Arab state marketing vehicle formerly known as Man city v Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let's not forget that the first time we beat them this season was probably the first time a lot of us had the epic connection with the team after watching the Dier interview. We knew this season was going to be the start of something special, we were in this shit together with the same attitude!

I was giving the guy in the office that watches City a bit of a ribbing this morning over the Leicester result. He shot back with how they'll destroy us, blah blah blah. Told him I'd put $20 on Spurs to win and I'd even give him the draw. He immediately backed down and hasn't spoken to me since.

I was giving the guy in the office that watches City a bit of a ribbing this morning over the Leicester result. He shot back with how they'll destroy us, blah blah blah. Told him I'd put $20 on Spurs to win and I'd even give him the draw. He immediately backed down and hasn't spoken to me since.
You were too generous giving him the draw also. I would have taken the bet if I was him just on that.

That's because they know they can do something about it. We can't.
Aye, but they present a very different energy from teams of the past. Remember the second AVB season, when the aforementioned AVB slated the crowed for having a negative ambience about them and that impacting on the team, I don't feel that with these boys.

To add a bit of perspective folks, this club is literally and spiritually being reconstructed. It is not about this season, the team will always and so it should, be a work in progress.
The real talent of Poch is the almost seamless change of personnel. We have no glaring weaknesses in any position. There is a plan here, as Poch wants to start a Dynasty. Players, particularly youngsters, will want to come here because there is tangible proof of opportunity.
The new stadium, and only Spurs could suffer such serial obstacles, is a signpost to better things coming.
They will happen because there is a template for progress. We are at long last, beating the teams we should, and competing with the elite. It's as though Poch decided to start a team of his mates, and mates will always do more for each other.
Clubs, including the big ones, are cautious of us because they know that we will not quit.
So come on Citeh.
Bring yer mates, and bring yer dinner! COYS!

I'm still debating on hitting up the Over My Dead Body reunion. If we win, I'm definitely wearing a Spurs shirt to rile up Daniel (if I go).
I really wanted to go being that Bane and OMDB were two of my favorite bands 15 years ago but I highly doubt there are tickets still available. You know if it's sold out?

Here's an interesting stat from someone on that Citeh messageboard:

"we covered as a team less miles than any other team in the division. Yesterday Tottenham covered more miles than Leicester. That worries me."
:smesh::walker-scream:

Back
Top Bottom