Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This squad?

Which includes 1st team contenders Bentancur, Kulusevski, Bissouma, Richarlison and Perisic all bought since Conte arrived (omitted Lenglet, Spence, Forster for obvious reasons).

And Romero, who was bought 3 months or so before Conte arrived (omitted Emerson, who was bought around the same time, for obvious reasons).

And Lloris, Son and Kane, who I think we can all agree (notwithstanding current form) would make most 1st 11s in the PL.

Are we really saying the main problem is the players?

The squad yes you named the players brought in what about the other 18 there's so much deadwood in this squad the cores basically the same as it's been for years and we have had the same issues so yes

I think it was Chinese philosopher Lao Tzu who said ;
“Give a man a Royal , he will win the odd game, give a man a fishing rod & he’ll win the champions league “

Give the man the right tools for the job

Give him nothing until he commits long term.

He's not doing that until he's backed in January

And honestly good, wtf did anyone or Levy expect, Levy loves to play Brinksmanship on his deals so it's about time someone did it back to him, it seems like it's the only sort of business he knows.

Because every time he gives out long contracts he takes the piss so yeah let's see some backing first in Jan, and I mean proper backing because the squad need's strengthening anyway then Conte can sit down with him and sign a new deal.

Give him nothing until he commits long term.
Yup & ask Big Sam who he fancies just in case

I think we know a contract means little in footie , He could sign a five year deal & walk the next day , in fact didn’t he walk from Juventus ?

He needs promises to be realized , you can’t offer him Jam tomorrow

He's not doing that until he's backed in January

And honestly good, wtf did anyone or Levy expect, Levy loves to play Brinksmanship on his deals so it's about time someone did it back to him, it seems like it's the only sort of business he knows.

Because every time he gives out long contracts he takes the piss so yeah let's see some backing first in Jan, and I mean proper backing because the squad need's strengthening anyway then Conte can sit down with him and sign a new deal.
Bloody hell …. I agree :D

why was Skipp playing as attacking midfielder he was in that position a few weeks ago and was poor and subbed at half time, Skipp is not an attacking midfielder

Yeh, that shit ain't gonna work.....

Play him deep and central.

Just don’t care.

Think he’s on the brink of losing the group, as that collective energy is punctured and limping. We look fatigued and uncommitted to a style.

If he goes, so what, same if he stays.

why is the greasy prick Paratici still in a job when he signs so many players who are shit?

Nice. :rolleyes:

The "shit" list:
Romero
Bentancur
Kulu
Peresic
Bissouma
Richarlison
Forster (mere back-up keeper, but decent)

The young, soon to be "shit" list:
Gil
Sarr
Udogie
Spence

So basically you're just being a sulky bitch about Emerson, yeh?

Btw, people that constantly talk about re-builds and it still being Poch's team.......... (Inc. Royal) that's 12 players in one year, FFS! ........And that's before you factor in another 2 years worth of trfs!

Last edited:
I think it was Chinese philosopher Lao Tzu who said ;
“Give a man a Royal , he will win the odd game, give a man a fishing rod & he’ll win the champions league “

Give the man the right tools for the job

Don’t think anyone can convince me Conte is to blame. This back line punched way above their weight last year. No one outside Romero is good enough. We play in a WB dependent system and only have maybe on in Perisic.

The injuries have really hurt. Sonny never got going. You see how important Kulu is to this team.

All that said we’re still in 4th somehow.

Needs to rebuild this team round Spence, Udogie, Bissouma, Bentancur, Kulu.

Even so, I am extremely concerned about his decision making/judgement.

Managers are so fucking weird.

Especially when they come here (for some reason).

Back
Top Bottom