea, get him to sign a 6 year contract, after that you can let that idiot Paratici loose with the Tesco clubcard
Six years, blimey you’re keen

:contelol:

Yes, back the man. Not sure what you’re watching but we need new players, loads of em. Why wait.

Thought our deal is with sainsburys anyway?

:kaneear:

Six years, blimey you’re keen

:contelol:

Yes, back the man. Not sure what you’re watching but we need new players, loads of em. Why wait.

Thought our deal is with sainsburys anyway?

:kaneear:
Conte doesn't stay in jobs, we back him and he walks, who comes in to steer his merry bunch of rag tag "effort over skill" yahoos? Who comes in and takes a, lets face it, dull boring football team and turns it into something beautiful with an aging Son and no doubts Kane gone?

So either he makes a big commitment, or fuck him, let him do as he always does and act like the Littleist Hobo and roam from place to place with short stays and car crashes left behind.

Conte doesn't stay in jobs, we back him and he walks, who comes in to steer his merry bunch of rag tag "effort over skill" yahoos? Who comes in and takes a, lets face it, dull boring football team and turns it into something beautiful with an aging Son and no doubts Kane gone?

So either he makes a big commitment, or fuck him, let him do as he always does and act like the Littleist Hobo and roam from place to place with short stays and car crashes left behind.
The players he’s signed are rag tag yahoos? With no re-sale value?

I’d take Poch, he loves a project 😂

Agree Conte needs to sign a contract, it can’t be helping the team.

It's always a bit of both, pal.

I'm not one of the #ConteOUT brigade, but I never was his biggest fan either. To me, he's like Mourinho in that to be successful, he needs to be at the top club in its league and/or have pretty much an unlimited budget at his disposal. Yes, he's turned players like Victor Moses into top performers and at a new position for them, but apart from that I can't recall him working much magic. So why was he appointed at Spurs in the first place, one might wonder (rather legitimately)?

Our squad as a whole isn't good enough to contend for the title, that's for damn certain, and that's mainly on our board and Mr Fabio & his predecessors (fuck you, Stevie H). A fair few of our players are underperforming this season (and previous), that's mainly on them. But Conte too has been off it, he ain't getting away with it scot-free.

He's been stubborn, rigid, and I understand those who go as far as using the word deluded. He clearly ought to take a long, hard look at his own performance...but I think his ego and pride might prevent that from happening. I think he's more likely to walk away than face the challenge head-on.

Anyway, point is: you win as a club, you fail as a club.

Back
Top Bottom