Aston Villa vs. Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I personally would go with this against Villa...

LLoris

Walker Vertonghen Chrichis Rose (if fit)

Sandro Paulinho

Eriksen

Townsend Soldado Lamela

I honestly would give Lamela a start because he is really lacking confidence at the moment. The guy is such a fantastic talent and deserves to be given a chance in the league to prove himself and not some rubbish Europa game in Russia. I would also start Sandro and drop Dembele for now because I think we need a tough tackling midfielder to pair with either Paulinho or Dembele and I feel Paulinho offers more of a goal threat than Dembele so would keep him in for now to partner Sandro. I would take out Dawson because I just feel he is far to slow to be our 1st choice centre back. Chrichis is a Romanian international with enough European experience to start so let's give him a go.

yeah, AVB should start all 7 of the summer signings #yolo

Well, how about he starts with the most expensive ones? Considering that the club was willing to pony up that level of scratch, one would assume there is a belief in their ability and importance to the clubs success

I personally would go with this against Villa...

LLoris

Walker Vertonghen Chrichis Rose (if fit)

Sandro Paulinho

Eriksen

Townsend Soldado Lamela

I honestly would give Lamela a start because he is really lacking confidence at the moment. The guy is such a fantastic talent and deserves to be given a chance in the league to prove himself and not some rubbish Europa game in Russia. I would also start Sandro and drop Dembele for now because I think we need a tough tackling midfielder to pair with either Paulinho or Dembele and I feel Paulinho offers more of a goal threat than Dembele so would keep him in for now to partner Sandro. I would take out Dawson because I just feel he is far to slow to be our 1st choice centre back. Chrichis is a Romanian international with enough European experience to start so let's give him a go.

I don't even think he is lacking confidence. It's starts that is lacking. Townsend has been solid but still has 0 goals to his name which has been part of the problem around the front 3 with the exception of Siggy

Lamela is getting bedded in slowly. He's young, in a new country and doesn't speak the language. Anything but a slow introduction would be naive and could shatter his confidence completely if he performs badly

Lamela is getting bedded in slowly. He's young, in a new country and doesn't speak the language. Anything but a slow introduction would be naive and could shatter his confidence completely if he performs badly
Isn't that newbie for United awfully young ? How did that quick introduction work out for him over the weekend ? Awfully naive of United .. :gio:

I'm up at Villa Park on Sunday week and really want to put the spammers result behind us. Sandro, Holtby and Lamela should get a strong look in and for fucks sake lets repeat the League Cup result.

Isn't that newbie for United awfully young ? How did that quick introduction work out for him over the weekend ? Awfully naive of United .. :gio:
Only he's been at the club and in the country for multiple years already so he has quite a bit of experience with plenty of his team-mates

I really wanna see Sandro start. Hate seeing him on the bench! :sandroscream:
I have a theory with Sandro that AVB will play him every week. As he has a good influance on the team, he don't want to start him too early in the season because he may not see the season out fit. We will need him at the business end.

Well, how about he starts with the most expensive ones? Considering that the club was willing to pony up that level of scratch, one would assume there is a belief in their ability and importance to the clubs success

Performance, not price tag, should determine a player's place in the pecking order. Lamela has been decent, Townsend has been even better IMO. The former's time will come. The latter still deserves to start just for now.

Back
Top Bottom