Are the morals of our owners important to you?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My views on the Saudis are clear - I have voiced them through the forum including this thread. So if you're suggesting I somehow support the Saudis, I'd say read my posts again.

My only point was that we should criticise them for things they have done, and have evidence for and not things that are hard to prove. Things like war crimes in Yemen, suppression of political/religious rivals and killing of kashogi are easy to prove. Claiming execution of women as if its some sort of norm is not easy to prove. By the way your 'evidence' consisted of a link to the daily mirror - and the article itself claimed the woman had not been executed, there was a court case going on. People were saying sort of things about the Qataris most of which turned out to be bs.

Since my views on the Saudis and Prince Salman are clear, would you like to clarify your views on Joe Lewis?
To be fair, that's a great point you make about the Qatari's

I wonder how many of our moral crusaders will be supporting England and showing their excitement in the World cup thread next year?

Last edited:
I find it staggering to be honest that in order to defend the Saudi take over of Newcastle people have turned to extreme whataboutery. Saying Lewis, ENIC, the Tories, the government and eating bacon are just as bad.
I don't think people are really defending, or even supporting the Newcastle take over.
It's just the patronizing hypocrisy of some of our own fans pretending we wouldn't be equally excited if we were in their shoes and the determination of others to use the Saudi's human rights record to somehow justify the failings of our own.
Just 2 pages ago, in this very thread, I had a poster asking me which owners could do a better job than our current lot!!

Last edited:
Drop the tiresome glory hunter schtick. It’s boring. I’ve supported us for the best part of 40 years and have no realistic expectations of seeing us win anything. Doesn’t really concern me. Our fucking awful football does.

Our CL venture was despite ENIC, not because of. That was a team moulded by Pochettino. Levy had fuck all idea how it happened or how to maintain it, hence his trying to bolster the team with random French n’not very good transfers.

I don’t even care about the money. I’d have been ok with us selling Kane, just to see a committed, intelligent reinvestment in the team that established pressing, attacking football. But ENIC do not have that plan.

We will continue to slide into irrelevance.

So you don't think it's about trophies - so not glory hunting - yet a steady improvement both off and on the field since ENIC took over is not in you opinion an acceptable plan ....

So just what level of 'glory' would be acceptable to you ...

and just how are we sliding into irrelevance? for the first time in our history ENIC got us into the European elite discussions ... albeit a terrible idea .... how was that making us irrelevant?

Through disinvestment and mismanagement, mostly
Disinvestment? So over 1 billion on facilities, and net over 200m on players in the last three years - which bit of that is disinvestment?

Mismanagement of what? off the pitch hardly ... or are you talking about Mourinho or indeed are you already a Nunu out cultist?

You may off course have a reasoned argument for your one liner - so go ahead and post it.

Disinvestment? So over 1 billion on facilities, and net over 200m on players in the last three years - which bit of that is disinvestment?

Mismanagement of what? off the pitch hardly ... or are you talking about Mourinho or indeed are you already a Nunu out cultist?

You may off course have a reasoned argument for your one liner - so go ahead and post it.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Hahhahahahhahahahahahhaha

I hope Kim Jong Un or Vladimir Putin try to buy next club for sale. I mean, they are the only worse ones than the Saudi royal family on human rights of the major powers (ignoring Afghanistan, Yemen, DRC and the like on their comparative size and lack of wealth)

So you don't think it's about trophies - so not glory hunting - yet a steady improvement both off and on the field since ENIC took over is not in you opinion an acceptable plan ....

So just what level of 'glory' would be acceptable to you ...

and just how are we sliding into irrelevance? for the first time in our history ENIC got us into the European elite discussions ... albeit a terrible idea .... how was that making us irrelevant?
They have also got us out of the CL and went one better out of the Europa, it's 3rd tier European football for us how is that for irrelevance

I mean, there's "a bit shady", and "dodges taxes" (which as a hard working tax payer trying to pay off a London sized mortgage really annoys me) and then there's executing journalists and homosexuals but there are some people here arguing that it's all the same.

Of course, I can't help but be a little jealous that Newcastle are probably on the verge of domestic dominance and I freely admit as a Spurs fan I'd at least be a little excited about a new era of actually winning things if it were us. But that doesn't mean I can't feel a little about entire countries buying Premier League clubs as a PR exercise so we all laugh off the executions and persecutions. No. Just, no.

