'Arry out

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Might as well sack the bastard and see if the shock can somehow wake the players up. Either way, don't really want to be bothered anymore. Just waiting for the season to end and the rebuilding groundhog day to start again.

Who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to hire the cunt in the first place, just look at him:

droopy3.jpg

The problem isn't Harry, the problem is the players. Harry will go thats fine, I can cope with that, I'd rather him stay but he won't.

I hate these knee jerk reactions from fellow yids, we always think that we are better then we are when we need to realise that to be successful we need to be as the Germans would put it 'Uber Rich.' Money speaks, so when you put that into consideration over the majority of the season we've been fucking good, you lot just don't like the fact that our bad games have come at once instead of spread over a season. If the latter happened no one would be calling for his head, fact, because everyone wrote us off for the top 4 at the start of the season including every Spurs fan. The fact of the matter is, is that we have an average defence, a crap frontline and a brilliant midfield and every team has sussed us out and you lot are blaming 'Arry? Give me a fucking break.

Adebayor lacks the work commitments to be World class, we all knew that, no dissapointment. Defoe isn't good enough for champions league football, Saha has exceeded his sell by date, Bale is marked out of the game, as is Modric, Van Der Vaart and to some extent Lennon. We don't have a plan B nor the players for a plan B, Redknapp isn't in charge of signing players, the board are, so are we going to be calling to get rid of a board that have stabalised and progressed this club? I very much doubt it

boneycrisp said:
The problem isn't Harry, the problem is the players. Harry will go thats fine, I can cope with that, I'd rather him stay but he won't.

I hate these knee jerk reactions from fellow yids, we always think that we are better then we are when we need to realise that to be successful we need to be as the Germans would put it 'Uber Rich.' Money speaks, so when you put that into consideration over the majority of the season we've been fucking good, you lot just don't like the fact that our bad games have come at once instead of spread over a season. If the latter happened no one would be calling for his head, fact, because everyone wrote us off for the top 4 at the start of the season including every Spurs fan. The fact of the matter is, is that we have an average defence, a crap frontline and a brilliant midfield and every team has sussed us out and you lot are blaming 'Arry? Give me a fucking break.

Adebayor lacks the work commitments to be World class, we all knew that, no dissapointment. Defoe isn't good enough for champions league football, Saha has exceeded his sell by date, Bale is marked out of the game, as is Modric, Van Der Vaart and to some extent Lennon. We don't have a plan B nor the players for a plan B, Redknapp isn't in charge of signing players, the board are, so are we going to be calling to get rid of a board that have stabalised and progressed this club? I very much doubt it
trolling-irl-1.jpg

boneycrisp said:

Not like the manager picks the team and formation and has to put the right mentality into the players' heads or anything :harrysmile:

God I hate that pic. haha

What really annoys me is that just over a month ago the very same people wanted him to stay.

A manager doesn't become crap over night, neither does a team, we have just been sussed out and that is the bottom line and the players are lacking confidence. Sacking 'Arry is pointless because we won't get a new manager in before the end of the season, Kevin Bond and Joe Jordan will also leave, leaving us with Tim Sherwood. Thus would mean the players need to adapt to someone with no managerial experience at a crucial time.

I know my above response was very kneed jerk, but lets all just look at the whole thing with our realistic glasses and not the rose tinted ones we've been pleasured with for the last 6 or so months

Season isn't over by a long shot and finishing 4th was our main priority, in a cup you can lose 1-0 or 10-0, means nothing, you lost. The league is different, we need to finish 4th and if we are to lose we need to lose minimally, however we should theoretically win our remaining games.

Lets forget today, it's pointless, has nothing to do with the rest of our season and lets just look on to our remaining games. We've hit rock bottom, things can only get better. COYS!!!

Abbey Yid said:
boneycrisp said:

Not like the manager picks the team and formation and has to put the right mentality into the players' heads or anything :harrysmile:

Would you change what was a winning side?

boneycrisp said:
What really annoys me is that just over a month ago the very same people wanted him to stay.
Which "very same people"?

A manager doesn't become crap over night, neither does a team, we have just been sussed out and that is the bottom line and the players are lacking confidence. Sacking 'Arry is pointless because we won't get a new manager in before the end of the season, Kevin Bond and Joe Jordan will also leave, leaving us with Tim Sherwood. Thus would mean the players need to adapt to someone with no managerial experience at a crucial time.
You forget though that last season we also imploded in the closing months....and this year there's no CL burden. Has Redknapp no responsibilty in any of that?

