AVB

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Only thing I seen Sherwood do was at U21 game against the Pikies earlier in the year, we were gash in the first half. Apparently he took the team talk at half time (took over from Sir Les and Ramsy). They came out for 2nd half and bossed the game, night and day difference. Please God let him have this effect for Wed.

...you know what's just dawned on me...? The loss of the 'Let it Be/AVB' song... :avbshock:
It's all fallout I guess... collateral damage if you will... shame, I fucking loved that one!

As the old saying goes... every cloud has a fucking thunderstorm just behind it! :avbshit:

Call me crazy, but can we have an easily pronouncable "Goes into chants" easily manager?
One of the first things I think of when we appoint a new guy is does his name work with "***** *****'s Blue And White Army"

Martin Jol just rolled off the tongue. Perfect.

Cue us appointing Mauricio Pocchetino or whatever he is called!

Some juicy itk from looklikemodric at SC:

"Theres a second announcement due tonight.

Believe it or not we have already moved for someone this morning before the announcement of avbs sacking which was decided late last night and signed off this morning. The media still have not got this name and the bookies do not fancy it much either being a 14-1 or a 16-1 shot.

Nothing wrong with Sherwood taking charge. I can tell you exactly how Sherwood got to power, what happened with him/Harry, why he has so much power but is all futile. Sherwood is an alright bloke a bit smarmy but alright mostly. He is being given a hard time but people cannot give any reasons as to why there giving him a hard time."

As long as Sherwood wears a suit I'm cool with him. I don't want a fucking tracksuit manager, and that's not just me being 'trendy'

article-1377937-0BABBFAE00000578-579_468x343.jpg

Like a fucking Sports Direct clear-out.

If anyone one thinks that because AVB is gone everything is going to be rosie and we will start winning 4-0 every other week then you are much mistaken. As poor as AVB's management may have been the simple fact is too many players arent performing or maybe are not good enough and a new manager will not completely chnage that. I Just hope the next guy who comes in is given a chance and the players and manager are not booed off 3 games into his management like norwich at home last year.
We'll have to see, but I disagree with the first part of your post. The manager choses the tactics and selects the team, tells them how to play - I think the players, like us fans, wanted AVB to be right and they tried but it didn't work and its hard as a player to keep playing as you're told when it isn't working, losing badly, and the fans are booing you, etc.
I think we will turn around very quickly and look a lot better very quickly.

Back
Top Bottom