Fuck City, Fuck Chelsea and now Fuck Newcastle.
It is ridiculous that the media drool over this takeover, especially SKY…..I remember well when Chelsea started this “buy success” thing and a lot of people said it wouldn’t last, he would get bored and move on and Chelsea would be fucked….Well that didn’t happen and City followed suit….

You can’t do this by buying a top team, you have to buy a shit team and build it from the bottom up, Chelsea and City spent half my life time not even in the same division as Spurs….We are so not in that bracket to be bought out, way too expensive, which I’m good with, as I don’t want that kind of success….

Ourselves along with Utd, Woolwich and Liverpool are the only remaining teams of the original top 5 as it was, as Everton are long past being a top 5 club (but ripe for a takeover too) that are still operating in a “traditional” way…..
Utd, they cashed in on their on the field success, as they started to win on the field they slowly developed off the field into the world brand they are today….

Liverpool, by their own standards struggled in the early Premier league era, it took them to 2019 to win a title, but they still won multiple trophies in between, the highlights being 2 Champions leagues and a cup treble back in O1, they actually won more in that below standard than we have in our entire history, simply because their fans demanded they at least compete at the expensive of everything else….

Woolwich, are an enigma, they tried to cash in on their on the field success of the late 90’s early 2000’s but probably left it about 2 or 3 seasons too late, their glory team was needing a severe rebuild but they switched focus to infrastructure, that albatross has hung around their neck ever since…..

We, have decided to bypass football success altogether and go straight to infrastructure, saddled with debt, an already money cautious chairman, doesn’t really bode well for the future.
We still struggle to hold onto our best players, we still are reluctant to push hard on transfers when required and we now have yet another “rival” headed into the mix, and that will be another Levy excuse waiting to happen “it’s just not fair, we just can’t compete” will be the words….

Hindsight is a great thing, but if you look back over history having the big stadium, having the big revenue stream it provides isn’t always the answer, back in the day when this money tree of the PL started, Sheffield Wed, Aston Villa, Newcastle Utd, Leeds Utd had the big stadiums, and more recent Woolwich…It meant nothing because they were run so poorly off the field,

Yes we are as Levy would say “not at risk of doing a Leeds” but only Leeds have ever done a Leeds….
We are run very poorly off the field, I think most fans now see that, Levy is always one or two steps behind what should be happening due to indecisive decision making and more importantly, cautiousness…

We have become the new enigma that Woolwich were, we have put so much into infrastructure that we forgot what we are actually about, football….we may be in what’s called “safe debt” but it’s debt non the less, this is a Chatman who for the first time as Spurs Chairman knows what debt is, and we know how he operated when we didn’t have debt, what is he not going to be like with the debt….He’s fucked it up, we applaud his stadium vision as a work of art, which it is, and that is totally his legacy, no one can take that from him, but he needs to go and be replaced with a much greater vision of reality, our we may actually become Leeds….!!

It is ridiculous that the media drool over this takeover, especially SKY…..I remember well when Chelsea started this “buy success” thing and a lot of people said it wouldn’t last, he would get bored and move on and Chelsea would be fucked….Well that didn’t happen and City followed suit….

You can’t do this by buying a top team, you have to buy a shit team and build it from the bottom up, Chelsea and City spent half my life time not even in the same division as Spurs….We are so not in that bracket to be bought out, way too expensive, which I’m good with, as I don’t want that kind of success….
Spurs will eventually be sold. But it won't be in one go. ENIC will sell part of the club to a new investor (probably from the states or from East Asia) in the not too distant future I think. And like when the Glazers and FSG bought United and Liverpool respectively, the new owner will buy more and more chunks of the club as time moves on.

Or ENIC remains a 40-50% owner even after Joe croaks depending on if Vivienne sees a value in it. But the new owner is also there to call shots. Like how Villa is owned in part by a Egyptian businessman, and in part by the guy who owns the Milwaukee Bucks.

Spurs will eventually be sold. But it won't be in one go. ENIC will sell part of the club to a new investor (probably from the states or from East Asia) in the not too distant future I think. And like when the Glazers and FSG bought United and Liverpool respectively, the new owner will buy more and more chunks of the club as time moves on.

Or ENIC remains a 40-50% owner even after Joe croaks depending on if Vivienne sees a value in it. But the new owner is also there to call shots. Like how Villa is owned in part by a Egyptian businessman, and in part by the guy who owns the Milwaukee Bucks.
It’s possible, but I think I’m right in saying that Joe (ENIC) can’t sell while in debt, Levy can of course, I’d start there….

Back
Top Bottom