As for "adapting to nobody with experience", with the run Harry has been on this year you got to wonder if ol' Pleaty could do any worse for the close season.

Redknapp has won 1 FA Cup in his history. If he blows fourth this year that I am not convinced he is quite the Spurs legend some would pretend.

Oh, and in case your haven't noticed, your hero isn't rushing to commit himself to us.....

Lets forget today, it's pointless, has nothing to do with the rest of our season and lets just look on to our remaining games. We've hit rock bottom, things can only get better. COYS!!!
Somehow I am not sure of the accuracy of this sentence, despite my hopes that it is.

Have we changed formation? we're still playing 4-5-1/4-3-3 the majority of time, today included and also when Saha started up front against Newcastle they ran the game. Having said that Lord Nelsen and Saha are a waste of space at Spurs. The problem seems to be that every team knows that if 4-5-1 doesn't work, we will resort to 4-3-3 (with 2 attacking wingers and 1 striker) and if that doesn't work we will bring Defoe and 4-4-2. If we took of King for Defoe today I reckon we would have won or atleast not concede 5

I know that is a managerial thing what I've said above, but it everyone has become hypocritical overnight on this forum.

I've always been told this and I've always preached it; Spurs fans are very very fickle

Smoked Salmon said:
boneycrisp said:
Which "very same people"?

You forget though that last season we also imploded in the closing months....and this year there's no CL burden. Has Redknapp no responsibilty in any of that?

As for "adapting to nobody with experience", with the run Harry has been on this year you got to wonder if ol' Pleaty could do any worse for the close season.

Redknapp has won 1 FA Cup in his history. If he blows fourth this year that I am not convinced he is quite the Spurs legend some would pretend.

'Arry isn't my hero, my reckoning of Harry was pretty much built upon this season. My managerial Spurs hero in my life time is still Martin Jol. Harry only took us one step further which never was going to be that hard. However, he has not warranted a sacking.

Oh, and in case your haven't noticed, your hero isn't rushing to commit himself to us.....

Somehow I am not sure of the accuracy of this sentence, despite my hopes that it is.

'Arry isn't my hero, my reckoning of Harry was pretty much built upon this season. My managerial Spurs hero in my life time is still Martin Jol. Harry only took us one step further which never was going to be that hard. However, he has not warranted a sacking.

I think I may agree with you the last sentence though, I should have said things should only get better.

I remember everyone saying 'Spurs are dead cert to finish 3rd' I was thinking 'This is Tottenham, anything could happen.' History repeats itself. (that should be our club motto)

I never thought I would post on a topic like this but I think Arry may have taken us as far as we can go under him.

As for replacements I have no idea at this present time who'll we're get but maybe a fresh face in charge will push us on to the next level.

boneycrisp said:

Adebayor ran his nuts off today - he was probably MOM

boneycrisp said:
I've always been told this and I've always preached it; Spurs fans are very very fickle

Define 'fickle'.......we all still turn up week after week regardless of the results.........meanwhile the Scum are replacing their fans with black bin liners

Fickle?! FFS - we are fiercely loyal.

VDV was my MOM, but Adebayor was up there. However for every game he looks good, he looks disinterested in the next. I like Ade and have done since his onfield spat with Bendtner, but he needs a hard working striker linking up with him and we don't have that.

Blanchflower said:
boneycrisp said:

Define 'fickle'.......we all still turn up week after week regardless of the results.........meanwhile the Scum are replacing their fans with black bin liners

Fickle?! FFS - we are fiercely loyal.

Agreed and sorry if I've caused any offence.

My definition is that whenever we are doing well everyone seems to think that we are the best team in the World but a few bad results we question our teams ability at the top level. I know this happens everywhere, but I just really notice it with Spurs

Ben said:
He's going anyway so it's irrelevant, but if that wasn't the case then this thread is poor form.
as we all crave that next level, I wouldnt say it's poor form. we just cannot rely on a tactically inept manager (he's even said it himself!). to compete at the highest level we need a man with a full on football brain, not only "man management."

Back
Top Bottom