Arab state marketing vehicle formerly known as Man city v Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I want Lamela to start this one
Lamela will start I feel but Son for me. More direct on goal. When Son plays I feel we have two forwards on the pitch, Lamela for me, another Midfield player going forward. They are different players although give us the same work rate. Im sure we will get it right.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Seriously, how long did that take you to do??
#toomuchtimeonyourhands ????

Biggest game of the season yesterday, top v second and they couldn't fill their stadium.
Toure, their Captain, dragged off again, indifferent performances all over the pitch.
The manager says he's leaving
and the new manager has a shopping list of the world's best players.
They seem to have lost their appetite yesterday.Hope that is the case next week.
It is unreal going into this game with no fear. COYS!
They are coming into this game the weakest they have been in years. .... the way i see it is they have very limited attacking options after the hour mark. Yaya toure isn't exactly the beast we remember. Not to mention, the whole Pep situation must be a slap in the face for pelegrini. This is the game for us to impose our identity and play a very high relentless pressing game. city will not be able to hide. Their pitch is too wide to put 10 behind the ball.If we drop points here it would take some spursy effort but i am confident we will win.

SHUT UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPP!!!!
My Spursometer can't cope with all this confidence!!

• Sergio Aguero has scored 10 goals in 8 PL appearances against Spurs, his highest goal tally against any club in the competition.
  • In the 8 PL matches that Sergio Aguero has played against Spurs, he’s only failed to score on two occasions.

Those stats are not versus this side though... He played once, albeit on the return from injury and looked innocuous.

Lamela will start I feel but Son for me. More direct on goal. When Son plays I feel we have two forwards on the pitch, Lamela for me, another Midfield player going forward. They are different players although give us the same work rate. Im sure we will get it right.
I agree with your analysis of Son, much more direct, and as a team we score more goals. I think he'll start with Son. I think Poch does have a strongest MF and strikers, and it really is a 6 pointer.
You can't say a strongest starting XI as the full backs really do seem interchangeable. They need to be with the running the system requires them to do.

Shame Clinton isn't fit. He tore City to bits last year.

Come on, 15 minutes off the bench when they were chasing a 2 goal deficit. Would be a good sub to have should the same situation arise at the weekend.

Take a draw all day long, they are bound to be up for this one big time after getting humbled at home by Leicester. Be interesting to see if we can make good use of a full week of preparation.

Come on, 15 minutes off the bench

Yeah I know, but for those 15 minutes I thought he was fantastic. He's one of the quickest players we have and on the break that can mean a lot.

I think with the way City play, they're always going to leave space at the back for the break. Like I said, just a shame he's injured and had an unlucky season.

I'd take a draw, but I think we can win.

Been on a little lurk over at Bluemoon.
Seems a bit of a panic has set in after the Leicester defeat.
Some highlights:

"Anything less than a 3 goal losing margin will be a bonus."

"Pellegrini will set up like today with basically the same team and we will get tonked".

"We will get bum raped. Same set up, same gung ho fuck the defending shambles we've seen all season."

"Expecting a heavy defeat"

"If Spurs get at us from the off and play at a high intensity we will lose. Simple."

Seems most of them expect us to win.
They think Demichelis and Otamendi is shit, but apparently the biggest villain is Yaya.

They were so pessimistic that I went to betfair to check if we are actually favorites for this one.
We`re not.
City:19/20 to win
Us: 11/4

With the doom and gloom atmosphere in there, I think I`ll put £20 on us to win.

Those stats are not versus this side though... He played once, albeit on the return from injury and looked innocuous.

Great point, it's just in my opinion we will be playing against one of the best if not the best out and out striker in the world so we will have to be on top of our game. Let hope the lads can pull it off, it would really send out a massive statement to everyone if we win on Sunday

Back
Top Bottom