Aston Villa vs. Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

smokebombs are fuckn stupid at football matches

for one it's selfish as fuck as it hinders other peoples views who are there to watch the match and not be disrupted by some dozey twat

I don't know how lighting a fucking smokebomb is considered an acceptable way of celebrating a goal tbh it adds fuck all to the atmosphere

Back on topic:

Great result today, any away win in the league is good.

Our fans were really, really bad until we scored - it was actually the first time it's bothered me.

Anyway, we've got a very good team, I can't get over how good we are compared to what I've grown up to expect.

I was sat behind Andros Townsend's parents, they were nervous but so excited to see him do well.

10383117544_a2bef704af_o.gif

10384294976_3486a9c019_o.gif
In the first goal Soldado was desperate for a deflection, anything for a goal, in the celebrations from the bench you can see how happy they were for him to get it out of the way. Holtby just shows how much of a nice guy he is with his reaction, ducking under the ball hoping for it to go in for Andros. Made me respect him more.

We opened up more and played some beautiful football at times, especially liked the way our wingers cut in and out making them unpredictable rather than cutting in all times. Something we obviously learned from the West Ham game, learning from our mistakes is a good step forward.

Sandro was a beast, glad he was back in the team.

AVB shows he is always learning, by the above and, by the substitutions made. Bringing on a defensive midfielder to see out the victory, bringing on Lennon to give him some match experience. Also, bringing off Soldado so he could get a standing ovation, in order to build his confidence all the more. Spectacular professional job all round. Was expecting more goals, but the all round performance (bar of course the first half hour ish) was a job well done.

We're not even starting to hit our stride yet, think how dangerous our potential is when everything gets settled.

First away game for me today, loved it, didn't think the performance was upto much. Good win though, villa fans were so quiet and we weren't much better until we scored. Great day out, even if I'm still on my way home now!

Back
Top Bottom