Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

League Cup: Aston Villa- Tottenham 0-4 (0-1)
0-1: Defoe (44)
0-2: Paulinho (49)
0-3: Chadli (86)
0-4: Defoe (90)

after what i seen tonight ,here we go, my ratings today (from 1 to 10)
Friedel (8) well done tonight,save 3-4 dangerous shoots,safe in interventions.
Fryers (7) ok today ,without any huge mistakes
Vertonghen (7,5) safe today,ministry of defense, almost to make a.villa player to remain naked in min.47 funny moment :)
Chiriches (7) first his game,his debut, a little nervous first 15 minutes,an error of him made a.villa being close to score min 15,but Friedel save the ball,Chiriches then he start to feel more confident in himself,making 2 ,3 good tacklings,then in the second half ,advance more in the field,in the middle zone of the pitch, in dribbling, without losing the ball (psychologically= that meant he was confident ,being many times in the midfield area (min.77 ran with the ball in the half of the pitch of A.Villa) from the min. 79 played right back,because Walker comes off,Dawson in...i see him in Europa League games in the first 11,definetely ,in this moment Dawson-Vertonghen are titulars in central defense area
Walker (7,5) he get a little injury ,but the he play 79 minutes,he played well,i like him,very good right back.
Sandro (7,5) working more today,good interceptions,running also back to help defense ,then advance in the a.villa half pitch trying good passes for his team mates
Paulinho (8) great asset for the squad,many good interceptions,scoring with a "kung fu" kick style for 2-0 min 49.
Lamela (7,5) technical player,he made good passes, entering in combinations,good effort today,well done.
Holtby (9) i choosing man of the match tonight,man responsible with assists,good vision with his assists
Kane (7,5) he played well today,fighter,he was dangerous for a.villa players,
Defoe (8) scoring 2 goals (Holtby assists) he gave what the striker had to do -the man responsible with goal(s)

substitutions: Dembele (7) min.63 for Paulinho
Chadli (7,5) (min 72 for Kane) =one goal tonight for him
Dawson (7) (min.79 for Walker)

Last edited:
Haha I haven;t seen a second of the game and had only heard about this incident on the radio jut now. It looks way worse than I imagined. What on earth was he doing?!

At first I thought he just reacted as he slipped and reached out and a free kick in the area might have been the fairest outcome. But the photos (see some here) show that he actually just carried on holding on even once he was on the ground. His expression also makes it look like he wasn't surprised about what was happening, or afraid we might conceed a penalty which just makes me laugh really. So in fairness to Villa they should have had a penalty really. Fair play to Hellenious for playing on and still getting a shot off.

4gy.jpg

Is Jan trying to hold his breath?
:vert: "DAT AAAASSS"
"IS THAT A SKID MARK?!"

In my opinon Lamela has done just fine; already adapting very well to the league. He takes his time, doesn't let people hussle him off the ball, he has it all ability wise.
works a lot harder than i was expecting before we bought him.

I find it funny how Woolwich fans are saying that we've only beaten the likes of Villa cause they are not a strong club, and apparently us Tottenham fans will be calling for AVB's head in a few games time...lol
Funny how they talk so much about us, but what comes out is their own feelings about their own club. You know; the one that lost to Villa at their own place and has already chanted "You don't know what you're doing' and booed their own team off this season! Just when leading up to the Chelski game this w/e I'm wondering if I despise Chelski fans perhaps more than the scum, they remind me that I don't. What a bunch of absolute stupid cunts.

Back
Top Bottom