Are the morals of our owners important to you?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So glory hunters - our best EPL finish in the club's history, a fist ever CL final with arguably the most exciting cup run ever ... how soon you entitled forget.
Drop the tiresome glory hunter schtick. It’s boring. I’ve supported us for the best part of 40 years and have no realistic expectations of seeing us win anything. Doesn’t really concern me. Our fucking awful football does.

Our CL venture was despite ENIC, not because of. That was a team moulded by Pochettino. Levy had fuck all idea how it happened or how to maintain it, hence his trying to bolster the team with random French n’not very good transfers.

I don’t even care about the money. I’d have been ok with us selling Kane, just to see a committed, intelligent reinvestment in the team that established pressing, attacking football. But ENIC do not have that plan.

We will continue to slide into irrelevance.

Point of order re Florentino Pérez, he doesn't own Real Madrid, he's the chairman, elected by the club's members who are the "owners", as is the case at Barcelona, Athletic Club and Osasuna.

He hasn't "bankrupted" Madrid either, far from it. Their finances are pretty healthy, notwithstanding the financial hit resulting from Covid.
Yes, I understand that. He is an immensely wealthy dude, however, and has put Madrid in a position where due to the financial and membership requirements for the chairman position he's practically their only option. And his habits haven't bankrupted Madrid because they're in another stratosphere from us. But if they ever did get a replacement for him (which is why I used the phrase "bounced" in my original post) and he still wanted to run a football club with white shirts, I'd take him...even though he'd probably bankrupt us because we don't have the money for his talent acquisition predilections.

Does anyone have morals, going for a shit then leaving skid marks in the bowl?? Giving the kids a packet of Crisps for breakfast. Watching Kirsty Gallagher on GB News and think "I'd still show her a good time"

Yeah but they forced the government to issue this disgraceful statement before it was shown;

The programme you are about to see is a dramatized reconstruction of certain events which took place in the Arab world between 1976 and 1978. We have been asked to point out that equality for all before the law is regarded as paramount in the Moslem world.
Then they should have pulled the program

Does anyone have morals, going for a shit then leaving skid marks in the bowl?? Giving the kids a packet of Crisps for breakfast. Watching Kirsty Gallagher on GB News and think "I'd still show her a good time"
Do you live in Axminster?

Just in case anyone was still of the delusional opinion that this man's only crimes against humanity were simple tax evasion.
Has he been charged with any offence or is this yet another Zionist conspiracy theory?

Has he been charged with any offence or is this yet another Zionist conspiracy theory?

You don't get charged with an offence when you've pretty much bought all the authorities in the area and are friends with the President of the country you operate in. What he's doing is illegal, but when you have that much money and influence, the law doesn't really apply to you.

Locals have staged mass protests, but when you have men Lewis employs stating they will 'defend the property, with winchester in hand, with blood if needed' then there isn't much they can really do to stop it.

You don't get charged with an offence when you've pretty much bought all the authorities in the area and are friends with the President of the country you operate in. What he's doing is illegal, but when you have that much money and influence, the law doesn't really apply to you.

Locals have staged mass protests, but when you have men Lewis employs stating they will 'defend the property, with winchester in hand, with blood if needed' then there isn't much they can really do to stop it.
First I’ve heard of this and amazed it wasn’t so well known

Was waiting for Nazi war criminals to surface as I read through it

First I’ve heard of this and amazed it wasn’t so well known

Was waiting for Nazi war criminals to surface as I read through it

It's all very well documented, and a matter for public record. I'm sure there's some embellishment by certain parties, but what Lewis has done is very factual, and can't be dismissed by pretending it's some conspiracy theory, no matter how hard you try to do so.

I wouldn't expect it to make BBC news, it's a very wealthy man taking advantage of poor locals in an unfashionable country. It's not the kind of thing people care very much about.

You my friend are barking up the wrong tree. Try Man City if you want to go on a crusade.

Back
Top Bottom